Ned 2 - 3 Aus! :( - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 07:39 AM   #1
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Ned 2 - 3 Aus! :(

Oremans beat Dominikoivc 6-4 6-3 in the first match of the Fed Cup tie!

The article from Tennis Australia:

WOLLONGONG - Australia has lost the first match to the Netherlands in the Fed Cup World Group Play-Off at Wollongong today. Sydney's Evie Dominikovic, 22, playing her first Fed Cup singles match, succumbed to the more experienced Miriam Oremans 64 63 at the Win Entertainment Centre. Dominikovic, ranked 107 in the world, was unable to combat the power game of Oremans, who recently reached the third round at Wimbledon.

Be it grass or hard court, the Dutch dynamo knows her stuff and nailed
Dominikovic with her relentless serve-volley game. She drilled the Aussie Fed Cupper with some net skimming slice backhands and forced her nervous opponent to come up with the passing shots. While she managed to do this on several occasions, Dominikovic's game was blighted by unforced errors and a second serve that Oremans pounced on.

The first set was an even contest and it was Dominikovic who drew first blood when Oremans hit a backhand volley wide to trail 1-2. She broke back immediately and kept ahead throughout the set, going in for the kill at 5-4. Footfaulted at 15/30, a double-fault set up two set points and Oremans snatched the first at the net.

Again, Dominikovic survived a high-pressure service game to stay with the No.94-ranked Dutchwoman in the second set and broke her to lead 2-1. Up 40/ 0 on serve, she walked to the baseline after striking, what she believed, was an ace. It was called long and from there on Dominikovic struggled to maintain her confidence. She dropped her serve twice to trail 4-2 and Oremans cleaned up with a low backhand volley on match point. "I was in control of the whole match," Dominikovic said. "I'm definitely very pleased and I served well from the beginning on."

The next singles match is between Australia's No.1 player, Alicia Molik, and Kristie Boogert.

The loser of this tie faces relegation to a regional zone while the winner will move into the elite World Group in 2003. In the reverse singles tomorrow, Dominikovic faces Boogert and Molik takes on Oremans – unless the Australian team decides to field team member Christina Wheeler. Changes can be made up to one hour before tomorrow's start of play, at 11am. The doubles is played after both reverse singles. Australia's Rennae Stubbs has been named to play with Dominikovic against the tough combination of Oremans and Boogert.

There you go Linda, it answers your question about the reverse singles too!

Hup Boogie!

She & Him @ Melkweg "The Max", Amsterdam 6th May 2010

Last edited by inkyfan : Jul 21st, 2002 at 10:50 AM.
DutchieGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 07:48 AM   #2
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Molik def Boogert 1-6 6-2 10-8!

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 07:49 AM   #3
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

An interview with Silvana:

Waiting in the Wings

Top junior Silvana Bauer, 16, was invited to be part of the Dutch Fed Cup team and is thrilled to be working alongside her childhood idols, Miriam Oremans and Kristie Boogert. She's also had the opportunity to see her first live kangaroo….

How did you come to be chosen for the Dutch Fed Cup team?
I was playing the European Championships and they just called me to see if I could go with the team. It's nice to be here and it's nice for the future.

Have you been to Australia before?
No, never. Everything is new and it's really nice to be with the team and to see how it works, see how it goes.

Where are you ranked in Holland?
I'm number one under 18s and 16s.

When did you start playing tennis?
When I was five.

How did you get involved in the sport?
My father was playing and I was always watching. You see it, you want to play also.

Who did you admire in tennis? The Dutch have not had too many top players in the women since Brenda Schultz. Who were your role models?
When I was young I was always watching Boogert and Oremans because for me they were like, "Whoa!". Now we are in one team. It's really strange. It's for me so new and I like looking around at what's happening.

Have you got a lot of good girls coming through in Holland?
Yeah, more and more. There are good girls in Under 14. In Under 16, I'm the only one and Under 18 also.

Is there are a lot of pressure to produce a really good female player in your country?
Not so much pressure. Everything is fine.

You've got very good wheelchair tennis players
Yeah, yeah, yeah. It's nice.

What sort of support have you had coming through as a junior from your national tennis federation (KNLTB)?
The national tennis federation pay for everything until I am 20. Then I will have to pay a little bit myself but they will pay for the coach (Hans Felius), so I just have to pay for my tickets.

When did they start paying for you?
When I was 13.

When did you start winning tournaments?
I was 14 when I won the national championships (Under14), indoor and outdoor. Then I won Under 16 and Under 18 indoor and outdoor.

How will you organise your career in the next couple of years?
I'm going to play the junior grand slams and then I'm going to play some WTA. I played my first $10,000 already. I'm going to play more this year. That's where you start.

What has been your best result in a junior grand slam tournament?
Quarter-finals of the doubles at Wimbledon and third round singles.

Last year the Swiss played Australia in Fed Cup and they came here with a young team, including Myriam Casanova. She's now doing extremely well…
I know Myriam. She's one year older than me.

Does it inspire you to see how she's shot up?
Yes. She was always a good player, even as a junior.

What have you been doing since you arrived in Wollongong?
We went to Sydney to see a little bit of the city. We went to the Opera House and to the Harbour Bridge and the day after we went to the zoo to see the kangaroos and the koalas. So it was nice, but then we just practise.

Have you played against Kristie and Miriam?
Yes, it's nice to play with them. I had a set with Miriam and I lost 64.

That's pretty good?
Yes, that's not bad.

Is she retiring after this tie?
Yeah…but she's still thinking about it.

What's your best surface?
I like the hard court most.

How would you feel if something happened and you had to play this weekend?
I would love to play. When Oremans is going to retire, what are we going to do next year?

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 10:54 AM   #4
country flag Brαm

Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute
great articles!!!

GO HOLLAND
Brαm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2002, 11:18 AM   #5
country flag ~*Alma*~
Team WTAworld

~*Alma*~ is a name known to all ~*Alma*~ is a name known to all ~*Alma*~ is a name known to all ~*Alma*~ is a name known to all ~*Alma*~ is a name known to all ~*Alma*~ is a name known to all ~*Alma*~ is a name known to all ~*Alma*~ is a name known to all ~*Alma*~ is a name known to all ~*Alma*~ is a name known to all ~*Alma*~ is a name known to all
GOOOOOOOOO NL!!!!!!!!

The cowie is back...

Ж©Ω¥ΘΨ
~*Alma*~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2002, 11:24 AM   #6
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute
Nice articles indeed

Poor Kristie...so close!

I hate it the doubles is after the reverse singles, it should be before it! So now it's first Kristie against Evie? I hope she can win that, so Alicia will be under pressure knowing she has to win and she was so close to losing against the #2 of the Dutch team!
Old Jul 20th, 2002, 11:27 AM   #7
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by inkyfan
How would you feel if something happened and you had to play this weekend?
I would love to play. When Oremans is going to retire, what are we going to do next year?
I love that quote
Old Jul 21st, 2002, 10:52 AM   #8
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

Molik beat Oremans 6-2 6-3
Boogert beat Dominokovic 7-5 5-7 6-1
Stubbs/Molik beat Boogert/Oremans 7-6(1) 7-6(4)

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 11:11 AM   #9
country flag Brαm

Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute
So close!
Old Jul 21st, 2002, 11:16 AM   #10
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Yes, so close! First that Boogie match, and then the doubles

Should give them some confidence though!
Old Jul 21st, 2002, 02:10 PM   #11
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

They have to play regional quallies now... anyone have any idea which teams they might have to play against?

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 02:17 PM   #12
country flag Brαm

Some countries like Somalia, Senegal, etc. I think
Old Jul 21st, 2002, 02:46 PM   #13
country flag SM

SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute
hi guys!

firstly let me say that the dutch girls played a fantastic tie, and i was surprised that Alicia was able to come back as both girlsin the singles played pretty flawless...i have some brief reports in the evie forums if u guys car eto visit!

btw i met silvana bauer and that other player whatever her name was...i took a pic of them two, theyre damn cute and ill post it in the evie forum in a few days if u care to look!

btw silvana signed my wta cap an di had no idea who she was....she sounds promising too
Old Jul 21st, 2002, 03:09 PM   #14
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

lmao, I guess that "other girl" would be Marielle Hoogland! Thanks Steve!

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 04:57 PM   #15
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Quote:
Originally posted by bram_born84
Some countries like Somalia, Senegal, etc. I think
Isn't it like earlier this year, when they were in Turkey?

I thought it was that

btw, thanx Steve