ULTIMATE QUESTION: Who is the Greatest Player of ALL Time!! - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Well?

Suzanne Lenglen 1 0.62%
Helen Wills Moody 2 1.23%
Maureen Connolly 2 1.23%
Margaret Court 12 7.41%
Billie Jean King 0 0%
Chris Evert 6 3.70%
Martina Navratilova 46 28.40%
Steffi Graf 71 43.83%
Monica Seles 15 9.26%
Other (Must Specify) 7 4.32%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 21st, 2007, 10:18 AM   #16
country flag rada

rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute rada has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ULTIMATE QUESTION: Who is the Greatest Player of ALL Time!!

and please Steffi couldn't win a GS when Monica was around

Good luck Jovana Jaksic, Sabine Lisick, and flavia pennetta

Monica Seles the real number one always
Good luck to all the Aussie girls Oi Oi Oi
rada is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 21st, 2007, 10:24 AM   #17
country flag yolis

yolis is a name known to all yolis is a name known to all yolis is a name known to all yolis is a name known to all yolis is a name known to all yolis is a name known to all yolis is a name known to all yolis is a name known to all yolis is a name known to all yolis is a name known to all yolis is a name known to all

Martina Navratilova for me...I think she is very strong person.... :!
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA DOMINIKA CIBULKOVA KRISTINA KUCOVA MARIA SHARAPOVA ANA IVANOVIC MARIA KIRILENKO KIM CLIJSTERS ANNA CHAKVETADZE NICOLE VAIDISOVA ELENA DEMENTIEVA TATIANA GOLOVIN JENNIFER CAPRIATI MARY PIERCE

Official Crooked Lawyer of the Maria Mafia
The Official Violin Player in Kirilenko's Orchestra

Pozdravujem Zuzku Zlochovú
yolis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 10:33 AM   #18
country flag Xander

Xander is a splendid one to behold Xander is a splendid one to behold Xander is a splendid one to behold Xander is a splendid one to behold Xander is a splendid one to behold Xander is a splendid one to behold Xander is a splendid one to behold Xander is a splendid one to behold Xander is a splendid one to behold Xander is a splendid one to behold Xander is a splendid one to behold

Martina Navratilova

Martina fans cheer up thread:

http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=322523

NOW PLAYING:

"Golovin's Travels"
"Along Came Na Li"
"Hotel Radwanska"
Xander is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 11:18 AM   #19
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Voted for Navratilova.
Matt01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 11:24 AM   #20
country flag lympyisthebest

lympyisthebest has a reputation beyond repute lympyisthebest has a reputation beyond repute lympyisthebest has a reputation beyond repute lympyisthebest has a reputation beyond repute lympyisthebest has a reputation beyond repute lympyisthebest has a reputation beyond repute lympyisthebest has a reputation beyond repute lympyisthebest has a reputation beyond repute lympyisthebest has a reputation beyond repute lympyisthebest has a reputation beyond repute lympyisthebest has a reputation beyond repute

Martina Navratilova
lympyisthebest is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 11:25 AM   #21
country flag Natalicious

Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute Natalicious has a reputation beyond repute

steffi
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 11:29 AM   #22
country flag Henpova

Henpova has much to be proud of Henpova has much to be proud of Henpova has much to be proud of Henpova has much to be proud of Henpova has much to be proud of Henpova has much to be proud of Henpova has much to be proud of Henpova has much to be proud of Henpova has much to be proud of Henpova has much to be proud of Henpova has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoV&Rena View Post
An inform Serena.
First of no no and no. I also love how you have to say INFORM or HEALTHY. Serena will never do what these woman have done.
JELENA JANKOVIC-SRB
HANTUCHOVA-SVK

"Congratulations Maria on winning the Career Grand Slam!!! "
Henpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 11:32 AM   #23
country flag Henpova

Henpova has much to be proud of Henpova has much to be proud of Henpova has much to be proud of Henpova has much to be proud of Henpova has much to be proud of Henpova has much to be proud of Henpova has much to be proud of Henpova has much to be proud of Henpova has much to be proud of Henpova has much to be proud of Henpova has much to be proud of

Martina Navratilova(best all around), Steffi Graf(best singles), Suzanne Lenglen(Made womens tennis what it is)
JELENA JANKOVIC-SRB
HANTUCHOVA-SVK

"Congratulations Maria on winning the Career Grand Slam!!! "
Henpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 11:33 AM   #24
country flag Kworb
Most Loved Member

Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute

Seles

SERENA WILLIAMS 64 75 AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA 61 57 60 LAUREN DAVIS 60 76
CAMILA GIORGI 46 63 75 BOJANA JOVANOVSKI 63 36 75 VENUS WILLIAMS 64 76
AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA 62 62 EKATERINA MAKAROVA 64 62 ANA IVANOVIC 63 64
Kworb is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 11:38 AM   #25
country flag the doctor

the doctor is a splendid one to behold the doctor is a splendid one to behold the doctor is a splendid one to behold the doctor is a splendid one to behold the doctor is a splendid one to behold the doctor is a splendid one to behold the doctor is a splendid one to behold the doctor is a splendid one to behold the doctor is a splendid one to behold the doctor is a splendid one to behold the doctor is a splendid one to behold

Martina Navratilova

FITD:2008 Memphis Champion
Suicide Tennis:Finalist: Miami 2008
Champion Berlin 2008
the doctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 11:40 AM   #26
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henpova View Post
First of no no and no. I also love how you have to say INFORM or HEALTHY. Serena will never do what these woman have done.
Psychic are you? Or just disrespectful of other people's opinions? Hmm...

Anyway...in case people hadn't figured it out, there is NO greatest player of all time. Only person bias and subjectivity can influence one to say that Steffi Graf is greater than Martina Navratilova and vice versa. And given the fact that alot of the people voting in this poll won't have even seen 3/4 of these people play makes it pretty null and void.

The fact that NO-ONE has seen Lenglen or Wills-Moody play a full match, and these are clearly two of the greatest of all time, makes it impossible in my view for us to ever come to a remotely acceptable conclusion as to who is the greatest player ever.
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 11:44 AM   #27
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henpova View Post
Suzanne Lenglen(Made womens tennis what it is)
Not really She certainly helped popularize women's tennis and no doubt is a major contributing factor in the development of women's tennis. But to say she made it what it is , is a sweeping statement to say the least. When Suzanne hung up her racquet the game of tennis was nothing remotely like it is now. And I don't think that being pioneer for a particular sport should really contribute when we are talking about who is the greatest tennis player.
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 11:45 AM   #28
country flag Ysabella

Ysabella is a glorious beacon of light Ysabella is a glorious beacon of light Ysabella is a glorious beacon of light Ysabella is a glorious beacon of light Ysabella is a glorious beacon of light Ysabella is a glorious beacon of light Ysabella is a glorious beacon of light Ysabella is a glorious beacon of light Ysabella is a glorious beacon of light Ysabella is a glorious beacon of light Ysabella is a glorious beacon of light

i voted for steffi
Ysabella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 12:51 PM   #29
country flag Sund7101

Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future

Picked Evert, model of consistancy and I love her two-handed backhand.

Honorable mention--Seles would have been the best player ever if not for the stabbing.

Pierce Seles Hingis Capriati Bartoli Davenport Kournikova Sugiyama Majoli Frazier
Sund7101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 01:31 PM   #30
country flag sonnys

sonnys has a brilliant future sonnys has a brilliant future sonnys has a brilliant future sonnys has a brilliant future sonnys has a brilliant future sonnys has a brilliant future sonnys has a brilliant future sonnys has a brilliant future sonnys has a brilliant future sonnys has a brilliant future sonnys has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rada View Post
I picked martina but we know all Monica would have been the greatest
I love you!!!