ULTIMATE QUESTION: Who is the Greatest Player of ALL Time!! - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Well?

Suzanne Lenglen 1 0.62%
Helen Wills Moody 2 1.23%
Maureen Connolly 2 1.23%
Margaret Court 12 7.41%
Billie Jean King 0 0%
Chris Evert 6 3.70%
Martina Navratilova 46 28.40%
Steffi Graf 71 43.83%
Monica Seles 15 9.26%
Other (Must Specify) 7 4.32%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 22nd, 2007, 01:49 PM   #61
country flag Anabelcroft

Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future
Re: ULTIMATE QUESTION: Who is the Greatest Player of ALL Time!!

steffi graf-singles navratilova-doubles
Anabelcroft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 22nd, 2007, 01:53 PM   #62
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know how to judge it. The equipment has changed, and that allowed the style to change.
Court won the most, but she was playing amateur events.
Graf won a lot, but Seles was dominating the slam results when a Graf fan stabbed her.

It's impossible to judge, but I'm confident the best players now, with this equipment, are playing the highest level tennis.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2007, 01:55 PM   #63
country flag Marc23

Marc23 is a name known to all Marc23 is a name known to all Marc23 is a name known to all Marc23 is a name known to all Marc23 is a name known to all Marc23 is a name known to all Marc23 is a name known to all Marc23 is a name known to all Marc23 is a name known to all Marc23 is a name known to all Marc23 is a name known to all

For me Graf!
Marc23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2007, 01:59 PM   #64
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henpova View Post
The only said that because she the one that got it popular. Most people know she is the reason Wimbledon need a bigger stadium because so many people want to see her. If it was not for her people like BJ King would never of did what they did for the sport. To me she was the first women to make a huge impact on the sport. Also she is the one the brought that drama to the sport. Read about her, she is a great woman.
I have read about her. And what you say is true. But it doesn't relate whatsoever to making the game what it is today. Saying BJK would never have done what she did if not for Suzanne is pure conjecture.
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2007, 02:09 PM   #65
country flag schris

schris has a reputation beyond repute schris has a reputation beyond repute schris has a reputation beyond repute schris has a reputation beyond repute schris has a reputation beyond repute schris has a reputation beyond repute schris has a reputation beyond repute schris has a reputation beyond repute schris has a reputation beyond repute schris has a reputation beyond repute schris has a reputation beyond repute

Steffi and Martina

Friday, 13 August 1999

"I`ve Done What I`ve Wanted To Do.

I Have Nothing More To Prove."
schris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2007, 03:15 PM   #66
country flag azinna

azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute

Steffi. Not just because of her achievements and career stats, but also because of her versatility: her ability to start and keep winning big matches on all 4 surfaces and against the best of at least 3 generations.

When you add doubles into the equation, Navratilova gets the nod. But the 1990s were the beginnings of singles/doubles specialization, where the best in singles began to rightly feel tennis had become too demanding physically and mentally to risk fatigue/injury by playing late at night on your rest days in slams. By all means, give BJK, Martina, McEnroe, etc for their props in doubles. But the realities are that Steffi, Sampras, Agassi, Venus, Serena, Justine and Federer will for decades be assessed and compared largely on their singles achievements.

Always on the lookout for a great tennis match.
azinna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2007, 06:14 PM   #67
country flag thrust

thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I don't know how to judge it. The equipment has changed, and that allowed the style to change.
Court won the most, but she was playing amateur events.
Graf won a lot, but Seles was dominating the slam results when a Graf fan stabbed her.

It's impossible to judge, but I'm confident the best players now, with this equipment, are playing the highest level tennis.
The amateur events Court played had all the top female players in competition, as there was no women^s pro tour. The only difference in the female competition after 1968 was that the players were allowed to get money for winning. Therefore, all the tournaments Court and King won before 1968 should be included in their carrer accomplishments. Court, overall, won over 180 singles titles, BJK won 104. Also, in Courts day, the top players played doubles. In Navratilova^s day, few top players participated in doubles competition.
thrust is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2007, 07:33 PM   #68
country flag top_playerfann

top_playerfann is just really nice top_playerfann is just really nice top_playerfann is just really nice top_playerfann is just really nice top_playerfann is just really nice top_playerfann is just really nice top_playerfann is just really nice top_playerfann is just really nice top_playerfann is just really nice top_playerfann is just really nice top_playerfann is just really nice

navratilova
top_playerfann is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote