Moderation Turning into a Police State? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 23rd, 2014, 10:30 AM   #1
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Moderation Turning into a Police State?

So I posted the "check her blood pressure" gif in Reehanna's recent results thread. I know we aren't supposed to bring other players in, but this is a) a gif and doesn't mention anyone, b) is completely relevant because they actually did check her freaking blood pressure, and c) I can't count the amount of times I have seen Scone's "so disrespectful" and other similar gifs in threads that don't involve her. Nevertheless, that post mysteriously disappeared. I know moderators are doing their best and trying to avoid fighting. However, when posts don't involve anything offensive it seems a bit nuts that they just disappear in seconds because they could cause conflict. Furthermore, a gif like that is a joke and humorous, so I really find that the mods are overstepping their boundaries to go in and delete that. Anyhow, if posters want to argue (as long as they don't use personal insults/offensive language etc.), why are the mods trying to stop that from happening? I absolutely believe the mods are doing their best and I have all the respect for them, but can we get some consensus/discussion on whether the GM "moderating" (AKA post deleting) is getting a bit out of control????
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 23rd, 2014, 10:55 AM   #2
country flag John.
Glow

John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Moderation Turning into a Police State?

I deleted that post as it was inappropriate given that they did actually have to check her blood pressure. We don't know what is wrong with Serena, and I felt it to be inappropriate.

I also posted in the thread that I found the gif to be inappropriate on this occasion and asked posters to refrain from posting it.
John. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2014, 10:59 AM   #3
Serenita

Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute

There where posters gloating that Serena became ill. No wonder they shut the Thread down. And also if you pay attention you can see that there are some Pova fans that go into any opponent thread ( Aga/ Halep /Serena ect)
Just to announce to the world how great Pova is. Instead of discussing the match, they are discussing how great she is on Gravel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech1 View Post
"Jesus take the wheel"
Serenita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2014, 11:04 AM   #4
country flag duhcity
unattractive on the inside

duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute

I try my best to edit posts rather than delete them. However, it's not always possible, especially since I don't want to put my words into someone else's post.

I appreciate any feedback you have on the moderating style in GM, but I'll be honest that the Cornet-Serena result thread is probably not the best jumping off point for that discussion.

instargram
duhcity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2014, 04:05 PM   #5
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I'm not trying to refer specifically to that thread, but the amount of times I've seen my posts just disappear, which is very frustrating. I'd definitely rather edited ones than deleted ones .

Regarding the gif, wouldn't the fact that they actually did check her blood pressure make it relevant instead of inappropriate to the thread context? I know she was actually ill, but people should be able to have some sense of humor about it. I didn't read closely enough to see you requested not to put it…
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2014, 04:24 PM   #6
country flag Balltossovic
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to know why the same clean up that happened in Serena's thread, didn't happen yesterday in Ana's thread where her injury and retirement was celebrated

We'll Always Have 08

Ana~*~Vika~*~Aga~*~Sveta~*~Andrea~*~Petra
Balltossovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2014, 04:40 PM   #7
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGOAT View Post
Yeah I'm not trying to refer specifically to that thread, but the amount of times I've seen my posts just disappear, which is very frustrating. I'd definitely rather edited ones than deleted ones .

Regarding the gif, wouldn't the fact that they actually did check her blood pressure make it relevant instead of inappropriate to the thread context? I know she was actually ill, but people should be able to have some sense of humor about it.
Of course, that's a great example of humor. You gave me such a great idea. So, when I'm done strangling cats and making fun of homeless people, I'll make sure to find some time to make fun of someone's health problems, sounds like fun. It's really incredible to see how insensitive some of you are. Online bullies.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2014, 05:22 PM   #8
country flag PushingtoHeaven

PushingtoHeaven is a splendid one to behold PushingtoHeaven is a splendid one to behold PushingtoHeaven is a splendid one to behold PushingtoHeaven is a splendid one to behold PushingtoHeaven is a splendid one to behold PushingtoHeaven is a splendid one to behold PushingtoHeaven is a splendid one to behold PushingtoHeaven is a splendid one to behold PushingtoHeaven is a splendid one to behold PushingtoHeaven is a splendid one to behold PushingtoHeaven is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Regarding the gif, wouldn't the fact that they actually did check her blood pressure make it relevant instead of inappropriate to the thread context? I know she was actually ill, but people should be able to have some sense of humor about it. I didn't read closely enough to see you requested not to put it…
This case is a classic case of M.K. Ultra mind control. Serena shows all the signs...Patrick Mouratoglou is Serena Williams handler and the Williams family must step in and sever all ties to him before the deprogramming can begin before it's too late.
PushingtoHeaven is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2014, 05:26 PM   #9
country flag John.
Glow

John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I disagree. A player being ill on court is not something to laugh about.

And it's all about the context. Just using this as an example, but when Vika collapsed on court due to extreme heat, if posters had used fainting gifs to show they had a sense of humour or to make light of the situation , would you have found that appropriate behaviour?
John. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2014, 05:59 PM   #10
country flag James
Kookie Supporter

James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balltossovic View Post
I would like to know why the same clean up that happened in Serena's thread, didn't happen yesterday in Ana's thread where her injury and retirement was celebrated
A massive cleanup like this occurs, when a thread has a large number of reports in a short time. That did not happen for the Ana thread. Naturally any report for a thread is handled, so posts will be deleted if necessary.

My Sporcle quizzes: http://www.sporcle.com/games/James33...nament-winners
http://www.sporcle.com/games/James33/wta-nationalities

Enjoy playing quizzes and games at FunTrivia: http://www.funtrivia.com/?ref=James25

RIP ELENA BALTACHA
James is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2014, 06:10 PM   #11
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
A massive cleanup like this occurs, when a thread has a large number of reports in a short time. That did not happen for the Ana thread. Naturally any report for a thread is handled, so posts will be deleted if necessary.
Thanks, James

I'm thinking us Ana fans need to really become the oversensitive babies we are always accused of being.

We'll Always Have 08

Old Sep 23rd, 2014, 06:12 PM   #12
country flag James
Kookie Supporter

James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks, James

I'm thinking us Ana fans need to really become the oversensitive babies we are always accused of being.
One does not need to be oversensitive to report

Enjoy playing quizzes and games at FunTrivia: http://www.funtrivia.com/?ref=James25

RIP ELENA BALTACHA
Old Sep 23rd, 2014, 06:18 PM   #13
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
One does not need to be oversensitive to report
I know. But there are certain fan bases who are notorious for abusing the report button for every little thing. And they have power in numbers.

Sometimes it's just not worth it. And a large number of Ana fans have retired from GM, so it's only a few of us left

We'll Always Have 08

Old Sep 23rd, 2014, 06:19 PM   #14
country flag wolf79

wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future wolf79 has a brilliant future

Quote:
given that: the actual intend of deleting posts in a short time is appropiate to the amount of reports those comments receive, no matter if those comments could be considered worthy any treatment? am i getting that right or wrong?

dastarded by Darth Vika the Sith Princess of Unholy Fuckery

wolf79 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2014, 06:19 PM   #15
country flag James
Kookie Supporter

Quote:
I know. But there are certain fan bases who are notorious for abusing the report button for every little thing. And they have power in numbers.

Sometimes it's just not worth it. And a large number of Ana fans have retired from GM, so it's only a few of us left
Reporting a lot only helps if you make a legitimate complaint.

RIP ELENA BALTACHA