where will the FEd Cup final be... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 02:26 AM   #1
monster

monster is a name known to all monster is a name known to all monster is a name known to all monster is a name known to all monster is a name known to all monster is a name known to all monster is a name known to all monster is a name known to all monster is a name known to all monster is a name known to all monster is a name known to all
where will the FEd Cup final be...

Slovakia, Spain, Italy or Austria?

Each nation has a good arguement to have it their.

Spain- Fed cup pwerhouse over the last decade- however, it hosted the finals last year

Austria- Tour in LINZ prev week, so easy for players

Slovakia- Tour 2 weeks before- but smaller nation (which I don't think is bad) but may play against them

Italy- On the other hand hasn't had an event recently- many venues to choose from- but maybe a lack of support?

It would be safe to say that it will def be indoors, Spain- prob Barcelona or Madrid, Slovakia Bratislava, Austria, Vienna, Linz or Salzburg, Italy- Anywhere form ROme to Madrid to perugia...

Any one else's thoughts?

When does the ITF announce/

If all teams were Full strength, who should win?
monster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 07:22 AM   #2
country flag MS

MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future
They will announce it before the end of August.

I hope it's in Spain, but this would really surprise me...
MS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 04:59 PM   #3
country flag Kris

Kris has much to be proud of Kris has much to be proud of Kris has much to be proud of Kris has much to be proud of Kris has much to be proud of Kris has much to be proud of Kris has much to be proud of Kris has much to be proud of Kris has much to be proud of Kris has much to be proud of Kris has much to be proud of
not again in spain!!!!

last year was in spain fed cup final should be in austria or slovakia
Kris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 07:31 PM   #4
country flag Lindsayfan

Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all
i've heard rumours about Genova,Italy
Lindsayfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 09:58 PM   #5
country flag franzit

franzit is just really nice franzit is just really nice franzit is just really nice franzit is just really nice franzit is just really nice franzit is just really nice franzit is just really nice franzit is just really nice franzit is just really nice franzit is just really nice franzit is just really nice
Yes,in Genoa (Italy...perhaps the same palacesport that hosted Euroindoor Athletics '92) or in Austria(Linz or Wien?)
franzit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 11:17 PM   #6
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute
monster, Madrid in Italy?

Final decision will be taken at the end of August and only Italy (with Genova as hosts) and Austria have applied for it.

I hope it's Italy who gets it as they would probably choose indoor clay as they simply can't beat the Slovaks on carpet.
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 02:11 AM   #7
Hikaru

Hikaru is just really nice Hikaru is just really nice Hikaru is just really nice Hikaru is just really nice Hikaru is just really nice Hikaru is just really nice Hikaru is just really nice Hikaru is just really nice Hikaru is just really nice Hikaru is just really nice Hikaru is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Lindsayfan
i've heard rumours about Genova,Italy
I thought it was Milano, but Genova ? Wherever is okay, if it's in Italy. Probably I'll go to cheer for Slovak team( sorry, not Italy... There isn't Tax, but there are Janette & Martina Sucha in Slovakia).

Hi,Lindsayfan !! Thanx in Palermo Now I'm in Tokyo and am back to Italy on 30.

To laugh oftern and much;
to win the respect of intelligent people and affection of children;
to earn the appriciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
to appriciate beauty;
to find the best in others;
to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;
to know even one life has breathed easier because you lived.
This is to have succeeded.
Hikaru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 02:39 AM   #8
monster

monster is a name known to all monster is a name known to all monster is a name known to all monster is a name known to all monster is a name known to all monster is a name known to all monster is a name known to all monster is a name known to all monster is a name known to all monster is a name known to all monster is a name known to all
I meant Milano- not Madrid- whoops
monster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 12:03 PM   #9
CJ1

CJ1 is just really nice CJ1 is just really nice CJ1 is just really nice CJ1 is just really nice CJ1 is just really nice CJ1 is just really nice CJ1 is just really nice CJ1 is just really nice CJ1 is just really nice CJ1 is just really nice CJ1 is just really nice
Over home many days are the semis and final held?

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Lodge/6496
CJ1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2002, 07:53 PM   #10
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute
Spanish federation wants to bring the finals to Gran Canaria on outdoor clay
Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 11:18 PM   #11
country flag anabel

anabel is a name known to all anabel is a name known to all anabel is a name known to all anabel is a name known to all anabel is a name known to all anabel is a name known to all anabel is a name known to all anabel is a name known to all anabel is a name known to all anabel is a name known to all anabel is a name known to all
OMG Canarias, Marta should play it

anabel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 11:59 AM   #12
country flag MS

MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future MS has a brilliant future
I also heard that of the Canary Islands, but it was also said last year, so I don't know.
MS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2002, 12:25 PM   #13
CJ1

CJ1 is just really nice CJ1 is just really nice CJ1 is just really nice CJ1 is just really nice CJ1 is just really nice CJ1 is just really nice CJ1 is just really nice CJ1 is just really nice CJ1 is just really nice CJ1 is just really nice CJ1 is just really nice
Any news on the venue for the semis/final yet, as I thought it was going to be announced in August?

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Lodge/6496
CJ1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2002, 08:28 AM   #14
country flag Cécile

Cécile is a jewel in the rough Cécile is a jewel in the rough Cécile is a jewel in the rough Cécile is a jewel in the rough Cécile is a jewel in the rough Cécile is a jewel in the rough Cécile is a jewel in the rough Cécile is a jewel in the rough Cécile is a jewel in the rough Cécile is a jewel in the rough Cécile is a jewel in the rough
They said they would announce it by the end of August. So I suppose it will be decided on the 31st!!!
Cécile is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 05:49 PM   #15
country flag spiceboy

THE FINALS WILL BE FINALLY HELD IN THE CANARY ISLANDS