Has anyone gone to this tournament? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 19th, 2007, 02:17 AM   #1
country flag slk45

slk45 has a reputation beyond repute slk45 has a reputation beyond repute slk45 has a reputation beyond repute slk45 has a reputation beyond repute slk45 has a reputation beyond repute slk45 has a reputation beyond repute slk45 has a reputation beyond repute slk45 has a reputation beyond repute slk45 has a reputation beyond repute slk45 has a reputation beyond repute slk45 has a reputation beyond repute
Has anyone gone to this tournament?

From what I gather searching on the web, the venue is on the U of Laval campus, which doesn't appear to be readily accessible by public transport. Is that right?

Is there transportation other than taxi to the tournament? Are there any inexpensive motels/lodging nearby? Any suggestions as to where to stay?

Tnx.

Now obvious to all: wherever he goes, Obama is the least competent man in the room.

Lena's Official Exclusive Personal Masseur onboard the S.S. Dementieva

LENA - OLYMPIC GOLD BEPA - OLYMPIC BRONZE

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...ya-Lena3-2.jpg
slk45 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 19th, 2007, 03:03 AM   #2
country flag mat_the_beaver

mat_the_beaver is just really nice mat_the_beaver is just really nice mat_the_beaver is just really nice mat_the_beaver is just really nice mat_the_beaver is just really nice mat_the_beaver is just really nice mat_the_beaver is just really nice mat_the_beaver is just really nice mat_the_beaver is just really nice mat_the_beaver is just really nice mat_the_beaver is just really nice
Re: Has anyone gone to this tournament?

Actually, I am living in Quebec city. U Laval is VERY accessible. it's easy, just take bus number 7 or take a taxi, it's not expensive, maximum 30$ for the far hotels.

In Quebec city, we have a lot of Hotel and motel, a lot of price from 45/300$ For a normal hotel near of U Laval- PEPS (sports center). i really think that this hotel is the best:

- hotel universelle (90$), in front of U laval (you can walk and it take like...30 seconds) (10 minuts of the airport) http://www.hoteluniversel.qc.ca/tarifsa.htm it's very nice and clean! and you have a lot of restaurant all around.

you also have the Days Inn (i think you must take a taxi ride) about 95$ http://www.global-reservation.com/da.../xhome_en.html a other great place!

If you need more information about the bus, taxi compagny or cheaper place to stay just ask and it's will be a pleasure!

and have a good time in Quebec city!

*** i can't wairt before the tournement ***
Old Oct 19th, 2007, 04:04 AM   #3
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute

Somebody I talked to is staying at a B&B in the old city, and says that it is convenient by bus to the PEPS.
drake3781 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2007, 01:53 PM   #4
country flag slk45

slk45 has a reputation beyond repute slk45 has a reputation beyond repute slk45 has a reputation beyond repute slk45 has a reputation beyond repute slk45 has a reputation beyond repute slk45 has a reputation beyond repute slk45 has a reputation beyond repute slk45 has a reputation beyond repute slk45 has a reputation beyond repute slk45 has a reputation beyond repute slk45 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info, Mat. I'll check those out. Hotel Universelle sounds ideal, tho' $45-60 is more in my range. I thought there ought to be good transportation wherever a lot of students are, but I mis-read this statement from http://www.cumc.math.ca/2001/cumc.math.ca/getthere.html tho I see it's 6 years old.
Quote:
The closest railway station to the university is Sainte-Foy railway station. A cab from Sainte-Foy railway station to Laval’s main campus will cost around 10$. Please note that Laval University is not easily reached using mass transit from the Sainte-Foy railway station.
A few of my players will be at the tournament, including Laura, I'm glad to see.

Hi Mary. Thanks.

Now obvious to all: wherever he goes, Obama is the least competent man in the room.

Old Oct 19th, 2007, 02:00 PM   #5
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes the Tournament is very easy to get to by bus. Take either the 800, 801 or 7 and you are right there. I am staying at a B&B in Old Quebec now and if you need a room I could try and swing a deal for you. It is a very nice place and a gorgeous City and a wonderful Tournament. You should come!

~CASTANO~MEUSBURGER~SADIKOVIC~J.Cohen~
Drake1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2007, 02:48 PM   #6
country flag valexie03

valexie03 is just really nice valexie03 is just really nice valexie03 is just really nice valexie03 is just really nice valexie03 is just really nice valexie03 is just really nice valexie03 is just really nice valexie03 is just really nice valexie03 is just really nice valexie03 is just really nice valexie03 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1980 View Post
Yes the Tournament is very easy to get to by bus. Take either the 800, 801 or 7 and you are right there. I am staying at a B&B in Old Quebec now and if you need a room I could try and swing a deal for you. It is a very nice place and a gorgeous City and a wonderful Tournament. You should come!
I'm from Quebec City too The players are staying at the Loews Le Concorde. There are lots of inexpensive hotels and B&B in that area. Very easy to get to Laval U. from there by public transportation. Also, the Loews area is most popular night spot in Quebec City
Old Oct 19th, 2007, 10:24 PM   #7
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1980 View Post
Drake, did you ever find out if the place has high-speed internet?
drake3781 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2007, 01:58 AM   #8
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake3781 View Post
Drake, did you ever find out if the place has high-speed internet?
Yes it does!

~CASTANO~MEUSBURGER~SADIKOVIC~J.Cohen~
Drake1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2007, 07:12 AM   #9
country flag slk45

Thanks, everybody, for your quick responses!

Old Oct 21st, 2007, 08:56 PM   #10
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by valexie03 View Post
I'm from Quebec City too The players are staying at the Loews Le Concorde. There are lots of inexpensive hotels and B&B in that area. Very easy to get to Laval U. from there by public transportation. Also, the Loews area is most popular night spot in Quebec City
Hey a fellow Québécois! I'm a Charlesbourgeois de source here, recently moved to Montreal for my studies, but still from Quebec City in my heart.

I'll be able to go to the Bell Challenge only one day this year though probably In a sense, I kinda chose that too, but I also have a lot of stuff going on with school and also my own tennis events.
Old Oct 21st, 2007, 10:27 PM   #11
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ¤CharlDa¤ View Post
Hey a fellow Québécois! I'm a Charlesbourgeois de source here, recently moved to Montreal for my studies, but still from Quebec City in my heart.
You abandoned the lovely Melanie Mahwah?

YUG flag, because it never should have split up.
*JR* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 01:16 AM   #12
country flag valexie03

valexie03 is just really nice valexie03 is just really nice valexie03 is just really nice valexie03 is just really nice valexie03 is just really nice valexie03 is just really nice valexie03 is just really nice valexie03 is just really nice valexie03 is just really nice valexie03 is just really nice valexie03 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JR* View Post
You abandoned the lovely Melanie Mahwah?
Is she still playing
Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 08:20 PM   #13
country flag mat_the_beaver

mat_the_beaver is just really nice mat_the_beaver is just really nice mat_the_beaver is just really nice mat_the_beaver is just really nice mat_the_beaver is just really nice mat_the_beaver is just really nice mat_the_beaver is just really nice mat_the_beaver is just really nice mat_the_beaver is just really nice mat_the_beaver is just really nice mat_the_beaver is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by valexie03 View Post
Is she still playing
<

just exhibitions....she works for the sports channel here in Quebec (RDS) she host a show on the sports amateur in general in the province. She is very good !!!
Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 10:04 PM   #14
country flag Crank

Crank is a name known to all Crank is a name known to all Crank is a name known to all Crank is a name known to all Crank is a name known to all Crank is a name known to all Crank is a name known to all Crank is a name known to all Crank is a name known to all Crank is a name known to all Crank is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ¤CharlDa¤ View Post

I'll be able to go to the Bell Challenge only one day this year though probably In a sense, I kinda chose that too, but I also have a lot of stuff going on with school and also my own tennis events.

Moi aussi je reste à Charlesbourg tu restais dans quel coin ? Moi je vais surment allé une ou deux fois dans les V.I.P .. Je veux seulement voir Nicole Vaidisova ...
Crank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 10:27 PM   #15
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

I,m going there too, I'll try to be there for the qualies and some of the night matches, I so hope to see tati, Nicole, Chakky, Domi and Julia, and many other lol

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote