Kiwi Cheering Thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 13th, 2007, 04:09 AM   #1
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwi Cheering Thread

This thread was designed with the pure and simple task of making you turn into crazy kiwi fans.....

.....you've been warned

New Zealanders playing here

Marina Erakovic

Singles: versus Ellen Barry Round One
Doubles: versus Jones/Rolle Round One

Sacha Jones

Singles: versus (1) Vera Zvonareva Round One
Doubles: versus Erakovic/Krajicek Round One

Ellen Barry - Versus Marina Erakovic Round One Maindraw
Shona Lee - Lost in Qualifying Round One
Kairangi Vano - Lost in Qualifying Round One

Last edited by kittyking : Dec 30th, 2007 at 01:12 AM.
kittyking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 13th, 2007, 04:31 AM   #2
country flag etf

etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold
Re: Kiwi Cheering Thread

I do think that Ellen, Shona, Dianne and Kairangi are likely to be the qualifying wildcards if Leanne is still injured. If Ellen is given a MD WC then there is no other New Zealander good enough to give out the other QD WC to. As Sacha is still chasing a QD WC for the Australian Open perhaps they may in turn give the third MD WC to an Australian.

Katherine Westbury ~ Emily Fanning ~ Dianne Hollands
etf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2007, 07:01 AM   #3
country flag Mana

Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute

If Leanne is injury free she will play doubles with Nicole Kriz. Dont hold youre breath tho
Old Dec 13th, 2007, 08:16 AM   #4
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by etf View Post
I do think that Ellen, Shona, Dianne and Kairangi are likely to be the qualifying wildcards if Leanne is still injured. If Ellen is given a MD WC then there is no other New Zealander good enough to give out the other QD WC to. As Sacha is still chasing a QD WC for the Australian Open perhaps they may in turn give the third MD WC to an Australian.
On the latest ASB Classic podcast Richard Palmer says "If the maindraw wildcard is handed to me it will most likely go to Ellen Barry".
There is still a chance that Kairangi will get it though, because she has been playing on the NZ tour and is planning on playing a number of Itf tournaments this year (has a sponsor and was awarded a grant too).
I'm pretty certain that Shona and Dianne will both get Qualification wildcards, the only way they wouldn't is if they were injured.
I have a feeling that Abby Hedges is eyeing up the last quali wildcard - although her chances are slim of recieving it....mind you if Leanne is injured who knows.

Tennis Australia is being very tightlipped this year about who is or isn't getting quali wildcards into the Aussie Open - far more than in past years. This gives me a slight bit of hope that maybe they are still trying to work out some sort of deal to secure Sacha a spot in the Quali draw. I would be perfectly happy if we gave a MD WC to an Australian (someone like Casey Dellacqua who may just miss out) in exchange for a Quali WC to Sacha for the Aussie Open.
Old Dec 13th, 2007, 08:17 PM   #5
country flag Rowan

Rowan is just really nice Rowan is just really nice Rowan is just really nice Rowan is just really nice Rowan is just really nice Rowan is just really nice Rowan is just really nice Rowan is just really nice Rowan is just really nice Rowan is just really nice Rowan is just really nice

Could someone please tell me how Di Hollands' career has been going lately? I remember listening to her on the ASB Classic podcasts last year and she seemed really cool. I'd be interested to know what kind of year she had in 2007.
Old Dec 13th, 2007, 08:50 PM   #6
country flag etf

etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
Could someone please tell me how Di Hollands' career has been going lately? I remember listening to her on the ASB Classic podcasts last year and she seemed really cool. I'd be interested to know what kind of year she had in 2007.
Below is Dianne's results for the year. Her WTA ranking is now 712. I have not heard anything as to whether she has been injured or not and I believe she is based in or near Bad Saugau in Germany.

31-Dec-06 Auckland Qualifying New Zealand Hard (O) lost round of 32
25-Feb-07 $10,000 Wellington New Zealand Hard (O) lost round of QF
4-Mar-07 $10,000 Hamilton New Zealand Hard (O) lost round of SF
13-May-07 $10,000 Caserta Italy Hard (O) lost round of 16
20-May-07 $10,000 Vienna Qualifying Draw Austria Hard (O) lost round of 16
27-May-07 $10,000 Stare Splavy Czech Rep Clay (O) lost round of 16
15-Jul-07 $10,000 Garching Germany Clay (O) lost round of 16
22-Jul-07 $10,000 Horb Qualifying Draw Germany Clay (O) lost round of 32
29-Jul-07 $25,000 Bad Saugau Germany Clay (O) lost round of 16
5-Aug-07 $25,000 Hechingen Qualifying Draw Germany Clay (O) lost round of QF
12-Aug-07 $10,000 Bielefeld Germany Clay (O) lost round of 16
14-Oct-07 $10,000 Settimo San Pietro Italy Clay (O) lost round of 32
21-Oct-07 $10,000 Augusta-Siracusa Italy Clay (O) lost round of 32
4-Nov-07 $25,000 Ismaning Qualifying Draw Germany Carpet (O) lost round of 32
9-Dec-07 $25,000 Valasske Mezirici Czech Rep Hard (O) lost round of 32

Katherine Westbury ~ Emily Fanning ~ Dianne Hollands
etf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2007, 08:57 PM   #7
country flag Europe rocks

Europe rocks has a reputation beyond repute Europe rocks has a reputation beyond repute Europe rocks has a reputation beyond repute Europe rocks has a reputation beyond repute Europe rocks has a reputation beyond repute Europe rocks has a reputation beyond repute Europe rocks has a reputation beyond repute Europe rocks has a reputation beyond repute Europe rocks has a reputation beyond repute Europe rocks has a reputation beyond repute Europe rocks has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to the Kiwis
Europe rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2007, 09:08 PM   #8
country flag Rowan

Rowan is just really nice Rowan is just really nice Rowan is just really nice Rowan is just really nice Rowan is just really nice Rowan is just really nice Rowan is just really nice Rowan is just really nice Rowan is just really nice Rowan is just really nice Rowan is just really nice

Hey, thanks a lot etf. Doesn't look like it was a big breakthrough year for Dianne, but it's got to be cool playing tennis in Italy and Germany and stuff. Good for her. I hope she gets a qualifying wildcard for the Classic.
Old Dec 13th, 2007, 11:17 PM   #9
country flag kittyking

I met Di at the Fed Cup Asian Group and occasionally email her.
Her biggest problems are that her 2nd serve is very unaccurate, her speed around the court is pretty bad, her eyesight sometimes going a bit wonky and her shot selection is pretty poor at times.
Saying that I'm sure that she would have worked hard on them this year and here's hoping for her breaking into the top 500 next year
Old Dec 16th, 2007, 12:14 AM   #10
country flag kittyking

According to a recent article - http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/536641/1505671 Leanne Baker is likely to play in doubles, and I pressume singles too
Old Dec 22nd, 2007, 03:12 AM   #11
country flag kittyking

Ellen Barry is odds-on to be presented with a wildcard into the main draw of this month's ASB Tennis Classic.

Promising teenager Ellen Barry is odds-on to be presented with a wildcard into the main draw of this month's ASB Tennis Classic.

The tournament's final wildcard for top fifty players has yet to be asked for, with the deadline now only six days away. Classic tournament director Richard Palmer says when the deadline passes he will invite Barry into the main draw.

Palmer says Barry has expressed her interest and she will play in qualifying if the final wildcard is not snapped up. Palmer says most of the players arrive for the tournament on Christmas eve, making it a very busy time of year.

Old Dec 26th, 2007, 09:15 AM   #12
country flag kittyking

Gold/Silver Wildcard has been confirmed as going to Ellen Barry.
Old Dec 29th, 2007, 01:56 AM   #13
country flag kittyking

New Zealand players at ASB Classic (all in top eighth)

(1)Vera Zvonareva(RUS) v (WC)Sacha Jones(NZL)
Sofia Arvidson(SWE) v Qualifier

(WC)Marina Erakovic(NZL) v (WC)Ellen Barry(NZL)
Ashley Harkleroad(USA) v (8)Emilie Loit(FRA)
Old Dec 30th, 2007, 01:14 AM   #14
country flag kittyking

Updated post 1