Linzi wins 7-6 (6) in the 3rd set!:) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 10:24 PM   #1
Leo7

Leo7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Linzi wins 7-6 (6) in the 3rd set!:)

Linzi just beat Israel's Obziler 2-6, 6-1, 7-6 (6)! this win should do wonders for her confidence. she can come back from one set down and is match tough again. going into Stanford with 2 wins in Fed Cup over quality players is great news for Davenport!

Best of Luck To: Mary Pierce, Justine Henin, Monica Seles, Chanda Rubin, Kim Clijsters, Dinara Safina, Vera Zvonareva, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Haas, and Pat Rafter!
Leo7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 10:29 PM   #2
country flag Venus Forever
Team WTAworld

Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of
Actually it was 7-1 in the Tie-break!!

Good Luck: RENA, MATTEK, HAYNES, GULLICKSON, HARKLEROAD, RUBIN, GRANVILLE, LEE-WATERS, SCHNYDER, JACKSON, PERRY, KING, SUGIYAMA, PIERCE, TULYAGANOVA, IVANOVIC, KUZNETSOVA, MOLIK, DANIILIDOU, MEDINA GARRIGUES, PETROVA, PENNETTA, GOLOVIN, PEER, LI, SCHIAVONE, RAZZANO, ZVONAREVA, SPREM, SREBOTNIK, VINCI, & SAFINA
Venus Forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2002, 10:33 PM   #3
cmasters

cmasters has disabled reputation
Is Obziler a promising talent? I've never heard of her so I'm assuming that Lindz has a lot of work to do to get back to her old self but I think it's great that she was able to come back and win the match. Stanford will be tough and I just hope she is able to progress injury free. I don't think it matters at this point if she wins tournaments as long as she gets better each time out.
cmasters is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2002, 10:34 PM   #4
Vanity
Team WTAworld

Vanity is an unknown quantity at this point Vanity is an unknown quantity at this point
I think Obziler is like 29 years old... she had an injury last year but she never really was a major force. I'm surprised she gave Lindsay such a run for it!
Vanity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2002, 10:39 PM   #5
country flag Elleke

Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all Elleke is a name known to all
yeah what a great result for Obziler!!!

Elleke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2002, 10:41 PM   #6
country flag Monica_Rules

Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute
I think it shows that Lindsay isn't quite there yet but with a few more matches maybe she will be

Naomi Broady, Tara Moore, Heather Watson , Laura Robson

Johanna Konta, Eleanor Dean
, Sam Murray
Katy Dunne Katie Boulter
Monica_Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2002, 10:44 PM   #7
country flag Mark43

Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold
Great match mentally for Lindsay/Linzi!
I hope she comes back strong this upcoming week in CA as well. I wish i still lived in the bay area...I would get nose bleed tickets and sneak my ass down to the front row every chance I got..damn!
Mark43 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2002, 10:52 PM   #8
disposablehero

disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future
Strange that Obziler did better against both opponents than Smashnova.
Old Jul 21st, 2002, 11:00 PM   #9
country flag Venus Forever
Team WTAworld

Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of
Well, she gave Seles problems yesterday in the first set.

Obziler was actually serving for the match at 6-2 1-6 5-4!!

Good Luck: RENA, MATTEK, HAYNES, GULLICKSON, HARKLEROAD, RUBIN, GRANVILLE, LEE-WATERS, SCHNYDER, JACKSON, PERRY, KING, SUGIYAMA, PIERCE, TULYAGANOVA, IVANOVIC, KUZNETSOVA, MOLIK, DANIILIDOU, MEDINA GARRIGUES, PETROVA, PENNETTA, GOLOVIN, PEER, LI, SCHIAVONE, RAZZANO, ZVONAREVA, SPREM, SREBOTNIK, VINCI, & SAFINA
Venus Forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2002, 11:02 PM   #10
country flag ptkten

ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute
What???? That is extremely surprising. It tells me that Lindsay still has some work to do...

I remember last week in the Los Gatos finals, Ashley Harkleroad beat Tzipora 6-2, 6-2.

Oh well, I'm just glad that Lindsay is playing again, regardless of her form.

McHale-Stephens-Watson-Robson-Townsend

Brodsky-Muhammed-Hampton-Keys-Crawford-Andrews-Hardebeck
ptkten is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2002, 11:02 PM   #11
Dawn Marie

Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute
WOW! I am surprised I thought she would take this is two. Am I the only one who thinks this match can go either way when it comes to Lindsay's confidence? From this result she is still rusty, this bodes well for Venus and Seles.

But she won and that is what counts.
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. "Cree Native American Prophecy"
Dawn Marie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2002, 11:19 PM   #12
country flag Fingon

Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute Fingon has a reputation beyond repute
who is Linzi?
Fingon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 08:23 AM   #13
country flag Jakeev

Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute
Lindsay is my fav, but frankly, I expected her to the distance against Anna not Obziler.

Linds probably lived it a little more dangerously than she should have, in an othewise meaningless match. But yeah a tough match is good for her regardless who is on the other side of the net.
Jakeev is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 09:27 AM   #14
country flag Nimi
Team WTAworld

Nimi has disabled reputation
WOW TZIPI!!

good win Lindsay..
Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 09:37 AM   #15
elenabfan

elenabfan is just really nice elenabfan is just really nice elenabfan is just really nice elenabfan is just really nice elenabfan is just really nice elenabfan is just really nice elenabfan is just really nice elenabfan is just really nice elenabfan is just really nice elenabfan is just really nice elenabfan is just really nice
Great for Lindsay - good luck in Stanford!!!

http://members.fortunecity.com/elenab/baltachafans/