Sydney 2008 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 20th, 2007, 02:24 PM   #1
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Sydney 2008

Anna plays on despite burglary

Article from:
Heading for Sydney ... world No. 6 Anna Chakvetadze

By Nikki Tugwell
December 21, 2007 12:00am

ORGANISERS of the Medibank International say shaken-up Russian world No. 6 Anna Chakvetadze intends travelling to Sydney in the next fortnight, despite her harrowing ordeal in which she and her family were tied up and burgled.
The US Open semi-finalist and her family were bound, threatened and robbed of $234,000 by six hooded thieves in the early hours of Wednesday morning in Moscow.
The attractive 20-year-old escaped unharmed but her father was beaten and struck in the head by a pistol butt.
Medibank International tournament director Craig Watson confirmed she was still coming to Sydney in the next two weeks, and will help promote the event.
"Absolutely she is coming," Watson said.
"She would obviously be shaken up but if she is unharmed, I can't see that it would alter her plans.
"The only communication I've had with her management (which was before the incident) is to see whether she'd do the draw for us, and they've come back and said she would be happy to do that. But nobody has been in contact with me to say, 'no she isn't coming to Australia'."
Chakvetadze has enjoyed a breakthrough year on the WTA circuit and has won $1.75 million.
A quarter-finalist at the 2007 Australian and French Open, she made her professional debut at the age of 14 and has won six tournaments in total.
Her father Jamal appeared on Russian TV showing bruises on his scalp, cheek and forehead.
It was the latest in a series of violent crimes against high-profile sports figures in Russia and other former Soviet republics.
Former world top 10 player Andrei Chesnokov was seriously wounded in a shooting in the eastern Ukrainian city of Dnipropetrovsk in November 2005.
Police released a statement claiming: "Five to six unknown people wearing masks climbed over the fence of the country house at about 4am Moscow time, then broke into the house and tied her parents up. They took money and valuables worth some five million roubles ($234,000)."
Watson was also confident world No. 8 Richard Gasquet will compete at the Medibank International. The Frenchman withdrew from the Adelaide International on Wednesday due to a knee injury.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 20th, 2007, 02:45 PM   #2
country flag BestShooterEver

BestShooterEver is a name known to all BestShooterEver is a name known to all BestShooterEver is a name known to all BestShooterEver is a name known to all BestShooterEver is a name known to all BestShooterEver is a name known to all BestShooterEver is a name known to all BestShooterEver is a name known to all BestShooterEver is a name known to all BestShooterEver is a name known to all BestShooterEver is a name known to all
Re: Sydney 2008

Thats good to see! She is going to be hugely popular now more than ever before
BestShooterEver is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2007, 02:49 PM   #3
country flag GeorgianFan

GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute

Davai Chak

Who Dares Wins
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
GeorgianFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2007, 09:56 PM   #4
country flag PMRD44

PMRD44 is a glorious beacon of light PMRD44 is a glorious beacon of light PMRD44 is a glorious beacon of light PMRD44 is a glorious beacon of light PMRD44 is a glorious beacon of light PMRD44 is a glorious beacon of light PMRD44 is a glorious beacon of light PMRD44 is a glorious beacon of light PMRD44 is a glorious beacon of light PMRD44 is a glorious beacon of light PMRD44 is a glorious beacon of light

I'm not sure it's responsible to assume that she's playing because they have not heard that she is not. This has probably been the last thing on her mind the last few days and she should feel no pressure to fulfill any previous commitments. Anna should just worry about doing what she feels comfortable with, which may or may not be coming back immediately. The tournament should wait to hear from Anna or her management.
PMRD44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2007, 10:18 PM   #5
country flag SIN DIOS NI LEY

SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute SIN DIOS NI LEY has a reputation beyond repute

We will see . If she plays in HK , then she should play at Sydney
SIN DIOS NI LEY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2007, 10:58 PM   #6

BestShooterEver is a name known to all BestShooterEver is a name known to all BestShooterEver is a name known to all BestShooterEver is a name known to all BestShooterEver is a name known to all BestShooterEver is a name known to all BestShooterEver is a name known to all BestShooterEver is a name known to all BestShooterEver is a name known to all BestShooterEver is a name known to all BestShooterEver is a name known to all

I think she'll play, just a GUT feeling.
Old Dec 20th, 2007, 11:15 PM   #7
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

If she needs an extra month off, that's not a problem.
But I don't think this will keep Anna from practicing. I expect her to be practicing tomorrow.

Old Dec 20th, 2007, 11:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
If she needs an extra month off, that's not a problem.
But I don't think this will keep Anna from practicing. I expect her to be practicing tomorrow.
I agree

btw i used gold hairspray today
Old Dec 21st, 2007, 12:05 AM   #9
country flag fOxYLiCiOuS

fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute fOxYLiCiOuS has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Anna

fOxYLiCiOuS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2007, 05:40 PM   #10
country flag Gdog

Gdog is a glorious beacon of light Gdog is a glorious beacon of light Gdog is a glorious beacon of light Gdog is a glorious beacon of light Gdog is a glorious beacon of light Gdog is a glorious beacon of light Gdog is a glorious beacon of light Gdog is a glorious beacon of light Gdog is a glorious beacon of light Gdog is a glorious beacon of light Gdog is a glorious beacon of light

Hopefully she will play as this will help take her mind off of the horrible event at least for awhile. As someone stated above though, Anna needs to do whatever is right for Anna now. Whatever she decides I'm behind her 100%.

**Retired Favorites**
Monica Seles - Martina Hingis
Gdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 09:48 PM   #11
country flag Pink Princess
I'M AN IMPORTANT PRINCESS!!!

Pink Princess has a reputation beyond repute Pink Princess has a reputation beyond repute Pink Princess has a reputation beyond repute Pink Princess has a reputation beyond repute Pink Princess has a reputation beyond repute Pink Princess has a reputation beyond repute Pink Princess has a reputation beyond repute Pink Princess has a reputation beyond repute Pink Princess has a reputation beyond repute Pink Princess has a reputation beyond repute Pink Princess has a reputation beyond repute

Princess ANNA CHAKVETADZE

Begins the year and the season 2008 in Sydney.

GL Anna
{{{Princess Anna Chakvetadze}}}{{{Princess Alla Kudryavtseva}}}{{{Princess Nadejda Guskova}}}{{{Princess Danielle Konotoptseva}}}{{{Princess Sofiya Kovalets}}}{{{Princess Aleksandra Zenovka}}}{{{Princess Josie Kuhlman}}}{{{Princess Kristyna Rouckova}}}
Pink Princess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 10:00 PM   #12
country flag GeorgianFan

GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute GeorgianFan has a reputation beyond repute

Udachi

Who Dares Wins
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
GeorgianFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 10:13 PM   #13
country flag goldenlox

Tougher field than Hobart last year. One match at a time.

Old Jan 5th, 2008, 04:35 AM   #14
country flag TennisPlayingFox

TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute TennisPlayingFox has a reputation beyond repute

Here is Anna's part of the draw

Ivanovic - Bye
Pratt - Razzano
Bammer - Petrova
Srebotnik - Chakvetadze

Not too bad. Srebotnik is tough but Anna should win and then Nadia or Bammer who could trouble her but she should get through. Good luck Anna!
Peng-Petrova-Sharapova-Clijsters-Hantuchova-Craybas-Dulko-Gronefeld-Fujiwara-Srebotnik--Kirilenko-Chakvetadze-Pironkova-Laine-Hingis-Camerin-Parmentier-Schnyder-Voskoboeva-Medina Garrigues-Makarova-Cirstea-Cornet-Jankovic-Zvonareva-Rodina-Coin-Groth-Safarova-Dokic-McHale-Begu-Panova-Falconi-Dolonts-Soler Espinosa
TennisPlayingFox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2008, 11:50 AM   #15
country flag goldenlox

There's no easy section in this draw.