How stupid are tennisforum users compared to other sites? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 15th, 2014, 09:12 PM   #1
country flag BloodyMary

BloodyMary has much to be proud of BloodyMary has much to be proud of BloodyMary has much to be proud of BloodyMary has much to be proud of BloodyMary has much to be proud of BloodyMary has much to be proud of BloodyMary has much to be proud of BloodyMary has much to be proud of BloodyMary has much to be proud of BloodyMary has much to be proud of BloodyMary has much to be proud of
How stupid are tennisforum users compared to other sites?

Since joining tennisforum a few months ago and participating/observing, I must say: the level of stupidity here seems ridiculously higher compared to a lot of other forums and sites. And I'm talking about the whole site in general, not just GM. Holy SHIT. Why is this? Sports sites do tend to attract morons of all types, but is that really it? Are a lot of the people who post here just insulated in their own delusional worlds and never see sunshine or breathe fresh air? What is it exactly, because the vast majority of people here seem like a bunch of ignorant, boorish jackasses. Sorry not sorry.

BloodyMary is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 15th, 2014, 09:42 PM   #2
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How stupid are tennisforum users compared to other sites?

Join MTF and you'll come back crying.

Disclaimer: you mustn't be a basic bro for this to occur.

R.I.P. Bally

I can resist everything except temptation - Jesus of Nazareth
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2014, 09:42 PM   #3
country flag buddyholly

buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future

I totally agree. Especially the insufferable BloodyMary.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2014, 09:55 PM   #4
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyMary View Post
the level of stupidity here seems ridiculously higher compared to a lot of other forums and sites.

But.....
Pump-it-UP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2014, 10:04 PM   #5
country flag Haimar

Haimar has a reputation beyond repute Haimar has a reputation beyond repute Haimar has a reputation beyond repute Haimar has a reputation beyond repute Haimar has a reputation beyond repute Haimar has a reputation beyond repute Haimar has a reputation beyond repute Haimar has a reputation beyond repute Haimar has a reputation beyond repute Haimar has a reputation beyond repute Haimar has a reputation beyond repute

Great thread People on here do have a tendency to act stupid (and I do this myself too), yet when you get to know them better, you'll notice that lots of people here are actually really smart. Lot's of phd students, people with great jobs or just overall smart people. Internet just usually doesn't bring the best out of people and it takes some more effort to see their true colors.
Old Dec 15th, 2014, 10:09 PM   #6
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Since joining tennisforum a few months ago and participating/observing, I must say: the level of stupidity here seems ridiculously higher compared to a lot of other forums and sites.
Nobawdy heah stoopid. You stoopid. You very stoopid. Stoopid stoopid. Now go away.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
pov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2014, 10:30 PM   #7
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Since joining tennisforum a few months ago and participating/observing, I must say: the level of stupidity here seems ridiculously higher compared to a lot of other forums and sites. And I'm talking about the whole site in general, not just GM. Holy SHIT. Why is this? Sports sites do tend to attract morons of all types, but is that really it? Are a lot of the people who post here just insulated in their own delusional worlds and never see sunshine or breathe fresh air? What is it exactly, because the vast majority of people here seem like a bunch of ignorant, boorish jackasses. Sorry not sorry.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. By the way "ridiculously higher" should be "ridiculously high"

Mirjana Lucic-Baroni
Marta Domachowska
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2014, 10:50 PM   #8
country flag wild.river

wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute

you'll be missed by us all.
wild.river is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2014, 11:14 PM   #9
country flag GMSA

GMSA is a name known to all GMSA is a name known to all GMSA is a name known to all GMSA is a name known to all GMSA is a name known to all GMSA is a name known to all GMSA is a name known to all GMSA is a name known to all GMSA is a name known to all GMSA is a name known to all GMSA is a name known to all

Let's see...

1 + 1 = 10... Am I right? ...

Hingis...
GMSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2014, 11:19 PM   #10
country flag BloodyMary

BloodyMary has much to be proud of BloodyMary has much to be proud of BloodyMary has much to be proud of BloodyMary has much to be proud of BloodyMary has much to be proud of BloodyMary has much to be proud of BloodyMary has much to be proud of BloodyMary has much to be proud of BloodyMary has much to be proud of BloodyMary has much to be proud of BloodyMary has much to be proud of

I knew the defensive responses would come out It's okay, it's okay...

BloodyMary is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2014, 11:52 PM   #11
country flag Hurley
Enemy of Art

Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute

Why do some double accounts just give up and make it blatantly obvious. This one made it half a year, you'd think it'd have been able to keep it going.
Old Dec 16th, 2014, 01:25 AM   #12
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute
The stuck pigs always squeal first.

Hug an SDS sufferer, today.
JN is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2014, 01:55 AM   #13
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Something tells me this is not the first time you have written parting shots like these?
How many other discussion forums have you left because you were disappointed by the mediocre level of intellect?

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Jan 31. 2015
Next Update Date: Post 2015 RG
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2014, 01:59 AM   #14
country flag fufuqifuqishahah
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haimar View Post
Great thread People on here do have a tendency to act stupid (and I do this myself too), yet when you get to know them better, you'll notice that lots of people here are actually really smart. Lot's of phd students, people with great jobs or just overall smart people. Internet just usually doesn't bring the best out of people and it takes some more effort to see their true colors.
I agree.

Tennis is a somewhat elitist sport, so there tends to be a lot of educated people. But women's tennis also attracts a lot of gays who are known for being bitchy and a lot of people on here have a penchant for being troll-y. It's also a very international sport so you get a lot of people on here who don't speak English the best.
Old Dec 16th, 2014, 08:27 AM   #15
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe it's because I'm a bit selective in the threads I visit, but in general I don't find TF stupid at all. I'm not really sure what "other forums and sites" the OP is referring to, but compared to what I've seen elsewhere TF seems pretty good, for a broad forum designed to cater to the full range of fans of a popular global sport. The overall level of discussions might not be brilliant, but if you take some time to choose which posts are worth responding to, rather than jumping on everything that you disagree with, you can have some pretty interesting and/or amusing exchanges.

It's inevitable on a forum as broad as this that you are going to get some idiots posting, but if you choose to spend all your time getting your knickers in a twist about that, rather than conversing with the large number of more reasonable and intelligent posters, I'd say that the problem is all yours
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote