Ana's 2008 Down Under Campaign - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 8th, 2008, 02:40 AM   #31
country flag Langers

Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana's 2008 Down Under Campaign

Phew! Great fight, she's pumped!

Cmon Ana!!!
Langers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 8th, 2008, 02:52 AM   #32
country flag ~lollipop_girl~

~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute

Y'all can thank me

I stopped watching for the 2nd set and the 1st 7 games of the 3rd set coz I was busy and i started watching again at 2-5 and she never lost a game

She is soooo pumped!!!
KEEP SCREAMING MASHA!!!
GO MY GIRLS!!!

|Ain't no party like a...COCKTAIL PARTY!| D'Express_027|

0027...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Official Shortie of the Maria Mafia...
Go the Mighty Knights...My other girls:Makiri,Aga,Tati,Misa,Jarka
~lollipop_girl~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 02:52 AM   #33
country flag Dexter
Team WTAworld
Polish & Serbian Kingdoms

Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute

Ana came back from 2-5 in the 3rd to win 61 26 75!

She's a maniac, maniiiiac on the court!
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 02:55 AM   #34
country flag Dexter
Team WTAworld

Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute

Katie, thank you.

Happy now?
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 02:58 AM   #35
country flag dybbuk

dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute

Great fight Ana. She has no chance against Justine like this, but on the bright side, I will see my first live Ana match of 2008 tomorrow night.
dybbuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 03:20 AM   #36
country flag Langers

Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute

Well that was certainly much closer than it should have been. She played unbelievably well in the 1st set, one of the best sets of tennis I’ve seen her play. She was hitting winner after winner and she was really mixing it up by coming into net every now and then and her volleying was impressive. As I said earlier, her movement has improved out of sight and she’s able to get to a lot more balls now. She’s lost a bit of weight since I last saw her which is good.

I’m not sure what happened in the second set. She was still playing decently but her opponent started to really lift her play and use Ana’s pace. Ana had a few chances to get back into the set but after a long game at 4-2 she failed to take a few break points and Razzano held her serve. Then Ana was broken to love in the final game of the set and she was looking to finish the set as quickly as possible. At the conclusion of the set, her coach came down and spoke to her and gave her some encouragement.

She started off the third set with the instructions of hitting the ball deeper and taking it right to Razzano. However she started the final set pretty poorly and she found herself in a big hole down 5-2. She was in trouble on serve but she managed to hold on and then when Razzano was serving for the set she really tightened up and Ana took full advantage. After breaking to make it 5-4, Ana’s service game was extremely solid. She served very well and from this point onwards there was only going to be one winner. Ana was extremely pumped up towards the latter stages of the set and after every point she won she was pumping the fist. She gave her typical squeal after taking the match and lots of fist pumping.

Well it was a lot tougher than I had anticipated, especially after she cruised through the 1st set. It’s hard to explain what happened because she’s in such great condition and she was hitting the ball as clean as ever. She did start making quite a few unforced errors and although her backhand has improved a heck of a lot it is one room for further improvement as it’s a tad unreliable. I’d extremely glad she won because I think she needs to get a few more matches under her belt before the Australian Open in order to be fully prepared.
Langers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 03:20 AM   #37
country flag ~lollipop_girl~

~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute ~lollipop_girl~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
Katie, thank you.

Happy now?
Yes

Now hopefully i have the same affect next match if its CC
KEEP SCREAMING MASHA!!!
GO MY GIRLS!!!

|Ain't no party like a...COCKTAIL PARTY!| D'Express_027|

0027...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Official Shortie of the Maria Mafia...
Go the Mighty Knights...My other girls:Makiri,Aga,Tati,Misa,Jarka
~lollipop_girl~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 09:12 AM   #38
country flag MagicMilan

MagicMilan has a brilliant future MagicMilan has a brilliant future MagicMilan has a brilliant future MagicMilan has a brilliant future MagicMilan has a brilliant future MagicMilan has a brilliant future MagicMilan has a brilliant future MagicMilan has a brilliant future MagicMilan has a brilliant future MagicMilan has a brilliant future MagicMilan has a brilliant future

Exactly a type of match she needs to play before the Aussie It's good she's been tested and even better she got away with a win
SF with Justine closer and closer
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 02:48 PM   #39
country flag forever young

forever young is just really nice forever young is just really nice forever young is just really nice forever young is just really nice forever young is just really nice forever young is just really nice forever young is just really nice forever young is just really nice forever young is just really nice forever young is just really nice forever young is just really nice

I Wish Her Luck.
forever young is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 03:20 PM   #40
country flag dybbuk

dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute

Court 1 (from 11.00hrs)
1. ATP: Simon vs. Berdych
2. ATP: Grosjean vs. Verdasco
3. Ivanovic vs. Srebotnik
4. ATP: Gasquet/Tsonga vs. Damm/Vizner
5. ATP: Moyá vs. Calleri

Ajde Ana
dybbuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 05:52 PM   #41
country flag DAVAJ MKirilenko
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
Well that was certainly much closer than it should have been. She played unbelievably well in the 1st set, one of the best sets of tennis Ive seen her play. She was hitting winner after winner and she was really mixing it up by coming into net every now and then and her volleying was impressive. As I said earlier, her movement has improved out of sight and shes able to get to a lot more balls now. Shes lost a bit of weight since I last saw her which is good.

Im not sure what happened in the second set. She was still playing decently but her opponent started to really lift her play and use Anas pace. Ana had a few chances to get back into the set but after a long game at 4-2 she failed to take a few break points and Razzano held her serve. Then Ana was broken to love in the final game of the set and she was looking to finish the set as quickly as possible. At the conclusion of the set, her coach came down and spoke to her and gave her some encouragement.

She started off the third set with the instructions of hitting the ball deeper and taking it right to Razzano. However she started the final set pretty poorly and she found herself in a big hole down 5-2. She was in trouble on serve but she managed to hold on and then when Razzano was serving for the set she really tightened up and Ana took full advantage. After breaking to make it 5-4, Anas service game was extremely solid. She served very well and from this point onwards there was only going to be one winner. Ana was extremely pumped up towards the latter stages of the set and after every point she won she was pumping the fist. She gave her typical squeal after taking the match and lots of fist pumping.

Well it was a lot tougher than I had anticipated, especially after she cruised through the 1st set. Its hard to explain what happened because shes in such great condition and she was hitting the ball as clean as ever. She did start making quite a few unforced errors and although her backhand has improved a heck of a lot it is one room for further improvement as its a tad unreliable. Id extremely glad she won because I think she needs to get a few more matches under her belt before the Australian Open in order to be fully prepared.

Haven't seen the match yet, but isn't it just that Razzano played great after the 1st set? Or was it more that Ana couldn't get her level?
I think you can't underestimate Razzano. I always find her a great player but she misses it to close out matches.
Mauresmo won Antwerp last year, but her toughest match was certainly against Razzano. In the end of the sets Razzano just failed to finish it. I certainly believe this girl can reach top 20 once she knows how to finish the job.

Back to your review. It kinda sounds as Ana played the same as her 2 first matches at YEC. Great first set, but after that it was just working.

I hope Ana's match goes easier today. Srebotnik is a nice opponent for Ana's game.
Although Kata seems in a good form now.

AJDE ANA!!!!

1. Ana Ivanovic

2. Maria Kirilenko
3. Anastasija Sevastova
DAVAJ MKirilenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 06:04 PM   #42
country flag Dexter
Team WTAworld

Ana's MP was on the Sport News on the National Polish TV! Considering they hardly ever show tennis in the news except during GSs, that's shocking! Ana is a real star then, I guess.
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 06:15 PM   #43
country flag daniela86

daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing Ana ! Such a fight and comeback should boost her confidence ! Good luck against Kata now
Bencic~~Voegele~~Jankovic~~Zvonareva~~Karolina and Krystina Pliskova ~~Giorgi
daniela86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 08:21 PM   #44
country flag Rod the Bama

Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future Rod the Bama has a brilliant future

Tougher match than expected for Ana, but i`m glad that she showed some toughness in getting the win.

Rod`s Angels: Caroline, Ana, Flavia, Dani, Ula and Sabine

Rod the Bama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 08:24 PM   #45
country flag kirilenko_ishot

kirilenko_ishot is a glorious beacon of light kirilenko_ishot is a glorious beacon of light kirilenko_ishot is a glorious beacon of light kirilenko_ishot is a glorious beacon of light kirilenko_ishot is a glorious beacon of light kirilenko_ishot is a glorious beacon of light kirilenko_ishot is a glorious beacon of light kirilenko_ishot is a glorious beacon of light kirilenko_ishot is a glorious beacon of light kirilenko_ishot is a glorious beacon of light kirilenko_ishot is a glorious beacon of light

it was a brilliant match, first time i got to see ana live
when she was down 5-2, 0-30 on her serve in the final set, pretty much everyone in the stadium had written her off
it was an amazing comeback to win 7-5, it shows her fighting spirit. even when most people thought she had no chance, she was still fist pumping and genuinely believed that she would always win the game
The serbian fans helped ana a lot- their yelling and cheering during razzano's serve really put her off and she served a few doubles
i'll try and go again during the week
kirilenko_ishot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote