I will umpire my first professional tournament! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 4th, 2008, 07:23 AM   #31
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I will umpire my first professional tournament!

Ohh how do u becoome and umpire? and linesperson etc etc?
azza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 4th, 2008, 07:33 AM   #32
country flag dinu

dinu is a name known to all dinu is a name known to all dinu is a name known to all dinu is a name known to all dinu is a name known to all dinu is a name known to all dinu is a name known to all dinu is a name known to all dinu is a name known to all dinu is a name known to all dinu is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeяonimo View Post
Hope you can do a flawless work
I was evaluated good by the referee and he said me that player is really unfair.
dinu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 07:37 AM   #33
country flag dinu

dinu is a name known to all dinu is a name known to all dinu is a name known to all dinu is a name known to all dinu is a name known to all dinu is a name known to all dinu is a name known to all dinu is a name known to all dinu is a name known to all dinu is a name known to all dinu is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by azza View Post
Ohh how do u becoome and umpire? and linesperson etc etc?
I passed umpires exam last year and with that exam I can work as the chair umpire or linesman. I will attend referees course when I collect 200 matches in he chair, and I umpired 70.
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 07:48 AM   #34
country flag dya74

dya74 is a name known to all dya74 is a name known to all dya74 is a name known to all dya74 is a name known to all dya74 is a name known to all dya74 is a name known to all dya74 is a name known to all dya74 is a name known to all dya74 is a name known to all dya74 is a name known to all dya74 is a name known to all

han good luck for the next 130 matches and collect only good evaluations!
dya74 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 07:55 AM   #35
country flag dinu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dya74 View Post
han good luck for the next 130 matches and collect only good evaluations!
thanks. I was tight during the first matches I umpired and I wanted the match would be finished quickly. I don't care for match duration now.
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 07:59 AM   #36
country flag dya74

dya74 is a name known to all dya74 is a name known to all dya74 is a name known to all dya74 is a name known to all dya74 is a name known to all dya74 is a name known to all dya74 is a name known to all dya74 is a name known to all dya74 is a name known to all dya74 is a name known to all dya74 is a name known to all

Ehi, as a fan ( you’re the umpire, right?) I wanna see very long matches!
dya74 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 08:04 AM   #37
country flag dinu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dya74 View Post
Ehi, as a fan ( you’re the umpire, right?) I wanna see very long matches!
I don't care now if I have to stay 3 hours or just 1 hour. I umpired 4 matches in a day nad was in the chair 7 hours.
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 08:09 AM   #38
country flag TatiNovic

TatiNovic has a brilliant future TatiNovic has a brilliant future TatiNovic has a brilliant future TatiNovic has a brilliant future TatiNovic has a brilliant future TatiNovic has a brilliant future TatiNovic has a brilliant future TatiNovic has a brilliant future TatiNovic has a brilliant future TatiNovic has a brilliant future TatiNovic has a brilliant future

Congrats
good luck
TatiNovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 02:22 PM   #39
country flag dinu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFS View Post
An advice, don't write on a forum your opinions about officials and supervisors. You never know who is reading it

Good luck anyway for your tournament
I don't put my real name in public. and none knows me in the ITF. They can't do anything bad to me becase I'm just national umpire and not ITF official.
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 02:28 PM   #40
country flag dinu

I umpired 3 days in a row at the national championships U14. I was 7 hours in the chair yesterday but just 2 hours today. I will be a linesman for the final tomorrow. A father of a player insulted to my mate complained about some calls and She is bronze badge chair umpire. Poor people should become the umpires because you get food, drinks and money.
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 02:29 PM   #41
country flag Shoulderpova
Team WTAworld

Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute

dinu, congrats and i think you must have been enjoying your job very much
which subject i need to study to become an umpire or a linesman? Did you have to graduate from a university or you just needed to attend some specific courses? Iam really confused.
Shoulderpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 02:47 PM   #42
country flag dinu

Quote:
Originally Posted by away View Post
dinu, congrats and i think you must have been enjoying your job very much
which subject i need to study to become an umpire or a linesman? Did you have to graduate from a university or you just needed to attend some specific courses? Iam really confused.
You don't need any studies for that. You just have to finish umpires course in 3 days and pass an exam. You must be at least 16 years old to attend umpires course. In Croatia you have no practical part of exam but
somewhere you have.
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 02:48 PM   #43
country flag AIRJORDANRETURNS

AIRJORDANRETURNS is just really nice AIRJORDANRETURNS is just really nice AIRJORDANRETURNS is just really nice AIRJORDANRETURNS is just really nice AIRJORDANRETURNS is just really nice AIRJORDANRETURNS is just really nice AIRJORDANRETURNS is just really nice AIRJORDANRETURNS is just really nice AIRJORDANRETURNS is just really nice AIRJORDANRETURNS is just really nice AIRJORDANRETURNS is just really nice
Question Re: I will umpire my first professional tournament!

dinu are umpires allowed to have affairs with tennis players?
AIRJORDANRETURNS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 02:53 PM   #44
country flag dinu

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJmayoMVP View Post
dinu are umpires allowed to have affairs with tennis players?
If you have any relation with a player (coach, relative, family members, etc.) you must declare it to the national association or the ITF and you may not umpire to that player in the chair or line. You must declare if you work for the company with comercial interest in tennis you must declare too. THe umpires know players because many of umpires are players or former players so IF you drink a coffee with a player thats not forbidden.
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 02:57 PM   #45
country flag AIRJORDANRETURNS

AIRJORDANRETURNS is just really nice AIRJORDANRETURNS is just really nice AIRJORDANRETURNS is just really nice AIRJORDANRETURNS is just really nice AIRJORDANRETURNS is just really nice AIRJORDANRETURNS is just really nice AIRJORDANRETURNS is just really nice AIRJORDANRETURNS is just really nice AIRJORDANRETURNS is just really nice AIRJORDANRETURNS is just really nice AIRJORDANRETURNS is just really nice
Talking Re: I will umpire my first professional tournament!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu View Post
If you have any relation with a player (coach, relative, family members, etc.) you must declare it to the national association or the ITF. You must declare if you work for the company with comercial interest in tennis you must declare too. THe umpires know players because many of umpires are players or former players so IF you drink a coffee with a player thats not forbidden.
very intvusting
AIRJORDANRETURNS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote