This is domination.... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 12:48 AM   #1
country flag Bezz

Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future
This is domination....

I was just checking a few head-to-heads and realised how dominant martina and lindsay were, they met 16 times in a row at ONLY the final stage, this spanned from 1997 Philidelphia to tokyo 2001 (4 years )
Martina won 6 times and Lindsay won 10. People are going on about the domination of the williams sisters, there domination doesnt even come close, i dont think they will ever reach this kind of record.

I am not trying to start and argument about how good players were back then, i just thought it was an interesting stat and puts into perspective the so called domination of the current players
Bezz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 12:52 AM   #2
evadafan

evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice evadafan is just really nice
Good point Bezza, the tour was very tough through those years too, probably tougher than it is now with many players out or fighting injury all at once.

evadafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2002, 01:10 AM   #3
country flag Cam'ron Giles
Snitch

Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute
A drowning man WILL clutch at straws...

Will you be there?
Cam'ron Giles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2002, 01:14 AM   #4
country flag Lisbeth

Lisbeth is just really nice Lisbeth is just really nice Lisbeth is just really nice Lisbeth is just really nice Lisbeth is just really nice Lisbeth is just really nice Lisbeth is just really nice Lisbeth is just really nice Lisbeth is just really nice Lisbeth is just really nice Lisbeth is just really nice
Interesting statistic, and it goes to show how dominations come and go, partly because players learn to beat those who appeared unbeatable.

I'd love to see Martina, Lindsay, Venus, Serena and a few other all playing at their peaks at the same time though! That would be a tennis fan's dream.
Lisbeth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2002, 01:19 AM   #5
country flag Bezz

Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future
freethinker as a hardcore Williams fan i didnt expect yu to agree with me, maybe yu should change your name to Onewaythinker, cos u dont have anything good to say about any other players.
Old Jul 18th, 2002, 01:20 AM   #6
Snitch

Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Bezza
freethinker as a hardcore Williams fan i didnt expect yu to agree with me, maybe yu should change your name to Onewaythinker, cos u dont have anything good to say about any other players.
That is not true...I rearly say anything bad about other players and I infact have a few non-Williams faves...

Will you be there?
Old Jul 18th, 2002, 01:53 AM   #7
country flag HAIL-VENUS

HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of HAIL-VENUS has much to be proud of
Gee, Bezza, as a NON-WILLIAMS fan, it's really predictable of you to create a thread like this. Your logic as a NON-WILLIAMS fan seems to be, "oh well, everyone thinks the Williams are dominating, well, I'll show them.... take a look at these stats of Hingis and Davey. The Williams will never ever ever ever ever ever come close to this type of domination. Now, take THAT!" Hehe, it's kind of funny, sad and quite childish at the same time.
Old Jul 18th, 2002, 01:59 AM   #8
venusfan

venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of
Between that time, How many grand slams finals did they play against each other?
"I told her, `You don't want to get into a hitting battle with Sharapova, because it would be uneven for Sharapova, because Sharapova only has one good side and that's her backhand,"'. "`You don't want to get into that for the simple reason you would win. So try to hit some balls to her strong side, to her backhand, and that would help you with your match for tomorrow

Sir Richard Williams
venusfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2002, 01:59 AM   #9
Snitch

Quote:
Originally posted by Bezza
freethinker as a hardcore Williams fan
OMG, I am hardcore? Well, hard but...never mind...

Will you be there?
Old Jul 18th, 2002, 02:09 AM   #10
tennisfun

tennisfun is on a distinguished road tennisfun is on a distinguished road tennisfun is on a distinguished road tennisfun is on a distinguished road tennisfun is on a distinguished road tennisfun is on a distinguished road tennisfun is on a distinguished road tennisfun is on a distinguished road tennisfun is on a distinguished road tennisfun is on a distinguished road tennisfun is on a distinguished road
they were #1 and 2 during that period of time, of course they could only meet at the finals. Wht's the big deal. And that's more than three years time span, average 5 times a year. And how many slam finals they played against each other? usopen 98, and aus open 2000. only two. How dominant!
tennisfun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2002, 02:11 AM   #11
tennisfun

tennisfun is on a distinguished road tennisfun is on a distinguished road tennisfun is on a distinguished road tennisfun is on a distinguished road tennisfun is on a distinguished road tennisfun is on a distinguished road tennisfun is on a distinguished road tennisfun is on a distinguished road tennisfun is on a distinguished road tennisfun is on a distinguished road tennisfun is on a distinguished road
Some people do have brain problem, I guess.
tennisfun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2002, 02:14 AM   #12
Snitch

This is yet the most pathetic attempt...

Will you be there?
Old Jul 18th, 2002, 03:42 AM   #13
persond

persond is an unknown quantity at this point persond is an unknown quantity at this point persond is an unknown quantity at this point persond is an unknown quantity at this point persond is an unknown quantity at this point persond is an unknown quantity at this point persond is an unknown quantity at this point persond is an unknown quantity at this point persond is an unknown quantity at this point persond is an unknown quantity at this point persond is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool WOW, wow, wow...

What a great stat!!! Such domination!!!
persond is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2002, 03:52 AM   #14
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
Bezza - I am totally, blissfully content to let you marvel at this particular aspect of Lindsay and Martina's careers, while I continue to marvel at what the Williams sisters have been doing for the past year.

I do suspect though, that generations of misguided media people will repeatedly overlook Lindsay and Martina record, despite it's impressive nature. And, as they will tend to, they will fawn over Venus and Serena's lesser accomplishments of meeting repeatedly in GS finals. The media is SO unfair!
Old Jul 18th, 2002, 04:14 AM   #15
Snitch

Quote:
Originally posted by Volcana
Bezza - I am totally, blissfully content to let you marvel at this particular aspect of Lindsay and Martina's careers, while I continue to marvel at what the Williams sisters have been doing for the past year.

I do suspect though, that generations of misguided media people will repeatedly overlook Lindsay and Martina record, despite it's impressive nature. And, as they will tend to, they will fawn over Venus and Serena's lesser accomplishments of meeting repeatedly in GS finals. The media is SO unfair!
Give em hell Volcano...

Will you be there?