Olivia Rogowska - Page 195 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How high can Olivia Rogowska go?

Top 50 59 42.75%
Top 100 45 32.61%
Top 200 20 14.49%
Top 400 10 7.25%
Other (please specify) 4 2.90%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 1st, 2013, 04:17 AM   #2911
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Olivia Rogowska

Liv in doubles now with Jarka, they lead *3-2

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 02:38 AM   #2912
country flag brendoboy

brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all

Olivia and Jarka won that dubs easily good job ladies!!!
Ahhh so Monica Puig went on to almost beat Kerber in the third set tiebreaker the next round so it shows she was obviously on a hot streak. Hopefully Liv hits some form through Dubs with Jarka and also Sydney. Although seeing the names going to Sydney its gonna be bloooooooooody tuff!

Last edited by brendoboy : Jan 2nd, 2013 at 03:17 AM.
brendoboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 03:17 AM   #2913
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Kerber won. Puig is a better player then Liv from what i gather today thats why she won
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 05:02 AM   #2914
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

No surprise but Liv has just been awarded a w/c to the AO. Hopefully she can get over her current mini-slump and match last years effort.
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 05:51 AM   #2915
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
I think she was a bit unlucky to draw Puig - as we saw against Kerber she was in pretty impressive form. Not many places to hide in the Sydney draw but hopefully she can at least put in a good showing there, that might improve her spirits going in to Melbourne. Sometimes playing higher ranked players is better too, can play a more relaxed nothing to lose game.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com App

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 06:07 AM   #2916
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey_pan View Post
I think she was a bit unlucky to draw Puig - as we saw against Kerber she was in pretty impressive form. Not many places to hide in the Sydney draw but hopefully she can at least put in a good showing there, that might improve her spirits going in to Melbourne. Sometimes playing higher ranked players is better too, can play a more relaxed nothing to lose game.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com App
Perhaps but I am not sure she was necessarily going to win against the other qualifiers
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 09:37 AM   #2917
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

It was a tough opponent in the end but gone are the days when Brisbane is the poorer cousin of the Sydney tournament. But we expect big things from Liv when she plays anyone outside the top 20
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 09:42 AM   #2918
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Was this posted or not? Liv got MDWC for Aus Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Australia
Australian Open 2012 boys’ singles champion Luke Saville and rising star Olivia Rogowska have been awarded wildcards into Australian Open 2013.

Eighteen-year-old Saville, who also took out the Wimbledon junior boys’ title in 2011, spent most of 2012 concentrating on transitioning to the senior circuit, winning titles in Cairns and Bangkok, reaching the final in Traralgon and contesting semifinals in Japan, Alice Springs, Happy Valley and Esperance.

In the past 12 months Saville’s ranking has climbed more than 800 places to reach a career high of 340 in November. He is currently ranked No. 349.

“It’s awesome getting a wildcard into Australian Open 2013 and my home Grand Slam,” Saville said.

“To be competing against some of the best players in the world is going to be a great experience for me. I feel as if this is a reward for the great year I have had and all the hard work I have put into my tennis.”

The Adelaide-based teenager was named Male Junior Athlete of the Year at the Newcombe Medal, Australian Tennis Awards, last month.

Fellow wildcard recipient Olivia Rogowska, 21, will commence her Australian Open 2013 campaign on the back of a promising 12 months.

In 2012 the Melbourne local achieved a career-high singles ranking of 108 with title wins in Esperance, Rockhampton and Burnie, and main draw appearances at the Australian and US Opens. She is currently ranked No. 113.

“I’m really excited to receive a wildcard into Australian Open 2013 and am very thankful to [tournament director] Craig Tiley and Tennis Australia for the opportunity,” Rogowska said.

“Being from Melbourne it’s a great opportunity to play in front of my family and friends and I’m really looking forward to performing well in a few weeks’ time.

“I’ve been training really well over the last few months and have worked a lot on my fitness and strength, and I believe that I can compete with the top girls in the world. I’m looking forward to a big 2013 and there is no better way to start than at the first Grand Slam of the year.”

Australian Open discretionary wildcards are awarded on the basis of players’ attitude, youth, current form and ranking.

The reciprocal French Open wildcards will go to 19-year-old Caroline Garcia, currently ranked No.154, and Josselin Ouanna, ranked No. 120.

A promising junior, Ouanna defeated current world No. 1 Novak Djokovic in the semifinals of the boys’ singles draw at Australian Open 2004 before going down to countryman Gael Monfils in the decider.

There are eight Australian Open wildcards for both the men’s and women’s draw, with the following already announced:

Men
Wu Di (CHN) – Asia-Pacific Wildcard Play-off winner
Benjamin Mitchell – AO Play-off winner
Rhyne Williams – US Open reciprocal
Josselin Ouanna – French Open reciprocal
John Millman – Discretionary
Luke Saville – Discretionary

Women
Yuxuan Zhang (CHN) – Asia-Pacific Wildcard Play-off winner
Bojana Bobusic – AO Play-off winner
Madison Keys – US Open Reciprocal
Caroline Garcia – French Open Reciprocal
Ashleigh Barty – Discretionary
Olivia Rogowska – Discretionary

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 10:52 AM   #2919
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by louloubelle View Post
It was a tough opponent in the end but gone are the days when Brisbane is the poorer cousin of the Sydney tournament. But we expect big things from Liv when she plays anyone outside the top 20
But they were not an easy opponent. At the same time, Kerber also struggled in the first round and lost in the third round so she didn't play that well overall in Brisbane.

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 03:47 PM   #2920
country flag SidTheKid

SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future

Hopefully she will do well at AO and in Sydney

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
SidTheKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 08:59 PM   #2921
louloubelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
But they were not an easy opponent. At the same time, Kerber also struggled in the first round and lost in the third round so she didn't play that well overall in Brisbane.

Yes, I think we are all agreeing with each other.
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 12:39 AM   #2922
country flag brendoboy

brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,
what happened in the dubs W/O Jarka and Liv didnt play it
I was looking forward to seeing that match up against the number one seeds.
Hopefully it is Jarka
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 12:45 AM   #2923
country flag guichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendoboy View Post
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,
what happened in the dubs W/O Jarka and Liv didnt play it
I was looking forward to seeing that match up against the number one seeds.
Hopefully it is Jarka
Yes, it is Jarka( left thigh injury)

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 02:27 AM   #2924
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

1st round in Sydney VS Kirilenko. Could have been much worse. Of course she's beaten her before (albeit on clay in 2009) but obviously it's possible. I think she'll prefer being the underdog too GL Liv!

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 02:59 AM   #2925
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting to see how she goes. Kiri will be too strong this time around, but if there's ever a time to play a top 20 player it's their first event of the season
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote