what's the best match you've ever seen? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 09:07 PM   #1
country flag pan

pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of
what's the best match you've ever seen?

there are a lot...

STEFFI and ANKE in the masters final 95 was very exciting!

STEFFI and ARANTXA in the roland garros-final 96 (? - 10-8 in the third for STEFFI)

but defintely:

STEFFI and MARTINA in the 99 roland garros final! what a shocker!
Advertisement

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 09:21 PM   #2
country flag ZAK

ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future ZAK has a brilliant future
I agreee!! Definately the '99 Roland Garros final
Old Jul 17th, 2002, 09:41 PM   #3
country flag saki

saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute
I really enjoyed Graf d. Sanchez-Vicario 1995 Wimbledon final. Very high quality close match.
saki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2002, 09:52 PM   #4
country flag Couver
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute
M. Hingis VS V.Williams at the USO in 1999-2000

Couver is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2002, 09:57 PM   #5
MartinaI

MartinaI is just really nice MartinaI is just really nice MartinaI is just really nice MartinaI is just really nice MartinaI is just really nice MartinaI is just really nice MartinaI is just really nice MartinaI is just really nice MartinaI is just really nice MartinaI is just really nice MartinaI is just really nice
Martina Hingis vs Monica Seles 2000 Chase Champs Final

'THE COMEBACK QUEEN'

2006 Australian Open Mixed Doubles Champion

209 weeks at No.1

40 singles titles incl. 5 GS, 2 WTA Champs
36 doubles titles incl. 10 GS, 2 WTA Champs
1 GS mixed doubles title

MartinaI is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2002, 10:00 PM   #6
jay_k

jay_k is on a distinguished road jay_k is on a distinguished road jay_k is on a distinguished road jay_k is on a distinguished road jay_k is on a distinguished road jay_k is on a distinguished road jay_k is on a distinguished road jay_k is on a distinguished road jay_k is on a distinguished road jay_k is on a distinguished road jay_k is on a distinguished road
All the Venus vs Serena match ups
jay_k is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2002, 10:16 PM   #7
venusfan

venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of
Venus vs. Hingis '00 US OPEN.
"I told her, `You don't want to get into a hitting battle with Sharapova, because it would be uneven for Sharapova, because Sharapova only has one good side and that's her backhand,"'. "`You don't want to get into that for the simple reason you would win. So try to hit some balls to her strong side, to her backhand, and that would help you with your match for tomorrow

Sir Richard Williams
venusfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2002, 10:46 PM   #8
country flag Bezz

Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future
I thought the 2000 Aussie open, quarters match with Hingis against serena, Hingis towards the end got so pumped up i thought she was gonna kill serena, after coming back from i think 4-1 down in the 3rd and winning showed she had real determination and didnt just give up, i wish she could have this attitude now when she plays the top 3 :-).
Old Jul 17th, 2002, 10:48 PM   #9
country flag Bezz

Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future
Actually i think that was 2001 Aussie open , :-)
Old Jul 17th, 2002, 10:51 PM   #10
country flag Oizo
Everything Fades Away

Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by ZAK
I agreee!! Definately the '99 Roland Garros final
Yeah, for me too.
Old Jul 17th, 2002, 11:05 PM   #11
country flag Cilla
Rafa the Diva, no?

Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with the '99 RG Final so much controversy & Cappy Vs Kimmy RG 2001 Even though I wished the result was reversed....
Cilla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2002, 11:18 PM   #12
country flag Cam'ron Giles
Snitch

Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute
LOL, I swear I did not see this thread before posting my thread on the best Williams matches.

I have to say Venus/Martina 00 USO...
Yes, the 01 Aus Open Serena/Martina was great also but damn was I angry...I just hope wild thing is gone and the real Serena is here to stay...

Will you be there?
Cam'ron Giles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2002, 11:18 PM   #13
country flag Ryan
NeverWoz

Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute
Definately the 2001 Aussie QF match. I haven't seen either Semi at the Us Open between Hingis and Venus, they sound good though.
Ryan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2002, 11:24 PM   #14
Steffica Greles

Steffica Greles has a reputation beyond repute Steffica Greles has a reputation beyond repute Steffica Greles has a reputation beyond repute Steffica Greles has a reputation beyond repute Steffica Greles has a reputation beyond repute Steffica Greles has a reputation beyond repute Steffica Greles has a reputation beyond repute Steffica Greles has a reputation beyond repute Steffica Greles has a reputation beyond repute Steffica Greles has a reputation beyond repute Steffica Greles has a reputation beyond repute
Many, but often involving the same players....

Seles vs Graf 1992 French Open Final (Seles won 6-2 3-6 10-8)

Seles vs Graf 1993 Australian Open Final....the greatest match ever, in my opinion. (Seles won 4-6 6-3 6-2)

Graf vs Sanchez-Vicario 1996 French Open Final (Graf won 6-1 6-7 10-8)

Graf vs Sanchez-Vicario 1995 Wimbledon Final (Graf won 4-6 6-1 7-5)

Seles vs Sanchez-Vicario...a lot closer than the scoreline suggested....French Open Final 1991(Seles won in two close sets)

Hingis vs Venus Williams 2000 Wimbledon QF (Venus won in 3)

Graf vs Hingis 1999 French Open Final (Graf won in 3)

........to me, the Cap vs Kim match of 2001 was NOT a particularly great match. It only lasted so long because neither could take their chances. It was exciting, sure, but not one of the all-time great matches.
Steffica Greles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2002, 11:30 PM   #15
country flag Andre@

Andre@ is a name known to all Andre@ is a name known to all Andre@ is a name known to all Andre@ is a name known to all Andre@ is a name known to all Andre@ is a name known to all Andre@ is a name known to all Andre@ is a name known to all Andre@ is a name known to all Andre@ is a name known to all Andre@ is a name known to all
Live (in loco) : Martina vs Venus US Open 1999

By TV :
Martina vs Graf Roland Garros 99
Martina vs Seles Chase 2000 and Roland Garros 1997
Martina vs Serena Australian Open 2001
Seles vs Graf Roland Garros 1992
Martina vs Venus US Open 1999 ( I have to include this one here too)