can Lindsay reach the Number1 raking? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 03:02 PM   #1
Saskatoon

Saskatoon is an unknown quantity at this point
can Lindsay reach the Number1 raking?

I don`t know if she can reach the number 1 ranking by the end of this year or not.after she wins the US~Open and probably a few indoor tournies like Zurich,Filderstadt and the other lesser tournaments,will she have enough points to go back to where she belongs,at the TOP of the ranking?
Saskatoon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 04:49 PM   #2
country flag Jericho

Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute
nope...shes defending 2637 points until the end of the year, which you might notice is the same number of her rankings points...the points she has to defend in her 9 tournaments throughout the year range from 140-434 points...just something to add to that...this year the tour champs are gonna be held one week later than last year, so her points are gonna be takien off a week earlier, which would cause her to fall momentarily below the top ten...

Jericho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 07:28 PM   #3
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute
yes, she can

GO MARTINA HINGIS!!!!!!!!
Myskina, kirilenko, chakvetadze. Douchevina, Petrova, Clijsters, Zvonareva, Dementieva, Vaidiosava, Voskoboeva, !!!!!

Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 07:50 PM   #4
gerhard

gerhard has disabled reputation
yes, she can - but not before next year

WELCOME BACK LINDSAY
Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 09:55 PM   #5
country flag Bright Red

Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of
A lot of things could happen, but as of now, i'd say no for several reasons.

1) She wasn't beating the Sisters before she was injured.
2) She's an older player and doesn't seem to be as hungry.
3) The Sisters are playing better than ever.

But,
3) The Sisters could go back to short tennis schedules
4) Lindsay's new slim and trim look could allow her to raise her performance.

I just don't see it happening, though.

~Venus and now Serena are the worst thing to ever happen to the crow~

Official POPLOCKER of the Royal Court
Bright Red is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 01:24 AM   #6
Informative

Informative is an unknown quantity at this point Informative is an unknown quantity at this point Informative is an unknown quantity at this point Informative is an unknown quantity at this point Informative is an unknown quantity at this point Informative is an unknown quantity at this point Informative is an unknown quantity at this point Informative is an unknown quantity at this point Informative is an unknown quantity at this point Informative is an unknown quantity at this point Informative is an unknown quantity at this point
Lindsay is not going to be #1 for a long time. Remember someone named Serena? Remember someone named Venus? Lindsay is 3-14 against them since 2000. She will have to go through both of them to get to the top spot and it's NOT going to happen either this year or the next, LOL. Gimme a break!
Informative is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 01:29 AM   #7
Kart

Kart is an unknown quantity at this point
Lindsay can get to no.1 and she doesn't really need to beat the sisters to do it. It won't be for a while though because she's defending loads until 2003.

Of course, if Serena carries on in the same vein no one (including Venus) is even going to get a look in at no.1 for a long, long time .
Kart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 03:46 AM   #8
arribamedina

arribamedina is a jewel in the rough arribamedina is a jewel in the rough arribamedina is a jewel in the rough arribamedina is a jewel in the rough arribamedina is a jewel in the rough arribamedina is a jewel in the rough arribamedina is a jewel in the rough arribamedina is a jewel in the rough arribamedina is a jewel in the rough arribamedina is a jewel in the rough arribamedina is a jewel in the rough
i don´t think so. she should defend many points. Also, Serena will be the one for a long time. I ignore what would happen on the next Us open, but we will probably see a new episode of Williams War, and Seles, Davenport and the other will be forced to see it again
arribamedina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 04:57 AM   #9
country flag earthcrystal

earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future
2001-07-23 Stanford 199 F II
2001-07-30 San Diego 140 SF II
2001-08-06 Los Angeles 341 WON II
2001-08-20 New Haven 187 F II
2001-08-27 U.S. Open 206 QF GS
2001-10-08 Filderstadt 401 WON II
2001-10-22 Linz 328 WON II
2001-10-15 Zurich 434 WON I
2001-10-29 Munich 401 F WTA

Not for awhile. But based on these results--certainly not impossible.

Sorry if these stats go all crooked, I don't know how to format them to behave!
earthcrystal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 05:01 AM   #10
o0O0o

o0O0o is an unknown quantity at this point o0O0o is an unknown quantity at this point o0O0o is an unknown quantity at this point o0O0o is an unknown quantity at this point o0O0o is an unknown quantity at this point o0O0o is an unknown quantity at this point o0O0o is an unknown quantity at this point o0O0o is an unknown quantity at this point o0O0o is an unknown quantity at this point o0O0o is an unknown quantity at this point o0O0o is an unknown quantity at this point
Serena or Venus would have little impact on Lindsay becoming #1. Remember, Hingis played like crap all of 2001 but showed you don't have to be the best at the time to get the top ranking. Numerically, it is very possible for Lindsay to become #1 again. However, I doubt she will become the best player on tour again, but I'd love to be proven wrong.
o0O0o is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote