Australian open 2008 - Page 42 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 26th, 2008, 06:48 AM   #616
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future
Re: Australian open 2008

Look at that draw. Davenport, Dementieva, Henin, Jankovic and then Ivanovic. Wow Masha, I so love you!!!
domon17th is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 26th, 2008, 06:53 AM   #617
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Ivanovic was her toughest opponent. This could be a classic rivalry that lasts for years. I kind of hope Maria dominates so often it isn't---but Ivanovic will remain a challenge.
nelsondan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 07:05 AM   #618
Lefty.
박규리

Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing 2 weeks Maria! A pity the final was a bit anticlimactic, it just didn't have the same buzz for me as the US Open final did, but she was amazing in this tournament and didn't drop any sets! 3 slams already! *WOOT*

Lefty. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 07:08 AM   #619
country flag Shimizu Amon

Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future

Oh my I'm so happy, I can't even find the words how happy I am now.
After she won I was jumping wildly up and down my living room, if it would've been filmed I guess it would've ended up on youtube .
Congrats to Masha on your third GS. How impressive. And how proud I am. Well I guess I can say WE all are.

4452... Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria's Official Slayer of the Maria Mafia

Devoted to Maria Sharapova, Mary Pierce and Steffi Graf
Shimizu Amon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 07:09 AM   #620
country flag Dexter
Team WTAworld
Polish & Serbian Kingdoms

Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to Maria & her fans on my behalf. As much as it pains me to say this she was the best this tournament and deserved this title, like nobody else. So well done, and I'm looking forward to another final between them, maybe already in the Middle East.
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 07:22 AM   #621
Lefty.
박규리

Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
Congratulations to Maria & her fans on my behalf. As much as it pains me to say this she was the best this tournament and deserved this title, like nobody else. So well done, and I'm looking forward to another final between them, maybe already in the Middle East.
Thanks for the kind words Dexter.

Lefty. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 07:28 AM   #622
country flag Sharapower8

Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future

There's nothing's left to say ! Congratulations Maria
She proved us again she was simply the best !! I can't wait for the rest of the season

Sharapova.Vaidisova.Vesnina.Bondarenko.
Wozniacki.Kirilenko.Goerges.Petkovic. Azarenka

Sharapower8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 07:37 AM   #623
country flag Sharapower8

Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future
Re: Congratulations MASHA AO open Champion 2008

CONGRATULATIONS MARIA !!
I'm so so so so happy for her !! There's only French Open's left

Sharapova.Vaidisova.Vesnina.Bondarenko.
Wozniacki.Kirilenko.Goerges.Petkovic. Azarenka

Sharapower8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 08:07 AM   #624
country flag lakan kildap

lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold

First, big congratulations to Maria. Finally, after being so close a few times.

I have not posted for a long time, and I have not read a lot of the traffic lately, so if I'm repeating some themes already discussed, please forgive me:

-in the first set, when Ivanovic hit a ball out, and it was correctly called out, but was then overruled by the umpire (Molina?), Maria challenged the overrule, and Hawkeye proved Maria right. The point was replayed, to my shock. Shouldn't the point have gone to Maria then? IMO, it should have been 30-30 at that time, since Ivanovic hit an error. Since Ivanovic also served a double fault during the 'replay', who knows what might have been. It could have easily been 30-40, break point for Maria. Instead, Ivanovic was able to hold her serve during that game. It's all water under the bridge, I know, but still, I think it was a wrong decision to replay. let's just say it's just as well Maria won that first set. Had it gone the other way, I think umpire's decision to replay the point could have turned the match around.

-Ivanovic I think is still too girly-girly-nice. That's the only problem I see with her so far. the physical aspects of her game are solid. she said she now believes she's a top player, but I don't know how hard she believes that. she squeals and tiptoes and twists when she hits a winner, and fans find that endearing, but I think it also reveals an inner doubt that she doesn't admit she still has.
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 08:25 AM   #625
country flag Matthias13

Matthias13 is a splendid one to behold Matthias13 is a splendid one to behold Matthias13 is a splendid one to behold Matthias13 is a splendid one to behold Matthias13 is a splendid one to behold Matthias13 is a splendid one to behold Matthias13 is a splendid one to behold Matthias13 is a splendid one to behold Matthias13 is a splendid one to behold Matthias13 is a splendid one to behold Matthias13 is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations Maria Hoping for a superb 2008

Good to have you back Kim No Justine, you're not welcome
Matthias13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 08:27 AM   #626
country flag lakan kildap

lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cat View Post

I'm surprised that Masha has shown such fine form to start 2008 after having serious right shoulder problems in 2007. If Maria stays healthy this year she could have a great year.
we had some indication she's on her way back because of the form she displayed in last year's YEC. Still, winning over Henin 6-0 in the 2nd set was amazing.
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 08:47 AM   #627
country flag furrykitten

furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute furrykitten has a reputation beyond repute

Well done to Maria

Lets hope she can win French Open also

WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS FC
furrykitten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 09:26 AM   #628
country flag Kim's_fan_4ever
The only girl in the world.

Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute

It was one of the best tournaments won by Masha, she truly deserved the title from the very start. Not the best showing in the final, but she won and that's what matters in the end
I so loved the speech, it was so emotional and touchy, she nearly made me cry
Thanks Maria for winning

Kim's_fan_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 09:28 AM   #629
country flag Justineladivine

Justineladivine has a brilliant future Justineladivine has a brilliant future Justineladivine has a brilliant future Justineladivine has a brilliant future Justineladivine has a brilliant future Justineladivine has a brilliant future Justineladivine has a brilliant future Justineladivine has a brilliant future Justineladivine has a brilliant future Justineladivine has a brilliant future Justineladivine has a brilliant future

Very happy for Maria and her fans.
If she goes on like this, well, she may just do even better this year. Anyway there's never been any doubt in any sound tennis fan's mind that she was cut out to be one of the greats.
Cheers everybody
Justineladivine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 09:47 AM   #630
country flag Shimizu Amon

Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future

I posted a gazillion times congrats, but hey I can give one more to Masha.

So congrats to you. You did an AMAZING job!

4452... Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria's Official Slayer of the Maria Mafia

Devoted to Maria Sharapova, Mary Pierce and Steffi Graf
Shimizu Amon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote