The JJ Forum Random Muttering Thread - Totally Off Topic! - Page 324 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 8th, 2008, 03:18 PM   #4846
country flag Optima
- - - - - - - - -

Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The JJ Forum Random Muttering Thread - Totally Off Topic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsonja View Post
I used to watch Passions. I think that show actually killed brain cells.
OMG, I LOVED THIS!

God, Gwen was SUCH A BITCH

Wanted to strangle her. Teresa and Ethan FOREVER!
Advertisement

Old Jul 8th, 2008, 03:54 PM   #4847
country flag Brena

Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute

The thing is - I can't get mad at Tipsy, no matter what he says... and besides, Maria and Ana DO bash the ball ''like a truck on steroids'' I love that formulation But otherwise, I don't agree .- I prefer women's tennis to men's exactly because men rely too much on strenght. And that's also the reason why I don't like Maria and Ana, because their game reminds me of men's.

By Harold Pinter&Brena

''Man up or go home.''

''Who cares? Hahahahahaha!''
Brena is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 04:31 PM   #4848
country flag Wrekin

Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold

I've just been reading a new thread about Janko on GM that's growing fast, and I come back here and find it's here again too.

This is the latest nugget:

Quote:
"Agassi was my idol, but he really disappointed me when he married Steffi." Asked to comment on Kournikova: "She isn't all that beautiful, it's just the other female players are just so ugly. I've never seen at least pretty tennis player, except Sabatini."
"I know there are some homosexual male players, but I try not to have any contact with them. And as for women, I know Mauresmo is a pervert."
I have to say that when I read this I bust into involuntary laughter. It's like a parody of a parody of a chauvinist. It's so awful you couldn’t make it up.

I can't imagine even the most unreconstructed male in western Europe coming out with stuff like this.

Is Serbian society stuck in the Dark Ages?
Wrekin is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 04:44 PM   #4849
country flag Tashi

Tashi is a splendid one to behold Tashi is a splendid one to behold Tashi is a splendid one to behold Tashi is a splendid one to behold Tashi is a splendid one to behold Tashi is a splendid one to behold Tashi is a splendid one to behold Tashi is a splendid one to behold Tashi is a splendid one to behold Tashi is a splendid one to behold Tashi is a splendid one to behold

Oh I got into Passions and Days of our Lives one summer when I had absolutely nothing to do. I've never watched it again.

Tipsy. I agree with the "truck on steroids" comment. That's why I dislike watching WS, Maria, and Puppy. Everything else he's said is a little .
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 04:54 PM   #4850
country flag redsonja

redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashi View Post
Tipsy. I agree with the "truck on steroids" comment. That's why I dislike watching WS, Maria, and Puppy. Everything else he's said is a little .
Ah Tipsy. So hot, and yet...

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to extrapolate his quotes to the whole of Serbian society, though.
redsonja is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 05:04 PM   #4851
дalex

дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute

I'm shocked with the latest quote ! Someone posted that in GM saying Janko said it long time ago. I'd like to see the source for that one, though.
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 05:12 PM   #4852
country flag Wrekin

Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to extrapolate his quotes to the whole of Serbian society, though.

Well certainly not the whole of it, and it was a little tongue in cheek.

But I did briefly wonder if someone would say something like that to the press if it was completely out of step with the people (i.e. other males) around him - unless he's pretty dim .

EDIT
Mind you, I've just thought of Gimelstob's latest adventures, so I take it all back

Last edited by Wrekin : Jul 8th, 2008 at 05:18 PM.
Wrekin is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 05:31 PM   #4853
country flag Bruno71

Bruno71 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalex View Post
I'm shocked with the latest quote ! Someone posted that in GM saying Janko said it long time ago. I'd like to see the source for that one, though.
Yeah, I definitely would like to know a source (it seems to be suggested he said this around 2001 or so when he started on the tour). Because if that were a basically true reflection of what he said, that would be a dealbreaker for me.
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 05:37 PM   #4854
country flag Tashi

Tashi is a splendid one to behold Tashi is a splendid one to behold Tashi is a splendid one to behold Tashi is a splendid one to behold Tashi is a splendid one to behold Tashi is a splendid one to behold Tashi is a splendid one to behold Tashi is a splendid one to behold Tashi is a splendid one to behold Tashi is a splendid one to behold Tashi is a splendid one to behold

Dealbreaker for me aswell. I mean, he'd still be nice to look at but no longer would I root for him. Those comments are just .
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 07:56 PM   #4855
country flag Brena

Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute

Well, Tipsy ahs always been a little bonkers, but this is really...well, unreal. This sounds crazier than Damir Dokic, Yuri Sharapov, Richard Williams and Mary Pierce's dad wrapped into one.
Ken - about the Serbian society's attitude towards women - actually, I've no idea what it is. I'm a little spoilt, coming from Belgrade and an upper middle-class family, so I've never had a chance to encounter any chauvinism of that kind. I myself am definitly not a feminist...I absolutely admire strong women (and men) who make their own rules, but I don't think there are any Serbian women I admire...in today's Serbia, if you want to be successful it doesn't matter if you're a man of a woman, only if you are or not crooked enough...so, ahrdly any role models there...
So, I think Tipsy is just an eccentric, but he might get beaten up (by a girl) for having said this. If i were him, I'd avoid night-clubs for a while.

By Harold Pinter&Brena

''Man up or go home.''

Old Jul 8th, 2008, 08:03 PM   #4856
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

ARF! Bimbo Belgrade....my kinda town!

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 08:12 PM   #4857
country flag iheartjelenaj

iheartjelenaj has a brilliant future iheartjelenaj has a brilliant future iheartjelenaj has a brilliant future iheartjelenaj has a brilliant future iheartjelenaj has a brilliant future iheartjelenaj has a brilliant future iheartjelenaj has a brilliant future iheartjelenaj has a brilliant future iheartjelenaj has a brilliant future iheartjelenaj has a brilliant future iheartjelenaj has a brilliant future

Someone posted this link, but it's in Serbian so I don't know if the translated stuff on GM are correct.

http://www.b92.net/zivot/licni_prost...?nav_id=306659

This is such a head-shaker. I can't believe Tipsarevic would say that. That just goes to show ya how much I don't know what these players are like.

On a sidenote, @ Christina/redsonja, did you get your username from the 1985 movie w/Arnold Schwarzenegger and Brigitte Nielsen? B/c I just read about some new 2010 remake of Red Sonja and I thought of your username. I didn't even know there was a movie named that, haha!

"My water comes straight from the tap and those bottles are all just for show."
iheartjelenaj is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 08:16 PM   #4858
country flag redsonja

redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartjelenaj View Post
On a sidenote, @ Christina/redsonja, did you get your username from the 1985 movie w/Arnold Schwarzenegger and Brigitte Nielsen? B/c I just read about some new 2010 remake of Red Sonja and I thought of your username. I didn't even know there was a movie named that, haha!
No, I didn't know either until after I started using it. Actually, "RedSonja" is what my host father nicknamed me when I was boarding away from home to train for skating. The "red" is for my hair () and the "Sonja" is Sonja Henie.
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 08:18 PM   #4859
country flag Brena

Quote:
No, I didn't know either until after I started using it. Actually, "RedSonja" is what my host father nicknamed me when I was boarding away from home to train for skating. The "red" is for my hair () and the "Sonja" is Sonja Henie.

I don't believe it, I thought you just liked trash movies. (I sure do! )

By Harold Pinter&Brena

''Man up or go home.''

Old Jul 8th, 2008, 08:23 PM   #4860
country flag redsonja

Quote:
Originally Posted by privalova View Post
I don't believe it, I thought you just liked trash movies. (I sure do! )
Honest to God, I have never seen it.

(He also liked to call me Cinderella sometimes when he thought it was perfectly reasonable to ask the boarder to do his errands/housework, e.g., "Let's send Cinderella here out to get us some snacks." )
Closed Thread