Olivia Rogowska - Page 99 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How high can Olivia Rogowska go?

Top 50 58 42.96%
Top 100 43 31.85%
Top 200 20 14.81%
Top 400 10 7.41%
Other (please specify) 4 2.96%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mar 30th, 2010, 12:07 PM   #1471
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Oooh Olivia RoGOATska

Expecting Liv to come through this one pretty easily I'd say. Given Groth's current form and I dont think she's real mad on clay either? Whereas Liv seems to like it

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 30th, 2010, 12:45 PM   #1472
country flag Daniel K

Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure Monzon is actually hard court.
Daniel K is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2010, 01:12 PM   #1473
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

It is hardcourt.

Jarmila may not be in the best form right now, but she's won a lot more matches than Olivia has this year and is way more match toughened. This match is a lot tougher for Olivia than some of you may think.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2010, 07:05 PM   #1474
country flag brendoboy

brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light

Jarmila Groth (AUS) d. Olivia Rogowska (AUS) 60 Ret

I think liv is ill

Gahh, next tourny move onto clay maybe
Old Mar 30th, 2010, 09:50 PM   #1475
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

After a long training block I certainly hope it's not an injury, cos that means bad training! If she's ill, then hope she gets better.

First quarter of the year is gone now, and it's safe to say that it's been a disaster so far.
Old Mar 30th, 2010, 10:01 PM   #1476
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

She beat Yakimova in the first match of the year, since then has lost 7 consecutive matches.
To Evgeniya Rodina, Shahar Peer, Sorana Cirstea, Yi-Fan Xu, Yung-Jan Chan, Yi-Miou Zhou and Jarmila Groth... winning one set along the way.
Old Mar 30th, 2010, 10:04 PM   #1477
country flag TS

I really hope this ain't Jess Moore syndrome.

Come on Olivia. Get through this rut
Old Mar 31st, 2010, 12:14 AM   #1478
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
ROFL hardly, Olivia can actually have more than a 3 stroke rally without hitting the ball over the fence, unlike Jess! (And yes I did see her hit 3 balls out of the court in the first 3 games of her US Open qualies match LOL)

Most of her losses this year haven't been bad.

Losing to Evgeniya Rodina, Shahar Peer, Sorana Cirstea, Yung-Jan Chan, and Jarmila Groth who are all top 120 players is not disgraceful, just disappointing that she wasn't able to push them more.

Her losses to Yi-Fan Xu, Yi-Miou Zhou may seem worse than they are as both these players have actually been in good form and are moving up the ranks.

I think with Olivia she's trying hard to bring in a bit more aggression to her game. Her coaches are trying to get her into the net more. I'm not sure if I agree with her coaches doing this, her strengths are that she's a brick wall from the baseline. Mentally she tough, but defending points for the first time is a new experience, so will be interesting to see how she copes at Roland Garros this year.

Last edited by AUSBOY : Mar 31st, 2010 at 12:20 AM.
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2010, 08:53 AM   #1479
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
In one way yes - both girls have sat in the top 150 and probably shouldn't have been there. Too much too soon for Liv - she's way over ranked atm.

Though she has a bit more spunk and grit than Jess and has risen to occasion in every slam she's played. Just needs to build strength I feel. I have no doubt she'll be a tour player.
Old Mar 31st, 2010, 09:04 AM   #1480
country flag TS

^In fairness to Liv, she did earn her ranking by beating much better players than what Jess did to get to 140.

And yes, she lost to some decent ranked players...but looking at those match scores is not pretty in anyone's language. I think she's got lots of game, but at the moment it is all mental with this kid.
Old Mar 31st, 2010, 10:15 AM   #1481
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

^ for sure - I suppose with both gals they achieved some isolated wins than a string of good performances over a number of weeks.

We'll see the best of both from 21 years onward. Unless you are a big talent (and I dont think Liv and Jess fall into this) its very hard to be consistent on tour at the age of 18-19. The body just can't sustain it against gals that are well into their 20's with better fitness bases and strength.
Old Apr 2nd, 2010, 11:18 AM   #1482
country flag tennismanno1

tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice

i don't believe olivia has the jess syndrome but i think it would be beneficial for her to play in a few 10 000 events on the clay around europe. in no offense to olivia, her ranking does not reflect the player she currently is. Although she has taken it up to top players like safina and kirelenko i am sure there are players in these european tournaments ranked around the 300-400 region that would give olivia a competitive run for her money. I don't believe her development is being positive by entering wta tournaments where she is getting blasted, or AMT's where her skill level is a step above the rest

Just my thoughts guys and girls. feel free to disagree

By the way
did anyone see that report on four corners not to long ago called 'The state of play' or something along those lines, outlining the reporters views on Tennis Australia?

cheers
tennismanno1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2010, 03:41 PM   #1483
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennismanno1 View Post
i don't believe olivia has the jess syndrome but i think it would be beneficial for her to play in a few 10 000 events on the clay around europe. in no offense to olivia, her ranking does not reflect the player she currently is. Although she has taken it up to top players like safina and kirelenko i am sure there are players in these european tournaments ranked around the 300-400 region that would give olivia a competitive run for her money. I don't believe her development is being positive by entering wta tournaments where she is getting blasted, or AMT's where her skill level is a step above the rest

Just my thoughts guys and girls. feel free to disagree

By the way
did anyone see that report on four corners not to long ago called 'The state of play' or something along those lines, outlining the reporters views on Tennis Australia?

cheers
10ks? Hell no. you get 12 points for a win, she would be outside the top 500 by the end of the year.

Anyway, AMAZING win for Olivia. def. Halep 6-2 6-3. Halep is a fellow '91 girl, was junior number one or something along those lines and has been moving up and catching Olivia up so a huge win. Keep it up Liv!
Slutiana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2010, 04:38 PM   #1484
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

Well she shut us up Fantastic win, certainly didn't expect that. Me thinks Olivia enjoys the clay

Keep suprising us Liv.

DATE-KRUMM ERAKOVIC KUZNETSOVA BARTY SANDERS

ROGOWSKA ZAKOPALOVA PIRONKOVA JANKOVIC DELLACQUA
Keadz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2010, 08:24 PM   #1485
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Win?? The Q-draw downloaded from the WTA site says she lost...