Arantxa Rus - Page 317 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 03:05 PM   #4741
country flag MarkNL

MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Arantxa Rus

Mental fragilty

Arvidsson - Stosur - Lisicki - Kuwata - Nara - Krajicek - Bertens - Rus - Hogenkamp - Schoofs - Kerkhove - Burger - Giorgi - Larsson - Ishizu - Rezai - Diatchenko
MarkNL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 03:41 PM   #4742
country flag Elwin.
-

Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute

Horrible
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 03:56 PM   #4743
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute
Now she has a losing streak on itf level ... RIP

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Duan Ying-Ying - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2014, 09:22 AM   #4744
country flag MarkNL

MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute

Aran won a match!

She beat Witthoeft in Katowice Q convincingly 63 62 I don't get how you can beat Witthoeft 3 and 2, but lose to Vrljic 2 and 2 on the same surface

At least she ended her losing streak

Arvidsson - Stosur - Lisicki - Kuwata - Nara - Krajicek - Bertens - Rus - Hogenkamp - Schoofs - Kerkhove - Burger - Giorgi - Larsson - Ishizu - Rezai - Diatchenko
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 11:44 AM   #4745
country flag Borisz

Borisz is a glorious beacon of light Borisz is a glorious beacon of light Borisz is a glorious beacon of light Borisz is a glorious beacon of light Borisz is a glorious beacon of light Borisz is a glorious beacon of light Borisz is a glorious beacon of light Borisz is a glorious beacon of light Borisz is a glorious beacon of light Borisz is a glorious beacon of light Borisz is a glorious beacon of light

And lost to Ksenia Pervak 62 63....
Borisz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 11:52 AM   #4746
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

From Good to Bad

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
The Chernobyl mutant is in her element within China's waste and pollution.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2014, 03:56 PM   #4747
country flag MarkNL

Won 75 63 against Doi in the Fed Cup, captured the deciding point

Playing at 25k Chiasso this week, won 61 60 against Lena-Marie Hofmann and 57 63 75 against Isabella Shinikova

First consecutive wins on WTA or ITF circuit. She choked a 4-1 lead in the 1st set today though.

Old Apr 26th, 2014, 06:46 AM   #4748
country flag Martao

Martao Martao Martao Martao Martao Martao Martao Martao Martao Martao Martao

And she won against Jokic as well: 64 62.
A little self-confidence does wonders, or so it seems. I think she may be thankful to Fed Cup-captain Paul Haarhuis for this moral boost!

Let's see what she can do against Lucie Hradecka.
Martao is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2014, 11:13 AM   #4749
country flag MarkNL

Lost to Hradecka 16 57, still a good week for Arantxa. Getting some wins and confidence.

Playing 25k Wiesbaden next week.

Old Apr 29th, 2014, 11:24 AM   #4750
country flag MarkNL

Arantxa won her first round at 25k Wiesbaden 75 75 over Polina Vinogradova.

I saw the match from 75 53* in the 2nd. Aran had *52, but choked it to 5-all. She made little to no errors, but she was just grinding and hoping for Vinogradova to make an error. Occassionally she managed to force Vingradova into a slice which she hit in the net not less than once. Aran also double faulted like 4 times in the 2nd part of the 2nd set so I wonder how many she hit in total.

Quite some things to improve for her next round. More aggressive play should be the primary focus. Playing against Lucic-Baroni or against Lesley Kerkhove in Round 2.

Old Apr 29th, 2014, 11:46 AM   #4751
country flag DennisNL

DennisNL is a splendid one to behold DennisNL is a splendid one to behold DennisNL is a splendid one to behold DennisNL is a splendid one to behold DennisNL is a splendid one to behold DennisNL is a splendid one to behold DennisNL is a splendid one to behold DennisNL is a splendid one to behold DennisNL is a splendid one to behold DennisNL is a splendid one to behold DennisNL is a splendid one to behold

A win is a win, definitely for Aran these days.

RANKING:
Singles: 65 (1318 points) [CHR: 63]; Doubles: 97 (1409 points) [CHR: 97]

TITLES:
Singles: 2014: ITF Gonesse; WTA Osaka
Doubles: 2014: ITF Gonesse; ITF Tianjin; ITF Ystad; ITF Braunschweig (all with zigga)
DennisNL is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2014, 04:26 PM   #4752
country flag Martao

Martao Martao Martao Martao Martao Martao Martao Martao Martao Martao Martao

It seems like self confidence is growing.
Rus didnt only beat Kerkhove today (6-3 4-6 6-4), but after this (seemingly) long battle, she also beat Hradecka convincingly: 6-2 6-4
Nusport commented that Rus was serving for the match at 5-2, got broken (as usual), but managed to finish it at 5*-4. Very nice results today, especially Hradecka is a good opponent, who beat her last week.
Martao is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2014, 05:14 PM   #4753
country flag MarkNL

I saw most of the match and indeed she played well. Again she was limitting her unforced errors and moving well, attacking when she could. Hradecka was out of sorts for most of the match and Aran forced errors from her with her heavy spin balls, especially in the first set. Aran lead 62 51 when Hradecka started to play better. Aran managed to win luckily

Old May 3rd, 2014, 06:05 PM   #4754
country flag DennisNL

DennisNL is a splendid one to behold DennisNL is a splendid one to behold DennisNL is a splendid one to behold DennisNL is a splendid one to behold DennisNL is a splendid one to behold DennisNL is a splendid one to behold DennisNL is a splendid one to behold DennisNL is a splendid one to behold DennisNL is a splendid one to behold DennisNL is a splendid one to behold DennisNL is a splendid one to behold

I can't with Arantxa. Watching her semi now against Alexandrova. She was leading 5-4 30-30 in the deciding set. She was one break ahead throughout the entire third set.

Then at 30-30, they were playing a nice long rally, when Arantxa decides to play a forhard dtl, which was only just out. After that she made a DF and now it's 5-5.

RANKING:
Singles: 65 (1318 points) [CHR: 63]; Doubles: 97 (1409 points) [CHR: 97]

TITLES:
Singles: 2014: ITF Gonesse; WTA Osaka
Doubles: 2014: ITF Gonesse; ITF Tianjin; ITF Ystad; ITF Braunschweig (all with zigga)
DennisNL is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2014, 06:13 PM   #4755
country flag MarkNL

She had 3 breakpoints at 5-all, but lost the game

Don't know if she can bounce back...

EDIT: she was down 15-30 in her game, but she won 3 points in a row. Tiebreak to decide the match.

0-3 down in the tiebreak, she is literally getting all calls against her though

Last edited by MarkNL : May 3rd, 2014 at 06:18 PM.