ULTIMATE QUESTION: Who is the Greatest Player of ALL Time!! - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Well?

Suzanne Lenglen 1 0.62%
Helen Wills Moody 2 1.23%
Maureen Connolly 2 1.23%
Margaret Court 12 7.41%
Billie Jean King 0 0%
Chris Evert 6 3.70%
Martina Navratilova 46 28.40%
Steffi Graf 71 43.83%
Monica Seles 15 9.26%
Other (Must Specify) 7 4.32%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 21st, 2007, 09:36 PM   #46
country flag Fidello

Fidello has a brilliant future Fidello has a brilliant future Fidello has a brilliant future Fidello has a brilliant future Fidello has a brilliant future Fidello has a brilliant future Fidello has a brilliant future Fidello has a brilliant future Fidello has a brilliant future Fidello has a brilliant future Fidello has a brilliant future
Re: ULTIMATE QUESTION: Who is the Greatest Player of ALL Time!!

Some kind of stats would be helpful. I voted Margaret Court
Fidello is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 21st, 2007, 09:43 PM   #47
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute

The blonde le, le, lefthander. (She and Chrissie have also been champion homewreckers).

Re. Court, I think 11 of her 24 Slam singles titles were in Oz, mostly in an era when a lot of the top players didn't make the long trip on the then slower aircraft.

YUG flag, because it never should have split up.
*JR* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 10:04 PM   #48
country flag Henpova

Henpova has much to be proud of Henpova has much to be proud of Henpova has much to be proud of Henpova has much to be proud of Henpova has much to be proud of Henpova has much to be proud of Henpova has much to be proud of Henpova has much to be proud of Henpova has much to be proud of Henpova has much to be proud of Henpova has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena~lover View Post
Not really She certainly helped popularize women's tennis and no doubt is a major contributing factor in the development of women's tennis. But to say she made it what it is , is a sweeping statement to say the least. When Suzanne hung up her racquet the game of tennis was nothing remotely like it is now. And I don't think that being pioneer for a particular sport should really contribute when we are talking about who is the greatest tennis player.

The only said that because she the one that got it popular. Most people know she is the reason Wimbledon need a bigger stadium because so many people want to see her. If it was not for her people like BJ King would never of did what they did for the sport. To me she was the first women to make a huge impact on the sport. Also she is the one the brought that drama to the sport. Read about her, she is a great woman.
JELENA JANKOVIC-SRB
HANTUCHOVA-SVK

"Congratulations Maria on winning the Career Grand Slam!!! "

Last edited by Henpova : Nov 21st, 2007 at 10:09 PM.
Henpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 10:06 PM   #49
country flag Dave.
Winner

Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute

Navratilova by far! Steffi barely achieved half of what Navratilova did. Court came very close, but Navratilova still did more.
Dave. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 10:21 PM   #50
country flag Conor

Conor has a reputation beyond repute Conor has a reputation beyond repute Conor has a reputation beyond repute Conor has a reputation beyond repute Conor has a reputation beyond repute Conor has a reputation beyond repute Conor has a reputation beyond repute Conor has a reputation beyond repute Conor has a reputation beyond repute Conor has a reputation beyond repute Conor has a reputation beyond repute

Steffi Graf
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 10:32 PM   #51
country flag Oizo
Everything Fades Away

Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute

For me it's Steffi
Oizo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 10:35 PM   #52
country flag égalité

égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav_6789 View Post
Navratilova by far! Steffi barely achieved half of what Navratilova did. Court came very close, but Navratilova still did more.
Um, are you serious?

The only way this could possibly make sense is it you're talking about doubles, but Steffi didn't play very much doubles, so it's a dumb comparison.

And I'm no expert, but 22 isn't "barely half" of 18.
Bitttchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh You Better Pay It Honey! The Devil Is A Liar!!!!! Bitches Get Interviews And Shit? Where They Do That At Honey? Girls Are Late Honey!!!! The Queen Needs To Get Into It Honey Cause The Girls Is Late Out Here! Yes Honey Im Throwing Epic Shade!

Management!
égalité is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 10:46 PM   #53
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by égalité View Post
True. But Chrissie didn't have her mind messed up by being stabbed 4 years into that rivalry.

YUG flag, because it never should have split up.
*JR* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 10:56 PM   #54
country flag égalité

égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JR* View Post
True. But Chrissie didn't have her mind messed up by being stabbed 4 years into that rivalry.
I know... :-/ And I like Monica and really didn't like Graf

But regardless of circumstances, saying that she accomplished less that half of what Navratilova did is just stupid.
Bitttchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh You Better Pay It Honey! The Devil Is A Liar!!!!! Bitches Get Interviews And Shit? Where They Do That At Honey? Girls Are Late Honey!!!! The Queen Needs To Get Into It Honey Cause The Girls Is Late Out Here! Yes Honey Im Throwing Epic Shade!

Management!
égalité is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 11:36 PM   #55
country flag OsloErik

OsloErik has a reputation beyond repute OsloErik has a reputation beyond repute OsloErik has a reputation beyond repute OsloErik has a reputation beyond repute OsloErik has a reputation beyond repute OsloErik has a reputation beyond repute OsloErik has a reputation beyond repute OsloErik has a reputation beyond repute OsloErik has a reputation beyond repute OsloErik has a reputation beyond repute OsloErik has a reputation beyond repute

If we're talking singles, I'd say the greatest would be Graf, Evert, Court, Navratilova in that order. If we're talking overall, it goes Navratilova, Court, Graf, Evert/BJK. I'll vote for Navratilova because she's the highest combined on that list.
OsloErik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 11:45 PM   #56
country flag Dave.
Winner

Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by égalité View Post
Um, are you serious?

The only way this could possibly make sense is it you're talking about doubles, but Steffi didn't play very much doubles, so it's a dumb comparison.

Yes of course I am talking about doubles. It's not a dumb comparison; nothing stopped Steffi from playing doubles. Navratilova was physically and mentally able to do both, and she had the game to. Steffi could win on the doubles court but she didn't play enough of it and well that counts against her now.
Dave. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2007, 12:34 AM   #57
country flag debopero

debopero has a reputation beyond repute debopero has a reputation beyond repute debopero has a reputation beyond repute debopero has a reputation beyond repute debopero has a reputation beyond repute debopero has a reputation beyond repute debopero has a reputation beyond repute debopero has a reputation beyond repute debopero has a reputation beyond repute debopero has a reputation beyond repute debopero has a reputation beyond repute

Steffi
debopero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2007, 12:51 AM   #58
country flag SvetaPleaseWin.
Heyyy

SvetaPleaseWin. has a reputation beyond repute SvetaPleaseWin. has a reputation beyond repute SvetaPleaseWin. has a reputation beyond repute SvetaPleaseWin. has a reputation beyond repute SvetaPleaseWin. has a reputation beyond repute SvetaPleaseWin. has a reputation beyond repute SvetaPleaseWin. has a reputation beyond repute SvetaPleaseWin. has a reputation beyond repute SvetaPleaseWin. has a reputation beyond repute SvetaPleaseWin. has a reputation beyond repute SvetaPleaseWin. has a reputation beyond repute

chris evert for me
SvetaPleaseWin. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2007, 01:28 AM   #59
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Wow...Steffi leads Martina by 12 now...Chris Evert is starting to get a few votes too...
Old Nov 22nd, 2007, 01:30 AM   #60
country flag mckyle.

mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute

my favorite. duh.
mckyle. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote