FEMA has interview with....well....fake FEMA reporters. WTF!?!?!? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 26th, 2007, 08:36 PM   #1
Pureracket

Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute
FEMA has interview with....well....fake FEMA reporters. WTF!?!?!?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/20...

By Al Kamen
Friday, October 26, 2007; Page A19

FEMA has truly learned the lessons of Katrina. Even its handling of the media has improved dramatically. For example, as the California wildfires raged Tuesday, Vice Adm. Harvey E. Johnson, the deputy administrator, had a 1 p.m. news briefing.

Reporters were given only 15 minutes' notice of the briefing, making it unlikely many could show up at FEMA's Southwest D.C. offices. They were given an 800 number to call in, though it was a "listen only" line, the notice said -- no questions. Parts of the briefing were carried live on Fox News, MSNBC and other outlets.

... He was apparently quite familiar with the reporters -- in one case, he appears to say "Mike" and points to a reporter -- and was asked an oddly in-house question about "what it means to have an emergency declaration as opposed to a major disaster declaration" signed by the president. He once again explained smoothly.

... Very smooth, very professional. But something didn't seem right. The reporters were lobbing too many softballs. No one asked about trailers with formaldehyde for those made homeless by the fires. And the media seemed to be giving Johnson all day to wax on and on about FEMA's greatness.

Of course, that could be because the questions were asked by FEMA staffers playing reporters. We're told the questions were asked by Cindy Taylor, FEMA's deputy director of external affairs, and by "Mike" Widomski, the deputy director of public affairs. Director of External Affairs John "Pat" Philbin asked a question, and another came, we understand, from someone who sounds like press aide Ali Kirin.

OFFICIAL BLACKSMITH OF THE ROYAL COURT

I don't mind straight people as long as they act gay in public!
Pureracket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 26th, 2007, 08:38 PM   #2
Pureracket

Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute
Re: FEMA has interview with....well....fake FEMA reports. WTF!?!?!?

Never in my mind would have I imagined such utter bullshit happening in this country. With orgs like Fox News, at least they pretend to have some kind of journalistic credentials.

Old Oct 26th, 2007, 08:43 PM   #3
country flag griffin
double-dog daredevil

griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: FEMA has interview with....well....fake FEMA reports. WTF!?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pureracket View Post
Never in my mind would have I imagined such utter bullshit happening in this country.

Jeff Gannon

I'm surprised you're surprised.
Old Oct 26th, 2007, 09:02 PM   #4
Pureracket

Re: FEMA has interview with....well....fake FEMA reporters. WTF!?!?!?

Not really funny, is it? These puerile attempts at deception would be fine in Monty Python or Our Gang Comedies, but they clearly feel they are so massively above the American people that they can't even be bothered to discuss a national disaster. Every time we or the press have a chuckle at their shenanigans, they are empowered to continue lying and betraying us. They are not held to account for any of their war crimes or deriliction of duties. The deepest tragedy for me is this: Our elected representatives aren't doing anything about their most BRUTAL CRIMES LIKE IRAQ - let alone this types of silliness.

The last year of these assholes is going to be a real circus. If they are pulling stuff like this already, imagine the crap that will be going on next April.

Old Oct 26th, 2007, 09:04 PM   #5
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute
Re: FEMA has interview with....well....fake FEMA reporters. WTF!?!?!?

Tell me again who won the Cold War?

You could load Kafka up on enough horse to choke one, and he couldn't come up with the shit that is coming out of Washington these days.

The toadies and hacks Bush has appointed make the worst party bosses the Soviet Union ever had look like freaking Solon.

I'm not sure we can survive another year of these idiots. If the Democrats don't start to do something soon, we may have to take to the streets to save our republic.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote