Vladimira Uhlirova - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 6th, 2008, 09:49 PM   #46
country flag Yellow Moon

Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of Yellow Moon has much to be proud of
Re: Vladimira Uhlirova

quite a few 3-set matches in this dblz draw. Also it seems the teams got re-shuffled . Could be Fed Cup effect from last week .
Yellow Moon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 7th, 2008, 04:01 AM   #47
country flag Alicia Rocks
Team WTAworld

Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute

Vladka/Eva Nice chance at a final as well...

Olivia Rogowska ~ Na Li ~ Agnes Szavay ~ Casey Dellacqua ~ Jessica Moore ~ Sophie Ferguson ~ Kateryna Bondarenko ~ Monika Wejnert ~ Isabella Holland ~ Jarmila Groth ~ Flavia Pennetta ~ Caroline Wozniacki ~ Olga Savchuk ~ Tzvetana Pironkova ~ Sorana Cirstea ~ Samantha Stosur ~ Arantxa Rus ~ Andrea Hlavackova ~ Sally Peers ~ Laura Robson
Alicia Rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 08:55 AM   #48
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Vladka has her own cheer thread!

Vladka thanked me for cheering for her in Auckland when she & Laura played the Bitchianova sisters. Unfortunately, I had to leave after a couple of days, so didn't see her other matches there. (stupid work) But I talked to her a bit in the players lounge too, and as Craig said, she was always waving, and cheerful, saying hi in Melbourne (isn't he lucky that I was there, otherwise she wouldn't know who the hell he was).

She & Him @ Melkweg "The Max", Amsterdam 6th May 2010
DutchieGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 08:57 AM   #49
country flag stefi62

stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute

Well guys, so I could attend both matches.

1. Vladka and Eva vs Fedak and Ditty
Good start of the match, but the other team, especially Fedak, played really well, shooting a lot from the baseline very strong in the center, as she did with Cara and Liezel. The set point was won on a no ad point if i recall well. Eva was not playing as well as two days before, I mean she could not shoot as many groundstrokes from the baseline on returns, mostly because serves were almost all closer to the T than to the exterior. and Vladka at the net did not seem to have the same hands than before, but really Fedak hit strong and very accurately.
Second set, Vladka and Eva played very wisely, aggressively, really as a team, accomplices, that was nice to watch. I'll show you vids whenever possible, i hope they'll stay together, i'll try to ask them today;
Super Tie break quite close, and I got scared cos Fedak found back her strategy to shoot strong in the middle, but Vladka and Eva found the strength in the hands to handle it, and won it quite esasily in the end.
at then end of the match, they jumped in the arms the one of the others, and Vladka immediately turned to my friends and I and showed us with the finger, as if to say "that's for you too!", cos we had been cheering a lot for the whole match. From the bench, they still looked at us, and sent us kisses and hellos; Before leaving the court, Vladka turned to us and talked in French "Guys, we won because of you!!!" which was not totally true, but well, that was nice from her. I met her another few times after that yesterday, and they gave me lots of smiles each time! Really nice girls! They also had a clinic with kids, and Vladka was so funny, she directed it all, the organizers were all stuned! She is so
oh, another thing, their number one fan was .... Kookie! She stayed the whole match, and cheered for the girls;

2. Jugic Salkic and Navratilova
Crazy match, full of strange events, but Medina and Janette did not seem at their best, while mervana and Gabriela had great hands and played wisely from the second set; 2 match points saved by Mervana and Gabriella, and they won on the third one. But as much as I appreciate Mervana, I doubt they can challenge Vladka and Eva, mostly because the latter are a team, the former aren't. I mean you see on court and off court that Vladka and Eva get along very well, while for Mervana and Gabriella, you barely see them together off court, and on court, they sometimes seem to reproach the other one for any mistake.

So here it is, tomorrow, I'll root for Vladka! I'll let you know what happens then!

Chanelle Scheepers - Abigail Spears - Vladka Uhlirova - Mervana Jugic-Salkic - Francesca Schiavone -Tsvetana Pironkova - Lisa Raymond - Sophie Lefèvre...

Last edited by stefi62 : Feb 7th, 2008 at 09:07 AM.
stefi62 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 09:02 AM   #50
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the report Stefi. Yeah, Klara was training with Vladka in Melbourne, and was at her first round doubles match. It seems the Czech girls mostly get on well, coz alot of them were at Iveta's 2nd round quallies there too!

Old Feb 7th, 2008, 03:00 PM   #51
country flag jelena_jankovic

jelena_jankovic is a splendid one to behold jelena_jankovic is a splendid one to behold jelena_jankovic is a splendid one to behold jelena_jankovic is a splendid one to behold jelena_jankovic is a splendid one to behold jelena_jankovic is a splendid one to behold jelena_jankovic is a splendid one to behold jelena_jankovic is a splendid one to behold jelena_jankovic is a splendid one to behold jelena_jankovic is a splendid one to behold jelena_jankovic is a splendid one to behold

Great report! Thank you Stefi! I hope you can cheer them to the final!!!
jelena_jankovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 09:53 PM   #52
country flag stefi62

stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey,

I saw them again, I could attend a full training session (more than one hour!). That was so funny! Got a few funny moments on tape. At the end, they came to us and talked a bit. So now officially we can call her Vladka! I said hello from Sarah and Craig and she seemed disappointed you guys were not there!

I am ready for tomorrow!

Chanelle Scheepers - Abigail Spears - Vladka Uhlirova - Mervana Jugic-Salkic - Francesca Schiavone -Tsvetana Pironkova - Lisa Raymond - Sophie Lefèvre...
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 10:36 PM   #53
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefi62 View Post
Hey,

I saw them again, I could attend a full training session (more than one hour!). That was so funny! Got a few funny moments on tape. At the end, they came to us and talked a bit. So now officially we can call her Vladka! I said hello from Sarah and Craig and she seemed disappointed you guys were not there!

I am ready for tomorrow!
I didn't ask if I can call her Vladka, I just did. I'm so used to writing it now, that I even forgot her name's actually Vladimira..
Oh, one funny story: in Hobart 07 when they went to give me my pass, they actually gave it to me and it had "Vladka Uhlirova" on it. That was before I had ever spoken to her - must have been a good omen.

Old Feb 7th, 2008, 10:46 PM   #54
country flag stefi62

She told us Vladka was the way her parents called her, not really Vladimira!

Old Feb 7th, 2008, 11:35 PM   #55
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

Quote:
She told us Vladka was the way her parents called her, not really Vladimira!
I think most Czech families do that when their kids have longer names. Well, most families around the world I suppose.

Old Feb 8th, 2008, 09:49 PM   #56
country flag stefi62

The girls won quite easily today 7-5 / 6-1. Not a brilliant match, but they did what they had to do. Ready for the final on Sunday! The girls were so happy with the victory!

Old Feb 8th, 2008, 09:56 PM   #57
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

Final will be tough against the Bondarenko sisters. Hope they can win!

Old Feb 8th, 2008, 10:22 PM   #58
country flag jelena_jankovic

jelena_jankovic is a splendid one to behold jelena_jankovic is a splendid one to behold jelena_jankovic is a splendid one to behold jelena_jankovic is a splendid one to behold jelena_jankovic is a splendid one to behold jelena_jankovic is a splendid one to behold jelena_jankovic is a splendid one to behold jelena_jankovic is a splendid one to behold jelena_jankovic is a splendid one to behold jelena_jankovic is a splendid one to behold jelena_jankovic is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The girls won quite easily today 7-5 / 6-1. Not a brilliant match, but they did what they had to do. Ready for the final on Sunday! The girls were so happy with the victory!
Wow great! So VLadka defends all her points from last year!!!
Hopefully Eva is not too nervous in the final, because she has very little WTA experience...
Anyway a great tournament and nothing to lose in the final
jelena_jankovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2008, 10:40 PM   #59
country flag stefi62

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelena_jankovic View Post
Wow great! So VLadka defends all her points from last year!!!
Hopefully Eva is not too nervous in the final, because she has very little WTA experience...
Anyway a great tournament and nothing to lose in the final
Eva has been very solid during the whole tournament, and Vladka is a great help for her, she really acts as a very good teammate! That's nice to watch, really! Videos as soon as possible, I try to put it on youtube tomorrow!

Old Feb 9th, 2008, 02:43 AM   #60
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

Hey Stefi, ask Vladka to please think about playing at Rosmalen for me.