Olivia Rogowska - Page 214 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How high can Olivia Rogowska go?

Top 50 59 43.07%
Top 100 44 32.12%
Top 200 20 14.60%
Top 400 10 7.30%
Other (please specify) 4 2.92%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 27th, 2013, 09:18 PM   #3196
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think it will affect her much, would have known it was a hopeless match up going in. Molik, Jarka, Sam & Casey have all suffered double bagels in TV matches, not nice but shit happens, and hey - to put my rose coloured glasses on, she played her first GS draw without a WC

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 27th, 2013, 09:18 PM   #3197
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Olivia Rogowska

She had well over 30 unforced errors. In a 60 60 loss that is just abysmal. Ouch.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 09:19 PM   #3198
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
She had well over 30 unforced errors. In a 60 60 loss that is just abysmal. Ouch.
Most of them just out of sheer panic

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #3199
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not disappointed about the result. I'm worried that Liv doesn't do enough to learn from top players like Errani when she plays them. Liv hits the balls as well as Sara - she should be studying her carefully to learn how to maximise her potential, but I'm afraid that with Liv's mindless blasting at the ball she doesn't learn anything

Bad luck though. I don't think this will affect her too badly.
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 09:33 PM   #3200
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

Yeah you're right, that's the stubbornness again.

Oh I love Sam's outfit this year.

Old Aug 27th, 2013, 09:54 PM   #3201
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Sad for LIV I don't think she will be affected too much by this . It is the close losses that are hard to forget
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 11:03 PM   #3202
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey_pan View Post
I don't think it will affect her much, would have known it was a hopeless match up going in. Molik, Jarka, Sam & Casey have all suffered double bagels in TV matches, not nice but shit happens, and hey - to put my rose coloured glasses on, she played her first GS draw without a WC

Yep, Alicia in particular did so at the Aussie open against Talaja which is about as bad as it gets for an Aussie. Hopefuly Liv moves in from it, and most importantly, learns from it.

No doubt she tried to hit Errani off the court and there is only 2-3 players in the world that can do that these days.
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 11:09 PM   #3203
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by louloubelle View Post
Yep, Alicia in particular did so at the Aussie open against Talaja which is about as bad as it gets for an Aussie. Hopefuly Liv moves in from it, and most importantly, learns from it.

No doubt she tried to hit Errani off the court and there is only 2-3 players in the world that can do that these days.
Yes I remember that Talaja match well, was so disappointing as Alicia had upset top 20 ranked Talaja the year before in the same round.

Yes she tried to blow Sara off the court and hit some beautiful winners but was never going to result in games on the board. Really a no win situation because when she did try and rally with her obviously Sara wins that battle. She took a few nice shots out of the air for winners which was unusual and nice to see. Her serve really let her down today too, had to catch at least 2 seconds serves and go again per game.

Old Aug 28th, 2013, 12:09 AM   #3204
country flag Jason A.

Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
I'm not disappointed about the result. I'm worried that Liv doesn't do enough to learn from top players like Errani when she plays them. Liv hits the balls as well as Sara - she should be studying her carefully to learn how to maximise her potential, but I'm afraid that with Liv's mindless blasting at the ball she doesn't learn anything

Bad luck though. I don't think this will affect her too badly.
Yeh, you're right. There is quite a bit that Liv could learn from a match like this. She hits the ball harder than Errani, but that fact made absolutely no difference to the outcome. Yes, she hit more winners than Sara (13-7), but she was buried under an avalanche of UE's (38-8). In other words, Sara's consistency is what won her this match. So the obvious question is: What could Liv have done differently in order to be more consistent out there today? The answer is that she needed to give herself more margin for error on her groundstrokes. And yes, she is capable of making those sorts of adjustments mid-match totally on her own and without a coach's intervention. I've seen her do it before, so I know that she can do it. So why did she never give Plan B a try? Well, I think that sometimes she does have a hard time figuring out what is working for her and what isn't. In my opinion, the problem isn't that she doesn't understand the game. The problem is that she doesn't put on her thinking cap quickly enough when things go south. So is there a reason why she doesn't try to put it on more quickly? Well, some people call her stubborn, and I think that that is a pretty fair label.

Anyhow, on a brighter note, I've gotta say that I did enjoy watching her play. Even when she isn't playing her best, you can always see just how talented she is. Elise Burgin was quite complimentary in her commentary with regards to Liv, and that was also nice to hear. In my opinion, Liv looked as if she has finally recovered most of her mojo. She has obviously worked hard in order to build back up some confidence and momentum, so all we can do is to hope that the disappointing scoreline doesn't affect her too much because this match wasn't decided on ability. It was decided on strategy.
Jason A. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 07:34 AM   #3205
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

At least she wasn't the only one who got double bageled today
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 07:36 AM   #3206
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
At least she wasn't the only one who got double bageled today
And Lauren Davis yesterday & almost Fran

Old Sep 11th, 2013, 10:55 PM   #3207
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

Liv is top seed in US 25k this week.

Opened up with a 64 60 win over Gonzalez. Tidy work, 7 aces & 100% of break points won

Embree up next

Old Sep 11th, 2013, 11:36 PM   #3208
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Gonzalez is no push over, so an easy win there is good.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 09:40 AM   #3209
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Good start Liv.
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 10:45 PM   #3210
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

62 60 over Embree. QF

Much nicer to be inflicting bagels