Fed Cup 2008 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 6th, 2008, 03:05 AM   #1
country flag ~|Naomi|~

~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute
Fed Cup 2008

Thought it was time for a new Fed Cup thread

Czech Republic v Slovak Republic
BRNO Exhibition center - Hall B, BRNO, Czech Republic
Stadium Capacity: 3800
02 February - 03 February 2008
Day 1: 13.00 (12.00 GMT)
Day 2: 12.00 (11.00 GMT)
Surface: Carpet (Supreme) - Indoors
Ball Type: Wilson Australian Open

Head to Head Czechs lead 2-0. This is the first time they meet in Czech Republic the first two times were both in Bratislava.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 6th, 2008, 03:11 AM   #2
country flag ~|Naomi|~

~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fed Cup 2008

Have we heard anything about the teams?
Obviously Lucie & Nicole are definites if they are fit and available.
But who else do you think they should pick on the Czech team? Zakapalova? She lost 6-0 6-2 to Pironkova today but is the 3rd ranked Czech in singles at 61. Then maybe Benesova, she has dropped out of top 100 in singles but in doubles is 34.
Is Peshke available? She is the top Czech in doubles. Maybe they should go for Benesova and Peschke as the 3rd and 4th players to have a strong doubles team?
Or perhaps Nicole, Lucie, Zakapalova and Peschke with Peschke to partner Nicole in doubles?
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 04:21 PM   #3
country flag Yellow Moon

Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of

New Fed Cup captain (Petr Pala) has made a line-up for Feb 2-3 matchup agst SVK in Brno:
1. Nicole Vaidisova
2. Lucie Safarova
3. Kveta Peschke
4. Petra Cetkovska
5. Iveta Benesova (alt)
Yellow Moon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:24 PM   #4
country flag Kai

Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute

Petra Cetkovska over Iveta ??
but its okay Iveta can play qualies in Paris now
Kai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:24 PM   #5
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

My God! That captain obviously doesn't like much Barbora, Iveta and Petra K.

Lucie lost to Castano. I wouldn't be surprised to see her lose the two Singles. And it's not Petra or Kveta who will go on to beat Cibulkova or Hantuchova. Nicole must win he two aswell.

Slovaks will have the best Doubles team. Barbora or Iveta would' been a MUCH better choice.

Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:45 PM   #6
country flag Farina Elia Fan
Team WTAworld

Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute

I think there are major problems with Kveta and Iveta - play played doubles against each other the other day and Iveta didnt even look at Kveta at the handshake.

Also Kveta only played 2 singles tournament last year both on clay and beat Nadia Petrova at the French Open
Farina Elia Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:15 AM   #7
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farina Elia Fan View Post
I think there are major problems with Kveta and Iveta - play played doubles against each other the other day and Iveta didnt even look at Kveta at the handshake.

Also Kveta only played 2 singles tournament last year both on clay and beat Nadia Petrova at the French Open
Well, obviously, you CAN'T have Kveta/Iveta as a team.
It's always nice to have a good player to support the top two.
Unfortunately, all Czech girls except Nicole are sucking big time at this moment.

I always tought Nicole, Lucie, Iveta, Barbora and Petra was a good team and would be the team for a few years.

Iveta was often described as the best Doubles player of all four players (she beat Thailand by herself or so).

It's just weird to put Petra C. when it's a super important tie. If Iveta is too mad at Kveta, take Barbora?
Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:12 AM   #8
country flag Lunaris
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute

I too thought Barbora would be a better choice (to play with Nicole after they beat Raymond/Schiavone). Safarova might not play at all, so it's basically on Nicole's shoulders. Though it's possible Hantuchova won't play to rest a bit after Melbourne, that would suck for the spectators however.
Lunaris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 08:26 PM   #9
country flag Yellow Moon

Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly View Post
Well, obviously, you CAN'T have Kveta/Iveta as a team.
I hope you're wrong. It's the only way left for them to get on the Olympic team. I heard Iveta say she really would love to go the Olympics...
Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 10:18 PM   #10
country flag davidmario

davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute

Kveta is too strong in doubles to not give her a spot. I think Benesova is not the player who should be playing fedcup, she's so weak mentally. I remember the doubles tiebreak against France 2 years ago She was on such low confidence. What about Kveta/Barbora as doubles? Barbora is good in doubles too.
davidmario is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 10:32 PM   #11
country flag Wiggly

http://sport.idnes.cz/pala-nominace-...4332_tenis_bur

Maybe there is some explanation there.
Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:02 PM   #12
country flag Farina Elia Fan
Team WTAworld

Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly View Post
http://sport.idnes.cz/pala-nominace-...4332_tenis_bur

Maybe there is some explanation there.
need a translation lol
Farina Elia Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:08 PM   #13
country flag Yellow Moon

can't extract much info of substance, but it says Iveta won't go merely as a sparring partner, but a full-valued player and placement on court can change at the last minute. When you look at WTA ranking, Pala picks the players from highest to lowest/experienced. And Petra is numerically above Iveta...
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 08:17 AM   #14
country flag Lunaris
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Moon View Post
can't extract much info of substance, but it says Iveta won't go merely as a sparring partner, but a full-valued player and placement on court can change at the last minute. When you look at WTA ranking, Pala picks the players from highest to lowest/experienced. And Petra is numerically above Iveta...
Yeah, that's basically what Pala said.
Lunaris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 03:50 PM   #15
country flag Bennguin1491
A new star is rising...

Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute

yay for petra!

i'd be shocked if lucie plays, with her injury/poor form.

we'll be counting s t a r s
benny.segs.toaster.rouster.nacho
Bennguin1491 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote