Why is Hingis still in the rankings? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 5th, 2007, 08:37 AM   #1
country flag stefi62

stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute
Why is Hingis still in the rankings?

When Kim retired, she disappeared immediatly from the rankings. Hingis still is in it. Why? I thought you only had to announce it officially and your name was erased....

Chanelle Scheepers - Abigail Spears - Vladka Uhlirova - Mervana Jugic-Salkic - Francesca Schiavone -Tsvetana Pironkova - Lisa Raymond - Sophie Lefèvre...
stefi62 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 5th, 2007, 08:55 AM   #2
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why is Hingis still in the rankings?

she has to send in paperwork or some shit... to make is 100% official lol...
Harvs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2007, 09:10 AM   #3
country flag petkoan

petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of

but she won't make it because she will comeback ;-P the surprise of 2008
petkoan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2007, 10:17 AM   #4
country flag hingis44

hingis44 is a glorious beacon of light hingis44 is a glorious beacon of light hingis44 is a glorious beacon of light hingis44 is a glorious beacon of light hingis44 is a glorious beacon of light hingis44 is a glorious beacon of light hingis44 is a glorious beacon of light hingis44 is a glorious beacon of light hingis44 is a glorious beacon of light hingis44 is a glorious beacon of light hingis44 is a glorious beacon of light

yes i think it not an official retirement, she has said that because she was sad and very nervous. Its her caracter!
hingis44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2007, 10:25 AM   #5
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute

You have to officially ask WTA to be taken off the rankings. I guess she hasn't gotten around to that yet (if she intends to do it anyway - she can just let her ranking drop normally if she wants).

She & Him @ Melkweg "The Max", Amsterdam 6th May 2010
DutchieGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2007, 10:35 AM   #6
country flag pooh14

pooh14 has much to be proud of pooh14 has much to be proud of pooh14 has much to be proud of pooh14 has much to be proud of pooh14 has much to be proud of pooh14 has much to be proud of pooh14 has much to be proud of pooh14 has much to be proud of pooh14 has much to be proud of pooh14 has much to be proud of pooh14 has much to be proud of

ranking would not be taken out for 1 year, unless the player requested to do so. at least that's what i know.
Old Nov 5th, 2007, 10:38 AM   #7
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh14 View Post
ranking would not be taken out for 1 year, unless the player requested to do so. at least that's what i know.
That's correct.

Old Nov 5th, 2007, 10:41 AM   #8
country flag vettipooh

vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute

I also thought she would lose the 90 ranking points from wimbly, and have to give back the prize money. Or is that not until after the tribunal?

And It's Not Over Yet...Just Wait....Wait.
vettipooh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2007, 10:49 AM   #9
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

She has to be proven guilty before that would happen, yeah.

Old Nov 5th, 2007, 11:38 AM   #10
country flag sharapovarulz1
She came to play.......

sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting!

Official Right Midfielder Of The Sveta Football Team
sharapovarulz1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2007, 11:38 AM   #11
country flag MisterMan

MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute

why would a player even CARE if her name is removed from the rankings ? Why fill out paperwork and requests when you can just go on with your life and let your name fall off gradually ?
MisterMan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2007, 11:41 AM   #12
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

She has change her mind, now she wants to try to clear her name...

But it a 'wierd' case, why so many month before we get to know about that Wimby test, and she even herself had to tell the press...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2007, 01:33 PM   #13
country flag Wannabeknowitall

Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute

Because Hingis still has an ego.
Being ranked in the top 30 with all the things that happened to her this year is a triumph.

She's retired. If her ranking is still there in March though, then we might have to look at this topic again, just like it was looked when Lindsay retired and still had her ranking around.

Black presidents of the US=1
Black head coaches in the SEC=0
Something needs to change.
Wannabeknowitall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2007, 04:35 PM   #14
country flag MatchpointPRT

MatchpointPRT has much to be proud of MatchpointPRT has much to be proud of MatchpointPRT has much to be proud of MatchpointPRT has much to be proud of MatchpointPRT has much to be proud of MatchpointPRT has much to be proud of MatchpointPRT has much to be proud of MatchpointPRT has much to be proud of MatchpointPRT has much to be proud of MatchpointPRT has much to be proud of MatchpointPRT has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettipooh View Post
I also thought she would lose the 90 ranking points from wimbly, and have to give back the prize money. Or is that not until after the tribunal?
How can they do that if nothing is proven?

]
MatchpointPRT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2007, 04:40 PM   #15
country flag griffin
double-dog daredevil

griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh14 View Post
Yes, it's up to the player. Both Kimmie and Graf asked to have their names removed.