Mallory Burdette - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 13th, 2012, 12:05 AM   #1
country flag swim4life227

swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute
Mallory Burdette

I didn't see a thread for her but I figured I would. She's on TC right now playing Marion Bartoli in the 2nd round of the Bank of the West Classic. She's currently up 4-2 and seems to have a nice game.
swim4life227 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 13th, 2012, 06:52 AM   #2
country flag NYKiriFan

NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Mallory Burdette

Mallory's top college highlight:

Some articles from today's match:
http://www.paloaltoonline.com/news/s...y.php?id=26095
http://www.mercurynews.com/peninsula...artoli-off-mat

Last edited by NYKiriFan : Jul 14th, 2012 at 01:46 AM. Reason: fixed youtube link
NYKiriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 01:33 PM   #3
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Mal has a nice run going this summer, winning 15 of 16 games since her lost to Marion Bartoli 7-5, 6-0 at Stanford and in doing so, has won two tournaments:
Women's Hospital Tennis Classic in Evansville, Indiana - $10k
10th Annual Odlum Brown Vancouver Open in British Columbia, Canada - $100k
Her goal this summer was to score enough points to get a ranking. Mal not only has established a ranking, but she's climbed all the way to #245. I believe she is also currently the highest ranking collegiate player.

Last edited by tie_breaker : Nov 17th, 2012 at 08:47 PM.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 11:00 PM   #4
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Mallory
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 12:37 AM   #5
country flag NYKiriFan

NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light

Mallory draws Timea Bacsinszky in 1R of US Open, and then Hradecka- (27) Garrigues winner. Would likely play Sharapova in 3R if she pulls it off.

Last edited by NYKiriFan : Aug 25th, 2012 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Totally misread draw sheet
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 12:40 AM   #6
country flag NYKiriFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
Mal not only has established a ranking, but she's climbed all the way to #245. I believe she is also currently the highest ranking collegiate player.
Yup, but Gibbs now has passed with her 80 points for 2R at New Haven.
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 02:02 AM   #7

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully this match will be televised on a show court as I've never seen her play live before...

GL Mallory!
Old Aug 26th, 2012, 09:53 PM   #8
country flag NYKiriFan

And in the doubles draw, Nicole & Mallory get another unseeded wild card team, some team of sisters that I heard won a couple titles on grass this year.
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 11:31 PM   #9
country flag NYKiriFan

Hooray Mallory! Wins 4 & 3 in 1R.

(source: http://instagram.com/p/O2ZIMBHcOz/ )
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 09:55 PM   #10
country flag erschloy214

erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all

Good luck in R2!!
erschloy214 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #11
country flag erschloy214

erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all

Mallory is into R3 over Hradecka! Good job!
erschloy214 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 04:48 AM   #12

That's a big win over an in form player Hopefully I'll get to see her next match live... GL
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #13
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYKiriFan View Post
Yup, but Gibbs now has passed with her 80 points for 2R at New Haven.
Not for long...lol!
Mal, currently at #252 (has just added 160 points to her current total of 230 points and is projected to reach #157 based on making it to R3

If she does the impossible and beats Maria, she'll add 280 points and will pass Lauren Davis for a ranking of #136. Amazing considering that this is only her 5th tournament on the tour. Mal has won 90% of her matches this year (18-2) and has 2 of her last 4 tournaments.

I don't think Nicole can pick-up 146 points over her next 2 challenger events (Redding +50, Albuquerque +110), unless she wins them both
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 01:41 PM   #14
country flag NYKiriFan

Right. How's Stanford going to manage #1 & #2 singles this year with these two? At #2 you have to have either
-- reigning NCAA singles champ, this summer: 2 top 100 wins, 1 ITF title, 2 WTA main draw wins
-- reigning NCAA singles runner-up, this summer: 2 top 100 wins, 2 ITF titles, 3 WTA main draw wins
Only at Stanford I guess.
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 02:06 AM   #15

Mallory is playing the Q's in Linz, Austria this weekend. She takes on Kristyna Pliskova in the 1st rd... GL!