Mikalien vs. Prakusya Match report - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 04:01 AM   #1
Vanity
Team WTAworld

Vanity is an unknown quantity at this point Vanity is an unknown quantity at this point
Mikalien vs. Prakusya Match report

I would just like to thank the lovely poster Cynicole for writing up this match report for us. Here it is...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The stadium was nearly empty when Wynne and MGM appeared. The weather was sunny and hardly any wind (which would change later). The players have these black, metal benches to sit on at courtside...which they have to put towels on to sit on with any sort of comfort.

MGM plays a power game...big serves and big groundies and no net game whatsoever. Contrast this with Wynne who plays with little power and was pretty comfortable up at net.

Anyway, the match started out messy for MGM. In the first set, the only game that MGM won was a love game for MGM - great serves, 2 aces. But most of the time she was making too many unforced errors...and she wasn't really returning that well.

At the end of the 1st set, MGM took a bathroom break.

She held her first service game of the 2nd set with two aces. Wynne held for 1-1. Then Wynne had a couple of break points in MGM's next service game...but MGM saved them. Wynne doublefaulted twice and had a messy unforced error in the next game to help MGM gain a break. Then MGM served great again to hold for 4-1.

Wynne broke MGM at love (MGM really gave it to her) to get back on serve. But MGM broke back and then held to win the set.

Wynne raced to a 4-0 lead in the 3rd - a combination of good play from her and lousy unforced errors by MGM. Then MGM broke her for 4-1 and then held. Wynne held her own service game.

MGM saved 2 MPs on her own serve to stay in for 5-3.

In the final game, MGM had a breakpoint...but ended up shanking it into the net. Then there was this awesome shot where Wynne converted all of MGM's power into her own and blasted a winner past her to gain another matchpoint.

At matchpoint, MGM hit the netcord and the ball landed on MGM's side.

Game, Set, Match, Wynne Prakusya.
Vanity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 09:38 AM   #2
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute
oh, sounds like a nasty match.
I'm rather disappointed; I expected MGM to blast past prakusya. maybe she has to diversify (sp?) her game a bit.
Beat is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2002, 04:46 PM   #3
Vanity
Team WTAworld

Vanity is an unknown quantity at this point Vanity is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, from what Nicole told me about this match, it pretty much confirmed what I expected. She needs a real coach, and a fitness trainer. Nicole also told me her first serve was excellent when she got it going. She just needs to improve the other parts of her game.

Credit to Wynne though... sounds like she played very well. It's hard when someone is having a good day. Plus, Wynne had 2 wins from qualifying going into this, so she's had more matches. Hopefully Marie will find her form at San Diego!
Vanity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2002, 06:45 PM   #4
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute
Seems like the typical kind of match you don't wanna see as a fan!

Zamboni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote