Australian open 2008 - Page 29 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 24th, 2008, 02:24 AM   #421
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Australian open 2008

When Jelena serves she is shaky too, Maria always has a chance to break. But now Maria has 2 breakpoints, but misses... 4 backhands in a row. Luckily Jelena isn't playing well enough to really take advantage of Maria's nervousness.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2008, 02:29 AM   #422
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Jelena is going for silly dropshots, which is helping Maria out. We all know Maria isn't all that fast, but Jelena's dropshots are poorly disguised and are a bit floaty, so Maria is running them down easily to hit winners. Maria has won the first set 6-3 now.
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 02:44 AM   #423
country flag HowardH

Now Jelena's back seems to be bothering her, so she has called the trainer and had a medical timeout. Maria took the opportunity to practice some serves, which I think may help her. Her serve has been a little hot and cold so far. Well it's hard to tell how badly JJ is hurt, if her movement will be affected. I think the back is making her second serve worse than normal. Also Maria might have her rhythm put off by JJ's injury. But now it looks like the match should be Maria's - but with Masha you never know.
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 03:03 AM   #424
country flag HowardH

I think it's all over now. Maria didn't play that well, but JJ is psychologically beaten at this point. She was even crying a bit, I feel for her too. But it's good news for Masha. I can't see how this match could turn now. I mean, well, it's Maria, so maybe... no I don't think so. Oh now it's over, 3 and 1.
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 03:08 AM   #425
country flag swissmr

swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute

Maria in the final!
Didn't play her best today, but 8 aces ain't bad. She really cleaned up the serve in the second set.
swissmr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 03:12 AM   #426
country flag heelsrule1988

heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all

I picked 6-3, 6-2... pretty good, huh?

Less than 48 hours to go until the final step. I don't want to go ahead and give her the title, but she's playing absoutely amazing tennis. A little shaky in this one, but still... she is the clear favorite.
heelsrule1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 03:12 AM   #427
country flag Emina.

Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Maria!!vamossss :b ounce:
Emina. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 03:15 AM   #428
country flag Kim's_fan_4ever
The only girl in the world.

Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Not the best performance but nothing more was needed, I guess Good luck in the final Maria, you're the clear favourite for the title
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 03:20 AM   #429
country flag Shoulderpova
Team WTAworld

Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute

Masha
Her serve in first set was but she cleaned it up in 2nd
Go Masha
Shoulderpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 03:22 AM   #430
country flag MaitaBaby
fallshortpova

MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of

Just no on the performance tonight. Maria got away with this one but she needs to get that level back up if she wants to go all the way. Probably she thought she didn't have to play at her best and maybe she's right but that's not going to work in the final.
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 03:30 AM   #431
country flag Mike_from_Russia
Premium member

Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold Mike_from_Russia is a splendid one to behold

Congrats Maria! Not a perfect game, the serve is not that good. She needs to step it up in the next match.
Mike_from_Russia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 03:35 AM   #432
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

It was a fairly mediocre match from Maria. But she routined Jelena Jankovic and made the final and that's the main thing. But she needs to play better in the final than she did today especially if she plays Ana Ivanovic who pounded Maria twice last year. Ivanovic has a huge game and will look to pummel Maria's second serve which can break down especially against a top power player.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 03:35 AM   #433
country flag Rod the Bama

Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future

Another good win for Maria. She didn`t look as sharp as she did in the previous match against Henin, especially with the serve after going up 5-0 in the first set, but she played good enough to get the win. Now she`s one step closer to the title. Hopefully she can improve on her play before the finals.

Rod`s Angels: Caroline, Ana, Flavia, Dani, Ula and Sabine

Rod the Bama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 03:48 AM   #434
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome!

About the serve, does anyone know how many aces and double faults she made in each set?

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 03:50 AM   #435
country flag Il Primo!
Number 1 Veeshabator in the game for a minute

Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute Il Primo! has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome win Maria! Just one match and you can get wasted a la Britbrit, I won't be mad at you!
VAMOS!
Il Primo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote