Suggestions for 2008 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 10th, 2007, 09:35 PM   #1
country flag Uranus

Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute
Suggestions for 2008

Here's a thread for those who have suggestions for 2008.
I believe a few things can be done to make the game more attractive. Discuss!

Thought about a 17 best tournaments system or commitments, to avoid the fact that the ones in top 10 are actually those who never forget to play.

And give points like at PAW (ranking in a tournament => certain amount of pts). Would make things more interesting as well. i.e. it's catastrophic for your ranking atm if you forget to play a GS. You can drop from #15 to #30 and it's VERY difficult (nearly impossible, lol) to get back there.

Time to give ideas, guys ^^.
Uranus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 10th, 2007, 09:55 PM   #2
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Suggestions for 2008

I think the rankings should be changed to something similar to PAW. It would work PERFECTLY for this game.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2007, 05:55 PM   #3
country flag ~Eclipsed~

~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah i think PAW rankings would be the best idea.

I.E. I played most of the year this year and have had decent results at most tournaments, but it's not reflected in my ranking. I also forgot to play Wimbledon, but have consistently played smaller tournaments which feels like it does next to nothing for your ranking no matter how well you do.

Lindsay Lee-Waters | Mary Pierce | Serena Williams | Elena Bovina | Jelena Dokic
~Eclipsed~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 09:58 PM   #4
country flag Uranus

Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute

So, I think it's a good idea to use a PAW-like point system.

17 best tournaments? It would be very interesting but nonsense if commitments are not included.

Commitments => 1 tournament/week? I don't know if there will be enough players for that.
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 10:02 PM   #5
country flag Uranus

And a few details:

- Edited picks: if they were edited before the tournament began, I think it should be okay.
- Forget about that Q/LL1, 2, 3... that was used sometime last year. Only Q1 def. Q2 or Q2 def. Q1 (following their placement in the draw), when they're facing each other.

Please give your opinion, FITD players!
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 10:06 PM   #6
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

I like the commitment and PAW rankings idea.

I still don't think editing picks is a good idea. People may change them based on what other people have done. Especially when it comes close to the YEC.
Old Nov 20th, 2007, 05:33 PM   #7
country flag Uranus

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone View Post
I still don't think editing picks is a good idea. People may change them based on what other people have done. Especially when it comes close to the YEC.
Oh, you're right, indeed. ^^
Old Dec 2nd, 2007, 09:21 PM   #8
country flag SvetaPleaseWin.
Heyyy

SvetaPleaseWin. has a reputation beyond repute SvetaPleaseWin. has a reputation beyond repute SvetaPleaseWin. has a reputation beyond repute SvetaPleaseWin. has a reputation beyond repute SvetaPleaseWin. has a reputation beyond repute SvetaPleaseWin. has a reputation beyond repute SvetaPleaseWin. has a reputation beyond repute SvetaPleaseWin. has a reputation beyond repute SvetaPleaseWin. has a reputation beyond repute SvetaPleaseWin. has a reputation beyond repute SvetaPleaseWin. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hantu View Post
And a few details:

- Edited picks: if they were edited before the tournament began, I think it should be okay.
- Forget about that Q/LL1, 2, 3... that was used sometime last year. Only Q1 def. Q2 or Q2 def. Q1 (following their placement in the draw), when they're facing each other.

Please give your opinion, FITD players!
i think its easier just to say no edited picks-then people dont get confused

i agree with the qualifier thing though 1 def 2 simplifies it

the ranking thingy sounds good too
SvetaPleaseWin. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2007, 12:44 AM   #9
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

For the rankings, if we begin anew, it will put too much emphasis on the early tournaments.

So I suggest we calculate the rankings both ways. The "PAW-esque" rankings will be the Race while the normal rankings where we count ALL points will be for official records, such as who is # 1. And then at the close of 2008, we'll have our "PAW-esque" system in place.

Unless someone wants to research and revert the entire ranking system to PAW but that would take AGES.
Old Dec 4th, 2007, 04:20 PM   #10
country flag Bennguin1491
A new star is rising...

Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For the rankings, if we begin anew, it will put too much emphasis on the early tournaments.

So I suggest we calculate the rankings both ways. The "PAW-esque" rankings will be the Race while the normal rankings where we count ALL points will be for official records, such as who is # 1. And then at the close of 2008, we'll have our "PAW-esque" system in place.

Unless someone wants to research and revert the entire ranking system to PAW but that would take AGES.
I think this is going to be the easiest for all of us!

we'll be counting s t a r s
benny.segs.toaster.rouster.nacho
Bennguin1491 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2007, 05:14 PM   #11
country flag Uranus

Quote:
Well actually I was about to do it so...
Old Dec 6th, 2007, 05:53 PM   #12
country flag ~Eclipsed~

~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Eclipsed~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hantu View Post
Well actually I was about to do it so...
Wow Then go for it i guess.

I actually did the same thing for the game I ran although there wasn't nearly as many players.

Lindsay Lee-Waters | Mary Pierce | Serena Williams | Elena Bovina | Jelena Dokic
Old Dec 9th, 2007, 11:14 PM   #13
country flag Uranus

Points distribution for 2008 attached. Tell me what you think of it so that I can update if needed. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf FITD Pts Distribution (2008).pdf (14.5 KB, 2 views)
Old Dec 10th, 2007, 01:33 AM   #14
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

I love it! A+, Great job Ben.

This game will really become much more interesting this way.
Old Dec 10th, 2007, 02:31 AM   #15
country flag ~Eclipsed~

Excellent!