Aravane in Australia - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 4th, 2008, 08:57 AM   #16
country flag stefi62

stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aravane in Australia

Allez Aravane!!!

The semis should be shown this week end on French tv, that's so cool!!!

Chanelle Scheepers - Abigail Spears - Vladka Uhlirova - Mervana Jugic-Salkic - Francesca Schiavone -Tsvetana Pironkova - Lisa Raymond - Sophie Lefèvre...
stefi62 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 4th, 2008, 09:13 AM   #17
country flag améliemomo

améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute

in which channel please?

4/01/2008 08:02
Tennis - WTA - Auckland - Rezaï en finale

En 2007, Aravane Rezaï (Photo archives L'Equipe) avait dû attendre huit tournois et trois mois avant de gagner un match sur le circuit majeur WTA. En 2008, il lui aura fallu moins d'une semaine pour égaler sa meilleure performance de l'année précédente. Victorieuse (6-3, 7-5) vendredi de sa demi-finale contre la Néo-Zélandaise Marina Erakovic, la Française disputera la finale du tournoi d'Auckland contre l'Américaine Lindsay Davenport, qui a éliminé (6-4, 6-3) l'Autrichienne Tamira Paszek (n°6).

«Bien sûr, je respecte (Davenport) et elle joue bien. Mais je n'ai rien à perdre», a promis Aravane Rezaï après sa demi-finale. Multipliant les coups gagnants face à une jeune adversaire très maladroite sur son engagement (40% de premier service), ce qui a permis à la Française de la breaker quatre fois, il semble effectivement que la 90e mondiale joue plus libérée cette saison. Rien ne dit cependant que cela sufffira face à Davenport, qui a passé 10 aces à Paszek. L'ancienne n°1 mondiale, 72e aujourd'hui, est impériale depuis son retour de grossesse avec deux trophées et une demi-finale en 2007, et donc cette finale qui lui permettra au minimum de poursuivre sa remontée au classement. (Avec AFP)

Actual Gourou of the "New French Armada"

my blog about french tennis future with the young french guns cominghttp://sheenatennis.canalblog.com/
améliemomo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 09:28 AM   #18
country flag stefi62

stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by améliemomo View Post
in which channel please?
On the new channel from Numericable: Ma Chaine Sport! They showed almost all matches from the Hopman cup this week, and said this week end, they'll show the final of Hopman cup, the semis from Auckland and the final of Gold Coast!

Chanelle Scheepers - Abigail Spears - Vladka Uhlirova - Mervana Jugic-Salkic - Francesca Schiavone -Tsvetana Pironkova - Lisa Raymond - Sophie Lefèvre...
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 11:38 AM   #19
country flag Cyril S.

Cyril S. is just really nice Cyril S. is just really nice Cyril S. is just really nice Cyril S. is just really nice Cyril S. is just really nice Cyril S. is just really nice Cyril S. is just really nice Cyril S. is just really nice Cyril S. is just really nice Cyril S. is just really nice Cyril S. is just really nice

Congratulations Aravane!
Good luck for the final!
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 12:00 PM   #20
country flag améliemomo

améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefi62 View Post
On the new channel from Numericable: Ma Chaine Sport! They showed almost all matches from the Hopman cup this week, and said this week end, they'll show the final of Hopman cup, the semis from Auckland and the final of Gold Coast!
I dont have this channel

thanks for the info,perhaps someone can record it...

my blog about french tennis future with the young french guns cominghttp://sheenatennis.canalblog.com/
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 12:41 PM   #21
country flag améliemomo

from the Auckland web site:

Rezai Ready For Match Of Her Life

Black will be back - not Cara Black but the stunning outfit worn by France’s Aravene Rezai in yesterday’s semifinal win over Kiwi wildcard Marina Erakovic.

“I will be wearing black again tomorrow,” said Rezai as she looked ahead to today’s final with ASB Classic marquee player Lindsay Davenport. “Today it was great. I’m in New Zealand why not wear black?

I was playing well. Not as good as yesterday [when she ousted third seed Katarina Srebotnik on Thursday] when every ball I hit was in.”

Rezai is under no illusion of the enormity of the task confronting her in the Sovereign Singles final but she is not letting that faze her.

I respect every player,” she said. “Lindsay Davenport was No 1. I’m not scared about that. It will be better to play her than Marina Erakovic.” A reference to the crowd support behind the New Zealander yesterday.

I don’t really have a tactic. I just want to play.”

Rezai, the last-but-one player to get direct entry into the singles draw, has yet to drop a set. Her closet battle was with two-time ASB Classic winner Eleni Daniilidou which she won 7-5 6-4.

She said she is not thinking about her only previous WTA final in which she was forced to retire. Her focus solely on today’s game and the chance to go stroke-for-stroke with one of the greats.

“The people here are very relaxed. They are cool.”

Davenport, who has dropped just one set en route to today’s showdown — the second set against fifth seed Anabel Medina Garrigues — admitted she was going to spend some time watching yesterday’s second semifinal.

“I will probably give it more attention than usual as I haven’t seen either of them [Rezai and Erakovic] play,” said Davenport.

She left the media conference giving the gathered journalists the feeling she was not, however, overly concerned.

hopefully the "All black Aravane" will prevail tomorrow

Old Jan 4th, 2008, 03:04 PM   #22
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck in the final,Aravane!!!!

What time is the final (european time) ?
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 04:43 PM   #23
country flag stefi62

On that channel, which will show the semis tonight (right now that's Davenport-Paszek, then it's Aravane), they said they'll show the final tonight live at 1am Paris time!

I think I'll love that channel!

Of course, I upload as soon as possible if you want to see it.

Old Jan 4th, 2008, 04:52 PM   #24
country flag the doctor

the doctor is a splendid one to behold the doctor is a splendid one to behold the doctor is a splendid one to behold the doctor is a splendid one to behold the doctor is a splendid one to behold the doctor is a splendid one to behold the doctor is a splendid one to behold the doctor is a splendid one to behold the doctor is a splendid one to behold the doctor is a splendid one to behold the doctor is a splendid one to behold

Congrats Aravane!
Good luck for the next match

FITD:2008 Memphis Champion
Suicide Tennis:Finalist: Miami 2008
Champion Berlin 2008
the doctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 06:32 PM   #25
country flag stefi62

During the match, Aravane complained a lot about the crowd. She told the umpire that people were yelling "Double fault!" before all her second serves, which annoyed her a lot!

Old Jan 4th, 2008, 10:10 PM   #26
country flag améliemomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefi62 View Post
On that channel, which will show the semis tonight (right now that's Davenport-Paszek, then it's Aravane), they said they'll show the final tonight live at 1am Paris time!

I think I'll love that channel!

Of course, I upload as soon as possible if you want to see it.
yes would be great

Old Jan 5th, 2008, 12:19 AM   #27
Demska
Miss Resilient

Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute

Aravane lost 62 62

her serve was bad and couldn't do any damage on lindsays serve.

none the less, amazing week, lets hope she get wins some rounds in AO!!
Demska is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2008, 08:22 AM   #28
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

I would also like that you upload the match Stefi when have time to do so as I could not watch it...

Aravane but final is not a bad result
Old Jan 5th, 2008, 09:32 AM   #29
country flag améliemomo

yes it was too difficult for aravane to be consistent enough against such a quality and experienced player as lindsay davenport.

she can be proud of her cause she beat better ranked players and play some very good tennis.

Wish her a good draw at AO.

Old Jan 5th, 2008, 10:57 AM   #30
country flag FrenchY52

FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratz Aravane for your great run
Good luck @ the AO..