Kangoo-Marion in Australia! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 7th, 2008, 05:53 PM   #1
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute
Kangoo-Marion in Australia!

Sydney
Welcome back on the courts Marion !
We missed you during the off-season, so great to see her name again in a draw ... especially when she is winning such as she did today : she destroyed Karin Knapp 61 60 in one hour to start the year in the best possible conditions. This is definitely good news compared to the poor form of the other top players (Jankovic, Vaidisova, Mauresmo, Chakvetadze, Dementieva). No bad surprises .
A good test for tomorrow against another Italian girl, Francesca Schiavone. Allez Marion .

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaď - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 7th, 2008, 08:15 PM   #2
country flag Schnyderfreak

Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of
Re: Kangoo-Marion in Australia!

ALLEEEZ MARIONN!!

Tommorrow
Court 6 (from 11.00hrs)
1. ATP: Seppi vs. Tsonga

2. Bartoli vs. Schiavone

3. ATP: Jones vs. Minar
4. ATP: Bryan/Bryan vs. Mirnyi/Murray

I hope Schiavone comes to the net alot cuz you´re gonna slaughter her with your passing shots.
You can do it Marion!!

True follower of
Vera Zvonareva Jelena Jankovic Marion Bartoli

Official Fysio/blister patcher of the DONT KNOCK THE DOK!!

Jelena Dokic She's back!!!!
Schnyderfreak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 12:51 AM   #3
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

ugh i hope she destroys her! Two Italians in a row haha

and you are right, it's good to see Marion starting 2008 a lot better than most of the top 10 grls, and infinently better than the way that she started 2007 seeing that she has no points to defend here.
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 06:29 AM   #4
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Marion already out of Sydney with a 62 26 36 loss against Schiavone. That's alright considering all the disappointing performances of the beginning of the year ... but still, as she insisted on being ready in 2008, I expected a bit more from her. Apparently, she had a back problem during the second set.
She aims at reaching 4th round in the AO, hope she can do it.

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaď - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

Old Jan 8th, 2008, 08:06 AM   #5
country flag sorcerer

sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light

Yes I thought she would win this one especially after reading that article. For a language point of view what do you think of my translation?

I also saw something about Marion maybe having an injury during the match. Perhaps it was at 3-3 in the second set which would explain the 7 game slide. But this morning there was nothing to confirm it any injury or any more details, hopefully it is nothing serious but I do hope they mention it on the WTA website.
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 04:56 PM   #6
country flag Super_Marion

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

Kangaroo-Marion?

We <3 Skippy!!
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 05:18 PM   #7
country flag Iceland
From island to island

I forgot that the AO was played on a slow surface! I hope we won't have bad matches just like in Moscow , this change won't benefit to Marion who will tire herself more, if she has to play more shots in every point . She is kind of right to not expect a too deep run here.
We'll be able to have a better idea when we'll have the draw obviously. I just hope she avoids the big names among the 17/24 seeds. Playing Bondarenko would be perfect .

Old Jan 9th, 2008, 12:03 AM   #8
country flag Sund7101

Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future

I figured she got injured in her match with Fran. She should regroup and be able to play well at the AO. I hope she can make a run here, she has no points to defend.

Pierce Seles Hingis Capriati Bartoli Davenport Kournikova Sugiyama Majoli Frazier
Sund7101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 10:27 PM   #9
country flag Schnyderfreak

Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of

Too bad she lost early and cuz of injury. But at least now she has plenty of time to rest recover and focus on Melbourne.

True follower of
Vera Zvonareva Jelena Jankovic Marion Bartoli

Official Fysio/blister patcher of the DONT KNOCK THE DOK!!

Jelena Dokic She's back!!!!
Schnyderfreak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 10:26 AM   #10
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

I heard from well informed journalists that there is no fear for Marion. We have to wait for AO draw.
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 08:17 PM   #11

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

You're an enigma Lighter. You'll be at home here at TMR.

Old Jan 10th, 2008, 09:58 PM   #12
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

I am not an enigma. I am just a lucky french who live in a sunny location. And as french, it is easier for me to know what is going on ? Who know who ? Concerning Marion, I know that Alain Deflassieux from "l'équipe" is close to her and her father. He is always very well informed. And yesterday, I listened him on a french radio speaking about Marion and the other french tennis players.

If you want to listen Alain Deflassieux, here is the link for podcast (January 9th) :
http://podcast.rtl.fr/carrementsport.xml
You can use itunes for example. If you want more details, ask me.

Moreover, this radio rtl-l'équipe features commentary of all matchs.

Last edited by Lighter : Jan 10th, 2008 at 10:03 PM.
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 05:52 AM   #13

Thank you. You're contribution is appreciated. It's good to have a new face here Some people here will be able to listen to those podcasts. Unfortunately I dont speak French :/
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 05:11 PM   #14
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Nobody to talk about Marion's draw in Australia?

Here it is :

(8) V.Williams vs Yan
Pin vs Qualifier
Ferguson vs Qualifier
(31) Mirza vs Tulyaganova

(24) Li vs Brémond
Camerin vs Wheeler
Johansson vs Qualifier
(10) Bartoli vs Arvidsson

I don't like this draw at all ... Her first two rounds are quite correct, even though Arvidsson is said to be in good form for having beaten Elena Dementieva. But then Na Li is the in-form girl with Lindsay .. what a bad luck to face her, she is a very difficult opponent to play as she takes the ball so early & is so fast ... She will obviously manage to take advantage of Marion's powerful shots, I'm sure of that. This is a kind of revenge for not playing Fed Cup ^^, she just couldn't avoid China it seems!
I hope she can reach the 4th round as she wanted, to have a rematch with Venus .
Allez Marion, you're a top 10 girl, don't forget that!

Old Jan 11th, 2008, 07:36 PM   #15
country flag sorcerer

sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Iceland

Reading about the new courts was quite interesting...faster than Wimbledon but a little bit below Flushing Meadows.

I think we've all got our fingers crossed for that 4th round match with Venus. That would be great. Getting there, hopefully Marion can wrap up the first two matches in straight sets. After winning Gold Coast, Li didn't play this week, so maybe if Camerin or most probably Bremond can take a set, I think it would make Li's progression 'interesting'.

I spose we're all a bit in the dark. The preparation and build up was very impressive, but noone could have forseen the time out against Schiavone and (according to sport365.fr) having to return with a strapped thigh.