Marina Erakovic Cheering Thread - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 16th, 2007, 08:22 PM   #61
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: For fans of Marina Erakovic, Sacha Jones, Ellen Barry and other kiwis

That pic of Marina is actually from Gympie not Dubai

Great effort for Marina to take Masha K to 3 sets
Advertisement

Old Dec 16th, 2007, 11:46 PM   #62
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy 4 eva!!! View Post
Well done Marina
Yay, glad ya like Marina
Old Dec 16th, 2007, 11:47 PM   #63
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZTENNIS View Post
That pic of Marina is actually from Gympie not Dubai

Great effort for Marina to take Masha K to 3 sets
Tennisnz said it was Dubai - they're mistake not mine

Thanks for that anyway
Old Dec 17th, 2007, 04:14 AM   #64
country flag etf

etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold

The finalists of the NZ 18's Junior Championships have been found, Tanya Samodelok and Leela Beattie, both aged 13.

S/F results:
Leela Beattie d. Briar Preston 63 76
Tanya Samodelok d. Abigail Guthrie 75 61

Katherine Westbury ~ Emily Fanning ~ Dianne Hollands
etf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2007, 05:29 AM   #65
country flag kittyking

Quote:
Originally Posted by etf View Post
The finalists of the NZ 18's Junior Championships have been found, Tanya Samodelok and Leela Beattie, both aged 13.

S/F results:
Leela Beattie d. Briar Preston 63 76
Tanya Samodelok d. Abigail Guthrie 75 61
Leelas been on fire this week!!!

Also glad to see that Tanya beat Abigail

Even though their both only 13 I think its great that these two did make it to the final. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Abbey and Amelia will never become pro players, their nice girls but they cannot beat any decent opponent around their age when their on form - they really do seem to rely quite a bit on them having bad days which happens less and less as the players grow older.

Kathy, Leela, Tanya, Mikaela and Briar are our best hope - although its hard to gather how good (or bad) they'll be at the moment and the next 3-4 will be crucial for them to see if we have another Marina, Sacha, Ellen, Leanne on our hands or whether they will just be Shona and Abbeys (Hedges). Hopefully these 5 girls will be playing at the New Zealand competition.
Old Dec 17th, 2007, 06:29 AM   #66
country flag etf

etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyking View Post
Leelas been on fire this week!!!

Also glad to see that Tanya beat Abigail

Even though their both only 13 I think its great that these two did make it to the final. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Abbey and Amelia will never become pro players, their nice girls but they cannot beat any decent opponent around their age when their on form - they really do seem to rely quite a bit on them having bad days which happens less and less as the players grow older.

Kathy, Leela, Tanya, Mikaela and Briar are our best hope - although its hard to gather how good (or bad) they'll be at the moment and the next 3-4 will be crucial for them to see if we have another Marina, Sacha, Ellen, Leanne on our hands or whether they will just be Shona and Abbeys (Hedges). Hopefully these 5 girls will be playing at the New Zealand competition.
I agree with the five names you gave as having the most potential, but can you think of any others. What do you know of 12 year old Emily Fanning who won the 14 and under tournament last January?

Also Shona is a lot better than Abby Hedges.

Old Dec 18th, 2007, 06:36 AM   #67
country flag etf

The winners of the NZ 18's Junior Championships have been found.

Final result:
Tanya Samodelok d. Leela Beattie 64 64

Consolation final:
Kairangi Vano d. Siobhan Cavan 60 60

Doubles final:
Abby Guthrie & Amelia Harris d. Siobhan Cavan & Briar Preston 64 75

Old Dec 18th, 2007, 06:45 AM   #68
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Tanya great prospect for Kiwi tennis
Old Dec 18th, 2007, 08:12 AM   #69
country flag kittyking

Quote:
I agree with the five names you gave as having the most potential, but can you think of any others. What do you know of 12 year old Emily Fanning who won the 14 and under tournament last January?

Also Shona is a lot better than Abby Hedges.
She's the one who played in America pretty recently right? From what I've heard her shot selection is apparantly outstanding (which is very good for a player of such a young age). Apparantly she doesn't have alot of power in her game at the moment, although shes stil a few years off playing on the Itf Junior tour and the power of her shots will undoubtably pick up by then.

I'm not sure if I would put her in the same category as the other 5 girls, I think she's one of those players who will either be an absolutely incredible player (such as Marina) or one that starts to loose interest fairly early on (such as Siobhan).
Old Dec 18th, 2007, 08:14 AM   #70
country flag kittyking

Quote:
The winners of the NZ 18's Junior Championships have been found.

Final result:
Tanya Samodelok d. Leela Beattie 64 64

Consolation final:
Kairangi Vano d. Siobhan Cavan 60 60

Doubles final:
Abby Guthrie & Amelia Harris d. Siobhan Cavan & Briar Preston 64 75
Well done Tanya

But incredible week for Leela Beating Kairangi was by far the best win of her career so far, I was talking to Kai just before - she was still absolutely bummed about that result. Saying that the result was good for both girls in the way that it gave Leela alot more confidence, and Kai a good wakeup call that she has to focus more if she wants to win a match at the ASB Classic.
Old Dec 19th, 2007, 06:50 PM   #71
country flag kittyking

Katherine Westbury and Chelsea Te Tai (pictured) are competing in the Optus Australian 16s National Hardcourt Championships in Melbourne this week. Westbury made the third round of before going down to Australian Katy O'Shea 7/5 1/6 6/1, while Te Tai lost to the seventh seed Sabrina Xu (AUS) 6/1 6/4 in the second round.

Both Kiwis are still in the doubles with their respective partners. Westbury and Abbie Myers (AUS) won their first round and received a walkover against fifth seeds Elizabeth Searl and Ellen Stiller (AUS) to reach the quarterfinals. Te Tai and Monika Wejnert (AUS) are also through to the quarterfinals after a tight first round win and then were handed a walkover by top seeds Jade Hopper and Ashleigh Richardson (AUS). Both pairs are awaiting back round matches to see who they face in the quarterfinals.

From tennisnz.com
Old Dec 20th, 2007, 04:22 AM   #72
country flag Mana

Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute

Shona is a far better player than Hedges. And Tanya is better than the other 4 girls mentioned. Shes got game.
Old Dec 20th, 2007, 04:35 AM   #73
country flag OZTENNIS

How old is Tanya? 12 or 13
Old Dec 20th, 2007, 05:22 AM   #74
country flag etf

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZTENNIS View Post
How old is Tanya? 12 or 13
13, she was born 19 Oct 1994.

Old Dec 20th, 2007, 09:03 AM   #75
country flag kittyking

Eek is little Kathie the eldest of the 6!

Shes 14, turns 15 on 14th of March