Marina Erakovic Cheering Thread - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 02:37 AM   #91
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future
Re: For fans of Marina Erakovic, Sacha Jones, Ellen Barry and other kiwis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyking View Post
Ellens adorable yea, she used to be reasonably porky but has really slimmed down in the past few years! Saying that Cadbury will always be her best friend

She always had manly legs...and manly shorts!

Im so looking forward to Sacha's match!!!
Having watched Ellen play for the 1st time properly a couple of months ago, never woulda guessed she was "porky". Seemed in great shape.

If Marina beats Harkelskank today, she'd e the 1st Kiwi since when to make the QF's in singles of a wta?
I'd guess it wouldn't have happened since the days of Richardson, Toleafoa or Cordwell yeah?
Great to see her get the 1st set t/b!!
SeanyQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 03:32 AM   #92
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanyQ View Post
Having watched Ellen play for the 1st time properly a couple of months ago, never woulda guessed she was "porky". Seemed in great shape.

If Marina beats Harkelskank today, she'd e the 1st Kiwi since when to make the QF's in singles of a wta?
I'd guess it wouldn't have happened since the days of Richardson, Toleafoa or Cordwell yeah?
Great to see her get the 1st set t/b!!
She did win

Its the first time since Cordwell I think....although I'm not even sure if Cordwell got into the quarterfinals of a Wta event....goes on google now...
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 03:56 AM   #93
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future

Quote:
She did win

Its the first time since Cordwell I think....although I'm not even sure if Cordwell got into the quarterfinals of a Wta event....goes on google now...
Cordwell was top 20 in the late 80's & made the SF's of the 89 Aus Open!
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 03:59 AM   #94
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Cordwell was top 20 in the late 80's & made the SF's of the 89 Aus Open!
Career high 19 or something yea, does Aussie Open count as a Wta event though
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 04:01 AM   #95
country flag SeanyQ

Quote:
Career high 19 or something yea, does Aussie Open count as a Wta event though
Career high # 17, made heaps of QF's or better...

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2...PlayerID=30049
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 04:02 AM   #96
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute

wow wow wow WELL DONE MARINA!!!
Harvs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 04:08 AM   #97
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Marina great result for NZL tennis
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 04:08 AM   #98
country flag kittyking

Quote:
Career high # 17, made heaps of QF's or better...

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2...PlayerID=30049
Your right

Even so - first time in over a decade that a kiwi has the made the quarterfinals of a Wta singles event

Great Achievement for her, it gives her alot of confidence heading into aussie open qualifiers next week
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 04:09 AM   #99
country flag kittyking

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZTENNIS View Post
Marina great result for NZL tennis
Definately

The 6pm news is on in about 50 minutes - I hope it is the lead story! The more attention her result gets the better!!!
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 04:11 AM   #100
country flag kittyking

I don't have any more good rep's left for today so I'll just post it instead

Thankyou Aussies for congratulating Marina on her performance. It would have been easier to underrate the significance of it (eg with something Alicia or Sam has done) but you kept it all completely positive - Thankyou!

(and you'll all get your good reps tomorrow)
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 04:15 AM   #101
country flag SeanyQ

Quote:
Your right

Even so - first time in over a decade that a kiwi has the made the quarterfinals of a Wta singles event

Great Achievement for her, it gives her alot of confidence heading into aussie open qualifiers next week
Julie Richardson never made a QF. Heaps of 3r's including the 3r of Us Open 88.
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2...layerID=180034

I'm gonna have a squiz at Toleafoa's record. Otherwise, aside from Cordwell, Marina's basically it. She's pretty much a part of NZ history books now!
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 04:21 AM   #102
country flag kittyking

Quote:
Julie Richardson never made a QF. Heaps of 3r's including the 3r of Us Open 88.
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2...layerID=180034

I'm gonna have a squiz at Toleafoa's record. Otherwise, aside from Cordwell, Marina's basically it. She's pretty much a part of NZ history books now!
I'm alittle surprised that Julie never made a Quarterfinal! Isn't she the one who was top 50 in doubles? When she broke into the top 200 back in 2006 she was only the 5th kiwi lady ever to do that, so I guess you could say she was already in the history books

After today she moves back into the top 150 and it could possibly be a career high too (her current career high is 147). I'm not sure if that moves her up into 4th or not.
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 04:26 AM   #103
country flag SeanyQ

Quote:
I'm alittle surprised that Julie never made a Quarterfinal! Isn't she the one who was top 50 in doubles? When she broke into the top 200 back in 2006 she was only the 5th kiwi lady ever to do that, so I guess you could say she was already in the history books

After today she moves back into the top 150 and it could possibly be a career high too (her current career high is 147). I'm not sure if that moves her up into 4th or not.
Yeah Julie got to # 33 in dub's & # 102 in singles....made loads of 3r's for high tier Us events.

Last kiwi to reach the QF's of a wta was....Claudine Toleafoa QF's Wellington Feb 1992 (reached the Sf's the year before!)....so Marina's the 1st to do it in 16 years!

Toleafoa's bio:
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2...layerID=200032
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 06:22 AM   #104
country flag kittyking

Quote:
Yeah Julie got to # 33 in dub's & # 102 in singles....made loads of 3r's for high tier Us events.

Last kiwi to reach the QF's of a wta was....Claudine Toleafoa QF's Wellington Feb 1992 (reached the Sf's the year before!)....so Marina's the 1st to do it in 16 years!

Toleafoa's bio:
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2...layerID=200032
Very impressive - on the 6pm they worded it as 'the first kiwi to reach the quarterfinals of a major tournament in nearly 2 decades' (which isn't even that accurate because we used to have whatshisface back in the 90's who did well at the aussie open)
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 06:33 AM   #105
country flag Sammy 4 eva!!!
GA GA OOH LA LA.

Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Marina great work! Never though you could get this far!! Now make the final!!!

◊ Casey Dellacqua ◊ Olivia Rogowska ◊ Monika Wejnert ◊ Jelena Dokic ◊
◊ Laura Robson ◊ Sabine Lisicki ◊ Timea Bacsinszky ◊ Dinara Safina ◊
Sammy 4 eva!!! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote