What did Venus mean in her blog ? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 4th, 2007, 12:47 PM   #1
country flag MisterMan

MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute
What did Venus mean in her blog ?

When she said she wanted to call Serena to find out "why she won so hard" in Germany yesterday.

Venus thought Serena's 7-5,6-2 was a 'hard win'
that score line seems like a routine win to me.
MisterMan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 4th, 2007, 12:55 PM   #2
country flag mankind

mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What did Venus mean in her blog ?

She was up 4-1 in the first and then blew it. I guess that's what she means. Mostly a joke I think about it being a hard win.
mankind is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 01:07 PM   #3
tennnisfannn

tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute

well i also wondered it esp blowing a 4/1 lead against the kind of opponent she palyed. I guess we could also onder the same about her match agaainst molik. For some reason alicia has found her A game against the williams the last two times she played them.
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 01:13 PM   #4
country flag MisterMan

MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute

yea that's what I found odd - V was almost saying "how can you let Vakulenko get so close in the score" as if anything other than a 6-1, 6-1 victory was subpar playing.

But, Venus herself almost loses a SET to a very subpar Molik.

Serena should be one calling V saying "WTF?"
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 01:13 PM   #5
country flag schorsch

schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute

alicia has been long enough on the tour to know how to approach these kind of matches i guess
Official Masseur of the Jelena Clinic
Djokovic, Davydenko, Tipsarevic, Wawrinka, Baghdatis, Gulbis, Troicki, Kyrgios
schorsch is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 01:23 PM   #6
country flag slydevil6142

slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of

she said that b/c she blogged after the 6-0 6-0 beat down time difference and internet delay ppl....
Queen of Grass: Venus Williams
7 time grand slam champion, Olympic Champion,
The Tour Standard! .... still haha!
slydevil6142 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 01:26 PM   #7
country flag Paneru

Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by slydevil6142 View Post
she said that b/c she blogged after the 6-0 6-0 beat down time difference and internet delay ppl....
And it went right over many heads!
Paneru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 01:34 PM   #8
country flag mankind

mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute mankind has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paneru View Post
I just went by what the OP posted, I don't read Venus' blog
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 01:37 PM   #9

slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of

I knew b/c I read it right after serena had won 6-0, 6-0 ... venus would never be that tacky to critize her sister on an internet blog come on guys
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 01:39 PM   #10
country flag roarke

roarke has a reputation beyond repute roarke has a reputation beyond repute roarke has a reputation beyond repute roarke has a reputation beyond repute roarke has a reputation beyond repute roarke has a reputation beyond repute roarke has a reputation beyond repute roarke has a reputation beyond repute roarke has a reputation beyond repute roarke has a reputation beyond repute roarke has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paneru View Post
People always look for the negatives so they don't bother to analyze anything. As long as it can be twisted into something negative they just want to run with it....

Those who read understood what Miss Venus was saying to her sister.. knows she was telling her to win... she doesn't have to go for a beat down....

I've learned that we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.

I've learned that either you control your attitude or it controls you.

I've learned that sometimes when I'm angry I have the right to be angry, but that doesn't give me the right to be cruel.

I've learned that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them, and less to do with how many years you have lived.

I've learned that you shouldn't be so eager to find out a secret. It could change your life forever.
roarke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 01:58 PM   #11
country flag MisterMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slydevil6142 View Post
I knew b/c I read it right after serena had won 6-0, 6-0 ... venus would never be that tacky to critize her sister on an internet blog come on guys
But she IS that tacky to sarcastically mock Zuzana Ondraskova ? Saying it was a hard win ?
Interesting.

And forgive us mere mortals who don't JUMP on Venus's blog every damned hour ! Some of us have a life !
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 02:00 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMan View Post
But she IS that tacky to sarcastically mock Zuzana Ondraskova ? Saying it was a hard win ?
Interesting.

And forgive us mere mortals who don't JUMP on Venus's blog every damned hour ! Some of us have a life !
Did Venus mention the oppenents name???.... I think not ... Im not on this board all day as you can see ive been a member for many years and hardly post on here. I simply was commenting b/c the comments being made were INCORRECT. It sounds to me like you have nothing better to do than attack a true statement maybe you need to find something better to do
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 02:05 PM   #13
country flag mankind

Okay, not necessary to start a disagreement. I personally took it as Venus comparing her sister's first win (0 and 0) with her second, which was much harder. But whatever.
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 02:07 PM   #14
country flag hotandspicey

hotandspicey has a reputation beyond repute hotandspicey has a reputation beyond repute hotandspicey has a reputation beyond repute hotandspicey has a reputation beyond repute hotandspicey has a reputation beyond repute hotandspicey has a reputation beyond repute hotandspicey has a reputation beyond repute hotandspicey has a reputation beyond repute hotandspicey has a reputation beyond repute hotandspicey has a reputation beyond repute hotandspicey has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=MisterMan;11762407]But she IS that tacky to sarcastically mock Zuzana Ondraskova ? Saying it was a hard win ?
Interesting.

And forgive us mere mortals who don't JUMP on Venus's blog every damned hour ! Some of us have a life ![/quote]

What a way to show you have one. stop reading so much into it. it's not that important. it just means what it is. no biggie.

R.I.P ELENA BALTACHA. YOU WILL BE MISSED!
hotandspicey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 02:08 PM   #15
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

This was a Wednesday entry. Serena vs Vakulenko took place when it was Thursday morning in Tokyo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inger67 View Post
I don't like Venus or Urszula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inger67 View Post
If Ula can beat you 6-1, 6-3 then you know you're a mug
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote