Australian Open 2008 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 11th, 2008, 05:48 AM   #1
country flag Michael_21

Michael_21 is a name known to all Michael_21 is a name known to all Michael_21 is a name known to all Michael_21 is a name known to all Michael_21 is a name known to all Michael_21 is a name known to all Michael_21 is a name known to all Michael_21 is a name known to all Michael_21 is a name known to all Michael_21 is a name known to all Michael_21 is a name known to all
Australian Open 2008

Makiri got drawn on the good half of the draw so she has a good chance to do something at the aussie open if she plays well enough. She drew Meilen Tu in the first round and here is the rest of her Quater of the draw

CHAKVETADZE, Anna RUS [6]
PETKOVIC, Andrea GER
PENG, Shuai CHN
QUALIFIER,
MORIGAMI, Akiko JPN
KRAJICEK, Michaella NED
TU, Meilen USA
KIRILENKO, Maria RUS [27]

SAFAROVA, Lucie CZE [22]
CASTANO, Catalina COL
VINCI, Roberta ITA
RUANO PASCUAL, Virginia ESP
CORNET, Alize FRA
FERNANDEZ, Clarisa ARG
KING, Vania USA
HANTUCHOVA, Daniela SVK [9]

PETROVA, Nadia RUS [14]
PRATT, Nicole AUS
LINETSKAYA, Evgenia ISR
KREMER, Anne LUX
GRANVILLE, Laura USA
MEUSBURGER, Yvonne AUT
MAKAROVA, Ekaterina RUS
SZAVAY, Agnes HUN [20]

RADWANSKA, Agnieszka POL [29]
SAVCHUK, Olga UKR
MULLER, Martina GER
PARMENTIER, Pauline FRA
GOVORTSOVA, Olga BLR
PIRONKOVA, Tsvetana BUL
DECHY, Nathalie FRA
KUZNETSOVA, Svetlana RUS

and in the other quater of Makiris side of the draw is Venus and Ana. So hopfully makiri is 100% and can put in a good run at the Aussie open in 2008. Good Luck Makiri
Daniela Hantuchova
Alicia Molik, Olivia Rogowska, Sam Stosur + All Other Aussies

Last edited by Michael_21 : Jan 11th, 2008 at 06:01 AM.
Michael_21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 11th, 2008, 06:16 AM   #2
country flag kirilenko_ishot

kirilenko_ishot is a glorious beacon of light kirilenko_ishot is a glorious beacon of light kirilenko_ishot is a glorious beacon of light kirilenko_ishot is a glorious beacon of light kirilenko_ishot is a glorious beacon of light kirilenko_ishot is a glorious beacon of light kirilenko_ishot is a glorious beacon of light kirilenko_ishot is a glorious beacon of light kirilenko_ishot is a glorious beacon of light kirilenko_ishot is a glorious beacon of light kirilenko_ishot is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Australian Open 2008

hopefully she can do well at the australian open this year
should get past meilen, but it will be really tough against krajicek in the second round
also eagerly awaiting her new outfit for AO
best of luck makiri!
kirilenko_ishot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 07:15 AM   #3
country flag RandomShot

RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold

Hopefully whatever the problem with her knee was that forced her to withdraw from Hobart has healed or at least subsided and she can focus on the Australian Open.
Mum, dad, we have a trophy!
RandomShot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 07:52 AM   #4
country flag Foot's Fingers

Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute

Good draw for Maria
Foot's Fingers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 08:03 AM   #5
country flag Rod the Bama

Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future

Not a bad looking draw for Makiri. If her knee is better and she can elevate the level of play, then i can her see at best reaching the round of 16. Hopefully she`ll do well in Melbourne.

Rod`s Angels: Caroline, Ana, Flavia, Dani, Ula and Sabine

Rod the Bama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 11:00 AM   #6
country flag Mashak

Mashak has a brilliant future Mashak has a brilliant future Mashak has a brilliant future Mashak has a brilliant future Mashak has a brilliant future Mashak has a brilliant future Mashak has a brilliant future Mashak has a brilliant future Mashak has a brilliant future Mashak has a brilliant future Mashak has a brilliant future

I think it's a good draw for Maria.. Don't know that much about Tu..
But might be beatable =)
Hopefully she can make it to the second round and play Michaella
Good luck Maria!!

Go Sorana Cirstea!
Go Maria Kirilenko!
Mashak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 03:46 PM   #7
country flag leo830301

leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light leo830301 is a glorious beacon of light

Good Luck! Makiri!
She may meet Anna Chakvetadze in 3R.
Break Your own Record!
This time, you will still be in the players' draw in 2nd week!
leo830301 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 03:50 PM   #8
country flag Natash.
:(

Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty good draw. Got the weaker of the top 6 seeds I think. At least at the moment.

Krajicek might be tough.
Natash. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 04:18 PM   #9
country flag cindy

cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute

the draw is good...if her tennis and her mental are too she can go far! good luck makiri

sasha cohen sheva sergei fedorov andrei pavel

kimi raikkonen F1 world champion 2007

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray to be a strong person.” Nadia Comaneci
cindy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 04:52 PM   #10
country flag RonnieB33

RonnieB33 is a name known to all RonnieB33 is a name known to all RonnieB33 is a name known to all RonnieB33 is a name known to all RonnieB33 is a name known to all RonnieB33 is a name known to all RonnieB33 is a name known to all RonnieB33 is a name known to all RonnieB33 is a name known to all RonnieB33 is a name known to all RonnieB33 is a name known to all

I expect her to dominate the 1st round. Tu lost to Klara Z in Auckland who then lost to Maria soundly the next round. Although she did beat Vakulenko in Luxembourg, but she hasn't beaten a Top 40 player since Berlin in May. She is a veteran of the WTA Tour, about to hit age 30 on Thursday.

They played way back in 2003 in Rome with Tu winning 7-6 6-3. I'm sure Maria's out to avenge that loss. =)
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 06:02 PM   #11
country flag Sharapower8

Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future

Davai little Masha ! You can do it !!
We do all believe in you

Sharapova.Vaidisova.Vesnina.Bondarenko.
Wozniacki.Kirilenko.Goerges.Petkovic. Azarenka

Sharapower8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 07:06 PM   #12
country flag Labamba

Labamba is a glorious beacon of light Labamba is a glorious beacon of light Labamba is a glorious beacon of light Labamba is a glorious beacon of light Labamba is a glorious beacon of light Labamba is a glorious beacon of light Labamba is a glorious beacon of light Labamba is a glorious beacon of light Labamba is a glorious beacon of light Labamba is a glorious beacon of light Labamba is a glorious beacon of light

I think it's a good draw for Makiri

If she's 100% fit, she can do something here. Tu isn't a bad first round opponent, Krajicek would be a good test. Chakvetadze is the most beatable Top 8 player for Maria.
Labamba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 07:28 PM   #13
country flag Vassili

Vassili is a splendid one to behold Vassili is a splendid one to behold Vassili is a splendid one to behold Vassili is a splendid one to behold Vassili is a splendid one to behold Vassili is a splendid one to behold Vassili is a splendid one to behold Vassili is a splendid one to behold Vassili is a splendid one to behold Vassili is a splendid one to behold Vassili is a splendid one to behold

Davaï Maria !

~ Hantuchova ~ Ivanovic ~ Raluca Olaru ~ Golovin ~ Chakvetadze ~

The Official Harp Player in Kirilenko's Orchestra

Vassili is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 03:38 AM   #14
country flag Kirilenko_Kamp

Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold

Good luck Makiri at the 2008 Aussie Open! Hopefully your knee has recovered well before your first match. Let's have a good showing here and finally get past the 3rd round in the Slams!
Kirilenko_Kamp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 03:02 PM   #15
country flag dulkogii

dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future

Good draw mariki!

you can do it!