Olivia Rogowska - Page 190 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How high can Olivia Rogowska go?

Top 50 59 43.38%
Top 100 43 31.62%
Top 200 20 14.71%
Top 400 10 7.35%
Other (please specify) 4 2.94%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 7th, 2012, 01:55 PM   #2836
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Re: Olivia Rogowska

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey_pan View Post
I'd say she realised that with the points she had to defend and the somewhat mediocre form she is in she's probably given up on getting direct entry for the AO and that's why she pulled out?
Probably and she knows that she is guarantee a main draw wc so maybe a lack of motivation for one less push factored in her decision to pull out too. Why "kill" herself ?
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 7th, 2012, 08:57 PM   #2837
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

She's played around 30 tournaments this year. That's a lot. Plus she's had her best year ever. I think she can miss a couple of tournaments quite legitimately.

Besides, she'd probably have more chance of earning a WC by winning the playoff than trying to get more WTA points. Give the girl a break. It's not a dumb move at all. And really... if Liv got in direct, who's the amazingly deserving player that would get her wildcard instead??
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 11:16 PM   #2838
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

That's not an excuse
It's not even about someone deserving a WC, it's that I am sure they work hard and they won't get one, even if she has the opportunity too
Still, she might not win the WC play-off with Sacha and Ash Also won't Casey lose some points???

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 12:39 AM   #2839
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
She's played around 30 tournaments this year. That's a lot. Plus she's had her best year ever. I think she can miss a couple of tournaments quite legitimately.

Besides, she'd probably have more chance of earning a WC by winning the playoff than trying to get more WTA points. Give the girl a break. It's not a dumb move at all. And really... if Liv got in direct, who's the amazingly deserving player that would get her wildcard instead??
Yeah I totally agree, I'm not upset/angry about the decision at all I was just saying that's probably why she pulled out. She's better off having a bit of a rest and recovering before the wildcard playoff. Like you say it's not like she's "robbing" anyone of a WC, apart from Barty nobody else really even deserves one based on form, so a smart move for sure. I just hope she comes out determined and firing in 2013, this is when she needs to make her move.

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 12:44 AM   #2840
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
That's not an excuse
It's not even about someone deserving a WC, it's that I am sure they work hard and they won't get one, even if she has the opportunity too
Still, she might not win the WC play-off with Sacha and Ash Also won't Casey lose some points???
I think that's why Casey entered Tokyo, once her Bendigo points come off she will be about 105-110 I think which will be borderline. Should only need 1 or 2 wins to guarantee herself a spot. If Sam is the only direct entrant

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 02:02 AM   #2841
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
That's not an excuse
Well it is not like the WC playoff matter anyway. We all know that she will get WC

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 02:22 AM   #2842
country flag guichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post

Yes but she reportedly said that she wanted to get in directly to the main draw. If she is injured/tired and want to rest that is her right.

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 02:33 AM   #2843
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

OK. Let's just encourage Liv, and players like her, to rely on handouts every year. Yeah, that's cool
TS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 02:43 PM   #2844
country flag guichard

She entered $75K dubai week of nov 26th
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 07:11 PM   #2845
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

It's good she entered 75K Last push for MD

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 11:54 PM   #2846
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Hopfully she plays.
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 12:52 PM   #2847
country flag Allez-y

Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light

Yes that's where she needs to go next, good luck!
Allez-y is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 09:18 PM   #2848
country flag guichard

Now she is out...so likely she is injured
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 10:23 PM   #2849
country flag Allez-y

Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light

Did not seem 100% during last few 25K Oz Pro Tours. The grind for "cheap" points at that level must have been tiring. Pity... needs a better strategy in 2013, apparently AIS funded so should not be a problem to travel overseas for 50Ks+ and grow. Our best hope so far (with Barty) in the next gen.
Allez-y is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 03:03 AM   #2850
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Liv
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote