Australian open 2008 - Page 46 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 27th, 2008, 01:51 PM   #676
country flag bellascarlett

bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Congratulations MASHA AO open Champion 2008

Still so happy for her! I hope she enjoys this victory so much!

Congrats to all her fans as well! I was a bit superstitious the whole two weeks so I didn't come in here.
Advertisement

Old Jan 27th, 2008, 02:13 PM   #677
country flag Confident

Confident is a splendid one to behold Confident is a splendid one to behold Confident is a splendid one to behold Confident is a splendid one to behold Confident is a splendid one to behold Confident is a splendid one to behold Confident is a splendid one to behold Confident is a splendid one to behold Confident is a splendid one to behold Confident is a splendid one to behold Confident is a splendid one to behold
Re: Australian open 2008

Oh, this tournament was her best performance so far, it's for sure. I really loved her game, her concentration and everything here. I'm so proud of Maria. For me she is the greatest champion ever. Congratulations!!!

is my real idol
Official Cat of the Maria Mafia
<3 GGG only for Maria <3
Confident is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2008, 02:14 PM   #678
country flag Dan23

Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of superstitions I was pretty bad too...
same water bottle for the whole 2 weeks
didnt shave for 2 weeks because she kept winning
didnt want to use the flag I used at the 2007 final again
pavlyuchenkova

Dan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2008, 02:29 PM   #679
country flag bellascarlett

bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan23 View Post

And good call about the flag from last year!

Oh and one more for me...backstory first: I saw Maria before the US 06 win and told her I hope she'd win and saw that as a good luck thing. So when I went to HK a few weeks back to watch her, I really made I point to make a huge sign that read "good luck at the AO! please win!" just because I felt it might bring her luck. I also told Yuri I hoped that Maria would win. Well, I'd like to think everything worked!

I'm crazy I know but who cares?! impt thing is she won!
Old Jan 27th, 2008, 02:32 PM   #680
country flag Jovana.
sleep deprivation.

Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharapower8 View Post
Totally agree with you guy !!
girl...
Jovana. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2008, 02:33 PM   #681
country flag Shoulderpova
Team WTAworld

Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute

no wonder her forum had been awfully quiet for the first week
Shoulderpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2008, 02:33 PM   #682
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Me superstitious?

It's so stupid all the things you believe will make a difference in a match or before a match, I know it's crazy to think it would but I can't help it

I guess I'm not the only one

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2008, 05:19 PM   #683
country flag Taja05

Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light Taja05 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Australian open 2008

I'm still ecstatic about the win! Masha played some amazing tennis. To win a major without dropping a set, considering the today's competition in women's tennis is an amazig achievement. And also being the first Russian to win the women's singles. Hope Masha can keep this form for a long time and win many more tournaments in the process.
Taja05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2008, 05:41 PM   #684
country flag Sharapower8

Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighHopes View Post
girl...
Sorry
Totally agree with you girl, then

Sharapova.Vaidisova.Vesnina.Bondarenko.
Wozniacki.Kirilenko.Goerges.Petkovic. Azarenka

Sharapower8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2008, 08:06 PM   #685
country flag MaitaBaby
fallshortpova

MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of

Oh god don't get me started on my superstitions.

After she won against Davenport, I made a few mental notes on what I did that day. I didn't pee in between sets even though I drank beer, I drank beer, I had to be in my Nike gym clothes, I was at the left side of the couch and I just kept praying all throughout the match. Most of it were stupid little details but hey it brought us to GS glory again so..
Old Jan 27th, 2008, 08:41 PM   #686
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaitaBaby View Post
Oh god don't get me started on my superstitions.

After she won against Davenport, I made a few mental notes on what I did that day. I didn't pee in between sets even though I drank beer, I drank beer, I had to be in my Nike gym clothes, I was at the left side of the couch and I just kept praying all throughout the match. Most of it were stupid little details but hey it brought us to GS glory again so..

Poor Maria, and she actually thinks that she is winning these matches

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2008, 09:03 PM   #687
Lefty.
박규리

Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summon View Post
I guess I only had a minor superstition, during her matches I would never edit her pictures and I would never change my sitting position even if my legs were falling asleep.

Lefty. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2008, 09:27 PM   #688
country flag MaitaBaby
fallshortpova

MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summon View Post
It's good to think we're somewhat part of it.
Old Jan 28th, 2008, 01:50 AM   #689
country flag waratahsrock

waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan23 View Post
that flag is 1-1 in finals now!
waratahsrock is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2008, 01:57 AM   #690
country flag waratahsrock

waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute waratahsrock has a reputation beyond repute

Our superstition of having a quite Bourbon beside the Yarra River just before entering the stadium is 100%
waratahsrock is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote