Olivia Rogowska - Page 186 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How high can Olivia Rogowska go?

Top 50 59 42.45%
Top 100 46 33.09%
Top 200 20 14.39%
Top 400 10 7.19%
Other (please specify) 4 2.88%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 27th, 2012, 08:37 PM   #2776
country flag brendoboy

brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all
Re: Olivia Rogowska

Liv you did so well,
Tuff grind of a match with SOOOOOOO many deuce games that went forever! Just got done in the end
2-6 6-3 3-6

Wont be long now till Liv hits top 100, I think she is coming back home now for all the Aussie Pro Tour events which im sure she will be very successful in and has an opportunity to boost her rankings with a few solid performances.....

Bad luck Liv, Your almost there!
Advertisement

Old Aug 27th, 2012, 08:38 PM   #2777
country flag SidTheKid

SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future

Also heard there was drama as Liv saved MP Mandy threw up...Not far for Olivia till top 100 tho

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
SidTheKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 09:35 PM   #2778
country flag Mana

Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendoboy View Post

Liv you did so well,
Tuff grind of a match with SOOOOOOO many deuce games that went forever! Just got done in the end
2-6 6-3 3-6

Wont be long now till Liv hits top 100, I think she is coming back home now for all the Aussie Pro Tour events which im sure she will be very successful in and has an opportunity to boost her rankings with a few solid performances.....

Bad luck Liv, Your almost there!
You reckon?

She's defending 220 points from the Aussie swing last year, and she's still 80 points off the top 100. Because she played in the US Open, she'll only get to play 5 events, maximum. If she was to go on a tare, she would still only gain a maximum 250 points. Still leaving her slightly off the top 100.

Then to start next year she's got 268 points to defend in her first 7 events.

I'm not saying it's not going to happen, because it is possible. But she blew a big chance today. Gift draw against a player she should be beating if she wants to be a regular top 100 fixture.

Now the hard work really starts.
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 11:37 PM   #2779
country flag Picard

Picard is a glorious beacon of light Picard is a glorious beacon of light Picard is a glorious beacon of light Picard is a glorious beacon of light Picard is a glorious beacon of light Picard is a glorious beacon of light Picard is a glorious beacon of light Picard is a glorious beacon of light Picard is a glorious beacon of light Picard is a glorious beacon of light Picard is a glorious beacon of light

R1 USO2012

Doesn't look happy, though not surprising given the result.

Picard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 01:39 AM   #2780
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mana View Post
But she blew a big chance today. Gift draw against a player she should be beating if she wants to be a regular top 100 fixture. .
110% with you there. Golden opportunity to crack the Top 100 lost. Liv will and should be disappointed with this result.
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 02:16 AM   #2781
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

It is disappointing but to keep it in perspective, 1-2 years ago none of us really expected her to be back at this level being this competitive.
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 05:53 AM   #2782
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendoboy View Post
EXCITED!!!!

Mandy Minella is a very beatable player right now, shes had a few first round losses and is generally a clay courter.

I reallllllllllllllllllly think Liv can do this!!! Take the Bull by the horns Liv! Opportunity is knocking

GO LIV!
You shouldn't underestimate her, she has reached R3 of USO before

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GOERGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. DESTANEE AIAVA.
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 07:00 AM   #2783
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Bad luck Liv.
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 11:02 AM   #2784
country flag SidTheKid

SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future

From what I've been told she played really well just unlucky when she had BPs Minella served huge.

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #2785
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Lane View Post
So the rain kind of fucked around with my life today. All the matches I wanted to see ended up on at the same time, and Vika got on too late.

Started off with Mandy & Olivia on Court 15. On my way there, a wild Lucie appeared!

She and her coach were talking a mile a minute and then Lucie walked off and left her coach with her bag . I didn't wanna be such a creeper, so it's a little far away.

Mandy was cruising early, so I went to Ashe to stalk Eva pretend to care about watch the defending champion. But I was in the nosebleeds, so say hello to the ants on Ashe!

Then the rain came, and I hid under the Chase tent for like two hours. After the rain, I saw Mandy and Olivia were going to a third set so I went and took a seat over there. That's when things got cray. So Mandy had these guys rooting for her, dancing and cheering every time she won a point. And then were very respectful, didn't cheer Olivia's UEs or yell during the points. They were awesome. I wish they were my friends.

So then these little bints came over and kept trying to cheer for Olivia purely because they thought Mandy's guys were annoying. Tried Oli-via! Failed. Tried Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi! Failed. So then they mocked Mandy grunt, which legit, when I tell you it wasn't even a grunt, it wasn't even anything. They irritated me and thought AUS was Austria, and didn't know where Luxembourg was. They irritated Mandy too, because they were hanging on the gate so after Mandy held for 41* she fist pumped and Allez'ed in their general direction.

Fast forward to when Mandy served for the match, and on MP after a long rally Olivia hit a forehand swing volley winner for deuce. Then Mandy goes into the shady corner, and pukes. Just starts dry heaving on the court. Think back to Flavia vs. Peng at USO2K11. I was also there for that. Maybe it's me. I don't know. It was hot as balls out there, and they were having really long rallies. So Olivia is confused, and Mandy is even more confused and wants to keep playing. The chair told her it's in the rule she had to call the trainer to come clean it, and Mandy's like "Well, do I have to sit? I don't understand..." So they sat down for a bit until the trainer came, cleaned it and we continued. Mandy saved BP with a serve winner, hit an ace with a huge ALLEZ for MP, it was epic. The umpire got confused and called GSM but corrected herself right away. Rogowska hit a BH wide to end it. They shook hands and Rogowska couldn't get off the court fast enough. I looked down for two seconds and she was gone. Mandy then ran over and proceeded to high five the cool Luxembourg pride dudes. She signed a bunch of autographs too, she's a sweetie.

So I wanted to try to take a pic with Mandy if I could after the match because SHE WALKED RIGHT BY ME. But she looked like just wanted to get back to the locker room so I just yelled at her "Mandy, you were awesome!" and she turned and smiled and said thank you.
Aussies That was really bad..

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GOERGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. DESTANEE AIAVA.
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #2786
country flag tennismanno1

tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice

playing a 25k in rockhampton. should be almost a certainty to win it ranked number 1 with minimal outside talent to match her ranking
tennismanno1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 01:31 PM   #2787
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Except that she managed to lose R1 doubles despite being top seed
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #2788
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
Except that she managed to lose R1 doubles despite being top seed
I'm a bit worried that the loss at the US might have a bit of a hangover effect. Seems like it was a very tough match to lose I wouldn't be surprised by an early exit.

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 04:16 AM   #2789
country flag Territory

Liv wins Rockhampton! Her 6th ITF title and 2nd for the year.

2012 has been a very solid year for her. She definitely moved up a level and has played well pretty much throughout the year. Fantastic to see.
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 12:18 PM   #2790
country flag SidTheKid

Yaay really happy for her

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3