Gold Coast Wednesday Report - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 12:55 AM   #1
country flag Alicia Rocks
Team WTAworld

Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute
Gold Coast Wednesday Report

DAY SESSION

After a fairly long bus journey a couple of friends and I finally arrived at Royal Pines - to again very windy condition. Well wasn't so bad on Centre Court because the stands, cover and resort block it

Shahar Peer v Julia Schruff

Well it was clear from the start Julia was quite sick and looked very lathargic. Shahar didn't have to do anything special - but her groundies were nice as usual and footwork/defence was still very good. Her second serve however is still a liability and Schruff had a couple of return winners.

Dinara Safina v Flavia Pennetta

Probably the best match of the day - and before we get into it I must say Dinara is looking amazingly fit, much better than when I last saw her. This match was pretty much who hit the least errors. Amazing hard hitting rallies and lots of screaming going on In the end Dinara's fight pulled her through (after her choke at 5-3 40-15) and seemed determined - seems she loves playing at the Gold Coast Flavia was getting down on herself and probably could have won if she had Dinara's attitude. But at least it seems she's on her way back to Top 25-20.

Patty Schnyder v Francesca Schiavone

The highlight of the match was listening to Franny's many different grunts . Patty played pathetic in the first set and was practically shanking every single backhand. Franny was playing very well in the opening set however and was creaming her backhand most of the match - definatly her biggest weapon. Patty however picked up her game and never really looked like she was going to lose. She cracked a racket when she was up 4-2 in the 2nd and received a code violation . Rainer was in attendence and Patty had to tell him to shoosh up at one stage in the first set She never got warned however.

Nathalie Dechy v Amelie Mauresmo

Wasn't the most interesting match and I didn't see much of it, Nathalie has a real nice double handed backhand but pushed it long a bit too much. Amelie became way too defensive on her match points, but I'm sure with more matches she will continue to improve. Nathalie was in a awful mood and had a go at the umpire and linesman near the end of the match and didn't shake the umpires hand at the end. (Waved her racket at her instead )

Safina/Szavay v Petrova/Vesnina

Lots of fun - Dinara and Agi were really enjoying themselves and played well as a team in the gale force winds . Petrova/Vesnina were having fun also but Nadia wasn't playing well at all. Ironic moment in the second when Agi smashed a volley into Nadia's face - with many apologies from Agi... at least Nadia handled herself better than Liezel

Monique Adamczak v Na Li

Nothing much to say - Na just in a much different league than Monique and was absolutely creaming the ball However I believe if Monique plays a smart schedule Top 100 is definatly reachable.

Night Session

Nicole Vaidisova v Tatjana Malek

Nicole just too good - serving well, groundstrokes solid and even had some nice touch at the net and some dropshots . Tatjana has a nice game (awesome forehand) but needs to improve her serve and really shouldn't slice her backhand so much! Funny moment when a massive bird came under the shade cloth and Nicole absolutely shat herself

Dominika Cibulkova v Tathiana Garbin

Was a great match with longggggggggggggg rallies. Dominika hits such a clean hard ball very nice to watch, but she puts so much effort into the ball and was cramping in the second set from the amount of running she had to do Does need to improve her serve however... but I can definatly see Top 20-15 potential if she is healthy. Received a code violation for taking to long between points though. Tathiana typical italian but not much weapons and Cibulkova just outlasted her in the end.

Side notes:

- Jess Moore was sitting with Rainer and Patty whilst watching Dinara v Flavia
- Agnes suits Fila perfectly
- Yan and Zheng practice wayyyyyyyy too much
- Vesnina frustrated at the weather "Gooooooo away raiiiiiiiiiiiiin!" during rain delay in her doubs match.

Olivia Rogowska ~ Na Li ~ Agnes Szavay ~ Casey Dellacqua ~ Jessica Moore ~ Sophie Ferguson ~ Kateryna Bondarenko ~ Monika Wejnert ~ Isabella Holland ~ Jarmila Groth ~ Flavia Pennetta ~ Caroline Wozniacki ~ Olga Savchuk ~ Tzvetana Pironkova ~ Sorana Cirstea ~ Samantha Stosur ~ Arantxa Rus ~ Andrea Hlavackova ~ Sally Peers ~ Laura Robson
Alicia Rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 01:03 AM   #2
country flag switz

switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Gold Coast Wednesday Report

why the hell was Jessica Moore sitting with Patty and Rainer. Surely Rainer is coaching her now
switz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 01:29 AM   #3
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

And when I was at the tournament yesterday I spotted Rainer speaking to Julia Goerges, but they both speak German though so

Great report Craig
While I was watching the Cibulkova-Garbin match did you hear her entourage yelling out to her "Forza Tathi Forza" I was sitting right in front of them & it was quite annoying at times
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:44 AM   #4
Team WTAworld

Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg017 View Post
And when I was at the tournament yesterday I spotted Rainer speaking to Julia Goerges, but they both speak German though so

Great report Craig
While I was watching the Cibulkova-Garbin match did you hear her entourage yelling out to her "Forza Tathi Forza" I was sitting right in front of them & it was quite annoying at times
Yes - not as bad as Kostanic-Tosic's coach last Aus Open... "AJMO AJMO AJMO!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111"

Olivia Rogowska ~ Na Li ~ Agnes Szavay ~ Casey Dellacqua ~ Jessica Moore ~ Sophie Ferguson ~ Kateryna Bondarenko ~ Monika Wejnert ~ Isabella Holland ~ Jarmila Groth ~ Flavia Pennetta ~ Caroline Wozniacki ~ Olga Savchuk ~ Tzvetana Pironkova ~ Sorana Cirstea ~ Samantha Stosur ~ Arantxa Rus ~ Andrea Hlavackova ~ Sally Peers ~ Laura Robson
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:55 AM   #5
country flag Mcawen

Mcawen is a name known to all Mcawen is a name known to all Mcawen is a name known to all Mcawen is a name known to all Mcawen is a name known to all Mcawen is a name known to all Mcawen is a name known to all Mcawen is a name known to all Mcawen is a name known to all Mcawen is a name known to all Mcawen is a name known to all

Interesting...Feels like I were watching the games too.
And oh Amanda...Isn't she hot?
Mcawen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 05:50 AM   #6
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Nice report.

She & Him @ Melkweg "The Max", Amsterdam 6th May 2010
DutchieGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:07 AM   #7
country flag Mateo Mathieu
Aliasholic

Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute

@ Vesnina.

I do that all the time

♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎

Mateo Mathieu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:57 AM   #8
country flag justine schnyder

justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Alicia Rocks!

Lena V

Why the hell smash a racket when your'e 4-2 up?

Official Trainer of the Jelena Clinic

http://i52.tinypic.com/2zxmlab.png
justine schnyder is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:59 AM   #9
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Rocks View Post
Yes - not as bad as Kostanic-Tosic's coach last Aus Open... "AJMO AJMO AJMO!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111"
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:39 AM   #10
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by justine schnyder View Post
Thanks Alicia Rocks!

Lena V

Why the hell smash a racket when your'e 4-2 up?
Who knows - she seemed like she was in a foul mood most of the match But the handshake was nice and Patty was very happy afterwards...

Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:39 AM   #11
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexSydney View Post
@ Vesnina.

I do that all the time
Haha the weather has been awful all week up here - thank god for the indoor centre court, they would be so far behind if there wasn't

Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 08:01 AM   #12
country flag justine schnyder

justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Rocks View Post
Who knows - she seemed like she was in a foul mood most of the match But the handshake was nice and Patty was very happy afterwards...

Thanks!

Official Trainer of the Jelena Clinic

http://i52.tinypic.com/2zxmlab.png
justine schnyder is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote