question - how many players won after losing the first set 6:0? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 13th, 2007, 02:15 PM   #1
country flag amirbachar

amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light
question - how many players won after losing the first set 6:0?

in a best of 3 sets match, and for comparasion how many players lost?
amirbachar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 13th, 2007, 09:30 PM   #2
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: question - how many players won after losing the first set 6:0?

Radwanska beat Bartoli 06 62 63 a few weeks ago .. there are many others but I cant remember
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2007, 09:27 AM   #3
country flag Archer16

Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute

If I counted correctly, so far in 2007 the combined result of all the current top 100 players after losing the first set 0-6 is 16-79 (17%).

Most 1st sets 0-6 this year:
Marion Bartoli (1-4)
Tatiana Poutchek (2-2, the only player this year to win twice after 0-6, albeit in qualies against lower rated opponents)
Olga Poutchkova (1-3)
Milagros Sequera (1-3)
Virginia Ruano Pascual (0-4)

Players with positive result after 0-6 (all 1-0):
Serena Williams, Alona Bondarenko, Alicia Molik, Yung-Jan Chan.

The most important such comeback of the year is by far Miami Final:
S. William def. Henin 0-6 7-5 6-3.
Archer16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2007, 12:42 PM   #4
country flag amirbachar

amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light

toda archer.
What was your source and can you give me the same statistics for 6:1 and 6:2?
I have a theory that winning 6:0 in the first set is not such a good thing, because it make frustration in the second set when things going wrong.
amirbachar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2007, 07:16 PM   #5
country flag Archer16

Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute

You're welcome.
I simply looked at each player's activity in the official WTA site. Took about an hour. I'm not going to check 1-6 and 2-6 just now maybe the first later, but I doubt your theory will hold.

I will say that the most famous comeback this year from 1-6, and arguably from any set down, was the Wimbledon SF between Bartoli and Henin (it's kind of funny that half of her mere 4 losses in 2007 were after such one-sided opening sets).
Old Oct 15th, 2007, 09:34 AM   #6
country flag ^bibi^
... as though I were in a snake pit...

^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute

There also was Hasselt's 2004 between Bovina & dementieva, Bovina took the first set 6-0, then Dementieva took the second 6-0. Dementieva eventually won 6-4 in the third after beaing trailed 0-4 lol

Current tournaments
Find the latest tournaments here

R.I.P. Elena Baltacha 1983-2014 †
^bibi^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2007, 07:10 PM   #7
country flag Archer16

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirbachar View Post
What was your source and can you give me the same statistics for 6:1 and 6:2?
I have a theory that winning 6:0 in the first set is not such a good thing, because it make frustration in the second set when things going wrong.
Well I have checked the results after 1-6 sets and it turns out you got something there.
For consistency's sake the results are of the same players, that is the top 100 of October 8th, and include the results up to this week (ending October 14th).

As said, so far in 2007 the combined result of all the current top 100 players
after losing the first set 0-6 is 16-80 (17%) [one loss added in that extra week].
The stats after losing 1-6 are 38-256 (13%).

No player has lost more than 7 first sets 1-6, but one: default queen Anastasia Rodionova, with 11!

Total stats:

Most 1st sets 0-6 or 1-6 this year:
Anastasia Rodionova (0-12)
Tatiana Poutchek (3-8)
Marion Bartoli (2-8)
Gisela Dulko (2-6)
Milagros Sequera (1-7)
Vania King (0-8)
Loit, Errani, Dominguez Lino, Osterloh, Poutchkova (all 1-6)
Muller, Pratt, Kremer, Camerin (all 0-7)

Players with multiple comebacks
Yvonne Meusburger (3-4) [that's a surprise...]
Tatiana Poutchek (3-8)
Serena Williams (2-0, but that's not taking into account the pathetic display vs. Schnyder earlier this week)
Alicia Molik (2-0)
Eleni Daniilidou (2-2, both wins came back-to-back in New Haven against higher rated opponents)
Kaia Kanepi (2-2)
Alize Cornet (2-2)
Yung-Jan Chan (2-3)
Flavia Pennetta (2-4)
Dulko, Bartoli (see above)

Notable comebacks:
1) Wimbledon SF: Bartoli def. Henin 1-6 7-5 6-1
2) Australian Open 3r: S. William def. Petrova 1-6 7-5 6-3
3) Miami F: S. William def. Henin 0-6 7-5 6-3
Old Oct 26th, 2007, 09:29 AM   #8
country flag Josus57

Josus57 is a name known to all Josus57 is a name known to all Josus57 is a name known to all Josus57 is a name known to all Josus57 is a name known to all Josus57 is a name known to all Josus57 is a name known to all Josus57 is a name known to all Josus57 is a name known to all Josus57 is a name known to all Josus57 is a name known to all

On the 1979 Avon (Formerly Virginia Slims) Tour stop in Philadelphia - Wendy Turnbull lost the first set 0-6 to Rosie Casals but came back to win the semi-final taking the next two sets 6-2 & 6-3. Virginia Wade who also advanced to the final beating Sue Barker: 1-6 7-5 6-3. Wendy went on to beat Virginia in the final (a disapointment for me) 5-7 6-3 6-2.
Josus57 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2007, 10:42 AM   #9
country flag HenryMag.

HenryMag. has a reputation beyond repute HenryMag. has a reputation beyond repute HenryMag. has a reputation beyond repute HenryMag. has a reputation beyond repute HenryMag. has a reputation beyond repute HenryMag. has a reputation beyond repute HenryMag. has a reputation beyond repute HenryMag. has a reputation beyond repute HenryMag. has a reputation beyond repute HenryMag. has a reputation beyond repute HenryMag. has a reputation beyond repute

Schnyder def. Bartoli 06 63 63 - USOpen 06, 3rd round
HenryMag. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2007, 04:09 AM   #10
country flag Medina

Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute

Medina d. Yoon Jeong Cho 6-4 0-6 6-4...

Canberra final 2006
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 12:45 PM   #11
KV

KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute

If I'm not mistaken D. Chladkova came back to win the match of 0-6 first set to defeat D. Safina in early 2003 could be in Key Biscayne or Indian Wells.
KV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 06:23 PM   #12
country flag Kirill_M

Kirill_M has much to be proud of Kirill_M has much to be proud of Kirill_M has much to be proud of Kirill_M has much to be proud of Kirill_M has much to be proud of Kirill_M has much to be proud of Kirill_M has much to be proud of Kirill_M has much to be proud of Kirill_M has much to be proud of Kirill_M has much to be proud of Kirill_M has much to be proud of

Gold coast 2007
Severine Bremond d. Iveta Benesova 06 64 62
Agnes Szavay Tatiana Golovin
Karolina Sprem Casey Dellacqua Virginie Razzano Flavia Pennetta
Kirill_M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 08:14 PM   #13
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Martina Hingis def. Maggie Maleeva 0-6 6-4 6-2 '01 Filderstadt R2
Martina Hingis def. Venus Williams 0-6 6-3 6-3 '06 Rome F
Old Nov 26th, 2007, 02:07 PM   #14
country flag justine schnyder

justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute justine schnyder has a reputation beyond repute

Venus def Petrova 7:6 0:6 6:4 (In Fed cup semis this year)
Anna c def Jankovic 6:4 0:6 6:3 in YEC this year (it was round rubin)

Official Trainer of the Jelena Clinic

http://i52.tinypic.com/2zxmlab.png
justine schnyder is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2007, 04:40 PM   #15
country flag Kirill_M

Kirill_M has much to be proud of Kirill_M has much to be proud of Kirill_M has much to be proud of Kirill_M has much to be proud of Kirill_M has much to be proud of Kirill_M has much to be proud of Kirill_M has much to be proud of Kirill_M has much to be proud of Kirill_M has much to be proud of Kirill_M has much to be proud of Kirill_M has much to be proud of

FILDERSTADT 2004:

R16: Mary Pierce d. Elena Likhovtseva 06 64 63
Agnes Szavay Tatiana Golovin
Karolina Sprem Casey Dellacqua Virginie Razzano Flavia Pennetta
Kirill_M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote