Olivia Rogowska - Page 189 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How high can Olivia Rogowska go?

Top 50 58 43.28%
Top 100 42 31.34%
Top 200 20 14.93%
Top 400 10 7.46%
Other (please specify) 4 2.99%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 1st, 2012, 04:49 AM   #2821
country flag brendoboy

brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Olivia Rogowska

Well shes won through her first few rounds with ease in straight sets.
Bit more difficult from here on out....
Good luck Liv
Advertisement

Old Nov 1st, 2012, 07:24 AM   #2822
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

She better enter Japan $75K and Dubai $75K both late Nov!
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 09:17 AM   #2823
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Really hope she does, even just the 75 in japan would be good....
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 12:31 PM   #2824
country flag Allez-y

Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light

Yup get out of the local grind, get healthy, and go up to next level. Two main hopes ahead for Oz women in next generation are Rogowska and Barty.
Allez-y is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 04:13 PM   #2825
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Liv has entered Toyota, currently the 5th highest ranked player in the tournament...really hope she can score some wins here and cement that direct entry....just needs to finish off strong this week in Bendigo also...
|
Old Nov 6th, 2012, 11:47 AM   #2826
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future

She pulled out of $75K Toyota. Is she done for the year?
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2012, 11:11 PM   #2827
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Why
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 03:55 AM   #2828
country flag ozfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Sun View Post
She pulled out of $75K Toyota. Is she done for the year?
Noooooo idea...
|
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 04:19 AM   #2829
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

If it's injury, fair enough. But if she just can't be fagged, and has called time for the year then is very disappointing. Her choice to try and vulture all the $25Ks backfired, so she should be out there fighting tooth and nail to score an MD entry on her own merit, rather then rely on ANOTHER handout.

If her plan was to just play the $25K events and hope to get enough points from those alone, then she deserves to miss out.

Our girls are never going to get anywhere if they refuse to move on from these weak Oz challengers Get out there and have a go, ffs.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 04:27 AM   #2830
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
If it's injury, fair enough. But if she just can't be fagged, and has called time for the year then is very disappointing. Her choice to try and vulture all the $25Ks backfired, so she should be out there fighting tooth and nail to score an MD entry on her own merit, rather then rely on ANOTHER handout.

If her plan was to just play the $25K events and hope to get enough points from those alone, then she deserves to miss out.

Our girls are never going to get anywhere if they refuse to move on from these weak Oz challengers Get out there and have a go, ffs.
That's why Tennis Australia is downgrading many of our 25Ks to 10K level. It means they can place more tournaments, giving the younger girls a go while paying less money Sydney is a 10K next year, which sucks for me, but it is a good idea It's really sad that the girls just rely on WCs. I mean, I understand why, but it really is bad It stops another girl from getting in

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 06:52 AM   #2831
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
That's why Tennis Australia is downgrading many of our 25Ks to 10K level. It means they can place more tournaments, giving the younger girls a go while paying less money Sydney is a 10K next year, which sucks for me, but it is a good idea It's really sad that the girls just rely on WCs. I mean, I understand why, but it really is bad It stops another girl from getting in
Simply they are just not good enough to be playing at a level higher than $25k. And I don't necessarily mean Rogowoska, she can have decent results at higher tournaments, but the rest are mediocre and some of you aussie fans put too much expectations on them. Whenever they try bigger tournaments they fail miserably, this is the only way they can make a living and keep their ranking.

I also like the idea of downgrading some Aussie challengers, competition isn't strong enough and it will encourage players to travel more.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 10:47 AM   #2832
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
Simply they are just not good enough to be playing at a level higher than $25k. And I don't necessarily mean Rogowoska, she can have decent results at higher tournaments, but the rest are mediocre and some of you aussie fans put too much expectations on them. Whenever they try bigger tournaments they fail miserably, this is the only way they can make a living and keep their ranking.

I also like the idea of downgrading some Aussie challengers, competition isn't strong enough and it will encourage players to travel more.
Exact reason I don't like Aussie players

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 11:15 AM   #2833
country flag tennismanno1

tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice

how does this effect her ranking?
tennismanno1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 11:43 AM   #2834
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennismanno1 View Post
how does this effect her ranking?
More than likely she will be around # 118-#120 on Dec 3rd(Australia open cut off date). Unless she plays $75K Dubai, we will find out tomorrow(Thursday)

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 01:15 PM   #2835
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
More than likely she will be around # 118-#120 on Dec 3rd(Australia open cut off date). Unless she plays $75K Dubai, we will find out tomorrow(Thursday)

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free
I'd say she realised that with the points she had to defend and the somewhat mediocre form she is in she's probably given up on getting direct entry for the AO and that's why she pulled out?