Marina Erakovic Cheering Thread - Page 17 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 27th, 2008, 11:28 AM   #241
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marina will become the first kiwi lady since 90 to play in Miami - GL MARINA!!!

Not sure how many of you saw what I wrote in GM, but theres an interesting scenario for Marina

If she wins beats Misa, withdraws from Tourbout and then looses to Venus her ranking would rise to somewhere in the high 80s.
If she looses to Misa, and wins Tourbout (shes the best hardcourt player on the entry list so she stands a good shot!) then her ranking would rise to somewhere in the mid 70s. This would certainly make it alot easier to gain access to maindraws of Tier III's and IV's directly.
Advertisement

Old Mar 27th, 2008, 11:43 AM   #242
country flag bavaria86

bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marina will become the first kiwi lady since 90 to play in Miami - GL MARINA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyking View Post
Not sure how many of you saw what I wrote in GM, but theres an interesting scenario for Marina

If she wins beats Misa, withdraws from Tourbout and then looses to Venus her ranking would rise to somewhere in the high 80s.
If she looses to Misa, and wins Tourbout (shes the best hardcourt player on the entry list so she stands a good shot!) then her ranking would rise to somewhere in the mid 70s. This would certainly make it alot easier to gain access to maindraws of Tier III's and IV's directly.
I think she should play in Miami and beat Misa because the she has a great opportunity to show what she can and who knows perhaps she beats Venus and that would bring her more popularity in NZ than winning a 75k in Belgium!!

Sabina Sharipova - Nigina Abduraimova

Vika-Carla-Mariajo-Sabine-Julia-Andrea-Marina-Tamira-Virginie
bavaria86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 11:44 AM   #243
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute

it would be stupid for her to withdraw is she beats misa... no chance she would do that
Harvs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 11:52 AM   #244
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...[Harvs]... View Post
it would be stupid for her to withdraw is she beats misa... no chance she would do that
If she beats Misa then she has to withdraw from Tourbout, a tournament where the winner gets 55 points in which she is favourite to win. Marina already has 30 points from Miami. If she beats Misa she will get 45 points in Miami, 0 in Tourbout. If she looses to Misa she will get 30 points in Miami, as many as 55 in Tourbout. 45 compared with 85 - it's nearly twice as many points
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 07:48 AM   #245
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future

There's probably a massive difference in prizemoney for reaching the 3r here, compared with 2r here & winning the challenger.
At the end of the day, it's a challenger she'd be withdrawing from, $75k or $25k, the tier I would be a (& should be) a much bigger priority.
SeanyQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 08:19 AM   #246
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute

lol she wont withdraw... guaranteed
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 11:54 AM   #247
country flag kittyking

Quote:
lol she wont withdraw... guaranteed
She can't legally withdraw from Miami, so your correct in that regard....however she still hasn't withdrawn from Tourhout either....
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 05:54 PM   #248
country flag bavaria86

bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute

Great result for Marina
She defeated Misa 6:2 3:6 6:2!!Good luck in third round Marina you will need it!

Sabina Sharipova - Nigina Abduraimova

Vika-Carla-Mariajo-Sabine-Julia-Andrea-Marina-Tamira-Virginie
bavaria86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 11:17 PM   #249
country flag kittyking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavaria86 View Post
Great result for Marina
She defeated Misa 6:2 3:6 6:2!!Good luck in third round Marina you will need it!
It's alot easier to win when you serve 12 aces and only 2 double faults, she is clearly going for it this tournament and I give her alot of credit for that! Next up will probably be Venus, best of luck to her!!!
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 11:44 PM   #250
country flag Harvs

Re: Marina defeats Misa smashing 12 Aces! Into Round 3!!!

an expected result... well done marina

hav fun against venus...
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 11:49 PM   #251
country flag kittyking

Quote:
an expected result... well done marina

hav fun against venus...
Still no guarantees that it will be against Venus, it certainly wouldnt be the upset of the year if Marta beats Venus.
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 12:14 AM   #252
country flag Harvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyking View Post
Still no guarantees that it will be against Venus, it certainly wouldnt be the upset of the year if Marta beats Venus.
lol true. but u no... lets go with 99% sure it is venus
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 12:27 AM   #253
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

great win for marina she's doing so well at the moment.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 01:22 AM   #254
country flag kittyking

Quote:
lol true. but u no... lets go with 99% sure it is venus
Currently Venus leads 6-4 5-2 so maybe 99.99% sure

Interesting to see that so far Venus has 1 ace to 7 double faults. If Venus' serving is off tomorrow we could well see an upset
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 01:33 AM   #255
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

well vee won, so marina will be up against a very tough opponent
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote