Lindsay Davenport is the number two seed at Bank of the West - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 05:27 AM   #1
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
Lindsay Davenport is the number two seed at Bank of the West

Stanford seeds

1. V. Williams
2. Davenport
3. Seles
4. Clijsters
5. Dokic
6. Henin

Rankings

2 Venus Williams
4 Monica Seles
5 Kim Clijsters
6 Jelena Dokic
7 Justine Henin
9 Lindsay Davenport

I'm not sure I get this. It's not her injury protected ranking. That would be #1, and she's seeded #2. THe player who really suffers is Dokic, who is now guaranteed a pretty tough QF match.

Last edited by Volcana : Jul 19th, 2002 at 11:59 AM.
Volcana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 06:02 AM   #2
disposablehero

disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future
As far as I am concerned, the one who got screwed is Monica. 2nd seed is a sweet position, and she earned it.
Old Jul 19th, 2002, 06:09 AM   #3
country flag rhz

rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future
not fair protected ranking doesnt necessarily means getting the #2 seed! she should be seeded 6th instead based on the current ranking
Old Jul 19th, 2002, 06:10 AM   #4
country flag irma

irma has disabled reputation
maybe they didn't want her to give a protected ranking of 1 so they gave her three.
never sure how the wta works!
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We all start in the streams
We're all carried along
By the river of dreams
In the middle of the night
irma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2002, 08:13 AM   #5
country flag Lindsayfan

Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all
what's Lindsay's seed at Stanford?
Lindsayfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2002, 08:21 AM   #6
country flag IcePrincess

IcePrincess is a name known to all IcePrincess is a name known to all IcePrincess is a name known to all IcePrincess is a name known to all IcePrincess is a name known to all IcePrincess is a name known to all IcePrincess is a name known to all IcePrincess is a name known to all IcePrincess is a name known to all IcePrincess is a name known to all IcePrincess is a name known to all
Miss Jennifer Capriati is entered at San Diego.

She's not on your list, sweetie!

IcePrincess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2002, 08:25 AM   #7
country flag Asmus

Asmus is a splendid one to behold Asmus is a splendid one to behold Asmus is a splendid one to behold Asmus is a splendid one to behold Asmus is a splendid one to behold Asmus is a splendid one to behold Asmus is a splendid one to behold Asmus is a splendid one to behold Asmus is a splendid one to behold Asmus is a splendid one to behold Asmus is a splendid one to behold
I think it is very fair! It's a good compromise: Lindsay was #1 before she got injured, and therefore none of the players getting bumped down are getting screwed, and although Lindsay was #1 she wasn't really an authentic #1 with no major finals, so she isn't getting screwed either.
Asmus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2002, 08:30 AM   #8
country flag Jakeev

Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute
Frankly, I think its stupid some of you are so bent out of shape how Lindsay is seeded. This is what injury protection is for folks.

Now somebody said Jennifer is in the event. If that is true, then the seeds posted here are not correct anyway.

Last edited by Jakeev : Jul 19th, 2002 at 08:52 AM.
Jakeev is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2002, 08:48 AM   #9
ajayares

ajayares is a name known to all ajayares is a name known to all ajayares is a name known to all ajayares is a name known to all ajayares is a name known to all ajayares is a name known to all ajayares is a name known to all ajayares is a name known to all ajayares is a name known to all ajayares is a name known to all ajayares is a name known to all
Lindsay has been seeded #2 for Stanford , not San Diego, she may well be seeded #2 there too, but nothing has been said about that as yet.

Last edited by ajayares : Jul 19th, 2002 at 09:11 AM.
ajayares is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2002, 09:03 AM   #10
jay_k

jay_k is on a distinguished road jay_k is on a distinguished road jay_k is on a distinguished road jay_k is on a distinguished road jay_k is on a distinguished road jay_k is on a distinguished road jay_k is on a distinguished road jay_k is on a distinguished road jay_k is on a distinguished road jay_k is on a distinguished road jay_k is on a distinguished road
Too much of posting is getting to some people
jay_k is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2002, 10:02 AM   #11
country flag Monica_Rules

Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute
Thsi is stupid she hasn't played since November so how can people know shes good enough to be seeded 2!

That was Monicas!

Naomi Broady, Tara Moore, Heather Watson , Laura Robson

Johanna Konta, Eleanor Dean
, Sam Murray
Katy Dunne Katie Boulter
Monica_Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2002, 10:23 AM   #12
country flag thecorrs

thecorrs is just really nice thecorrs is just really nice thecorrs is just really nice thecorrs is just really nice thecorrs is just really nice thecorrs is just really nice thecorrs is just really nice thecorrs is just really nice thecorrs is just really nice thecorrs is just really nice thecorrs is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by disposablehero
As far as I am concerned, the one who got screwed is Monica. 2nd seed is a sweet position, and she earned it.
I agree with you there, this isn't fair... I like Lindsay a lot! No doubt about that! But this isn't fair for Monica!
Don’t care what the truth is
You will be here come the day
thecorrs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2002, 10:59 AM   #13
Kart

Kart is an unknown quantity at this point
This is unfair on Monica, what's the point of playing for the ranking if you don't get the seeding ?

I haven't seen the draw yet but if Seles ends up in Venus' half and Linday doesn't reach the final I think it will be very off .
Kart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2002, 11:02 AM   #14
country flag per4ever
Team WTAworld

per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of
I don't see what's unfair... Lindsay is one of the best hardcourtplayers in the world, may be THE best.
per4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2002, 11:55 AM   #15
selesfan

selesfan is a splendid one to behold selesfan is a splendid one to behold selesfan is a splendid one to behold selesfan is a splendid one to behold selesfan is a splendid one to behold selesfan is a splendid one to behold selesfan is a splendid one to behold selesfan is a splendid one to behold selesfan is a splendid one to behold selesfan is a splendid one to behold selesfan is a splendid one to behold
I don't think it is a problem, Lindsay is a great hard court player. I think they won't seed her above Jen in San Diego though.
selesfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote