Olivia Rogowska - Page 161 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How high can Olivia Rogowska go?

Top 50 59 42.75%
Top 100 45 32.61%
Top 200 20 14.49%
Top 400 10 7.25%
Other (please specify) 4 2.90%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 16th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #2401
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of
Re: Olivia Rogowska

Well done Liv, glad to see that she has finally managed to get a win in a MD at a slam and no-one can say it was a BS draw against a lame opponent.

I wonder if it has helped her to have all the attention shift to Barty as the next wondergirl?

Whatever it is, hope she can build from here, these points will take her to 140, another few wins in the next few months could see her close to MD for the FO.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 16th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #2402
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

Yay Liv
Old Jan 16th, 2012, 10:02 PM   #2403
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Very impressive performance. I watched Arviddson play in Sydney and trust me, she is a good player indeed. So convincing this scoreline. Well done to Olivia and I am sure she will enjoy her next outing against Li Na.
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2012, 10:39 PM   #2404
country flag brendoboy

brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all

Haha I woke up and had to check the score again just to make sure
So awesome!
Hope she just relaxes now and comes out swinging freely again Li Na! Hope the throw it on a main court like hisense if not RL
Go hard Liv!
Old Jan 16th, 2012, 10:49 PM   #2405
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Any highlights floating around?
TS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 12:42 AM   #2406
country flag Jason A.

Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold

Rogowska makes most of wildcard

Monday, 16 January, 2012
By Darren Saligari

It was a case of fourth time lucky for Australian Olivia Rogowska on day one of Australian Open 2012.

While Rogowska finished her match with an excited celebratory jump, fellow Australians Ash Barty and Ben Mitchell were more subdued after suffering first-up losses.

Rogowska’s opponent on Monday, Sweden’s Sofia Arvidsson, is ranked almost 100 places higher, but with a band of family and friends courtside, the 20-year-old was determined to walk off court a winner.

“It’s up there with my French Open win and my US Open performance,” Rogowska said.

“I went out there with my approach a bit different to my last couple of times I’ve played in the Australian Open. I believed in myself, I stayed calm, stayed composed and that really helped me win today.”

Breaking Arvidsson in the opening game of the first set gave the Melburnian an early shot of confidence as the two tested each other out, but not all was going to plan for Rogowska.

“I didn’t feel like I played my best tennis today. I’ve been practicing really, really well and I didn’t feel like I played like that in my match today,” Rogowska said.

“Other times I probably would have gotten upset if I didn’t play perfect, but this time I just played tough. It wasn’t pretty tennis, but I played well on the important points.”

Another early break in the second set saw Rogowska take a commanding lead, which she refused to relinquish.

Arvidsson had trouble penetrating the Rogowska serve, with the Australian winning 70 per cent of points off her first serve.

Despite her lack of experience in majors, Rogowska is under no illusions as to what she has to do next.

“It’s the second time I’ve been in the second round of a Grand Slam, so I’m going to kind of treat it a bit differently. I’m going to straight away focus on my next match and try to continue.”

And that second-round match will be against fifth seed and 2011 finalist, Li Na.

Meanwhile, the news wasn’t as good for Australian Open debutants Ash Barty and Ben Mitchell.

Fifteen-year-old Barty, the youngest player in the women’s main draw, won her place in the Australian Open via the wildcard play-off in December.

But the dream debut wasn’t to be. Barty had her chances against 21-year-old Georgian Anna Tatishvili, but the young Queenslander was unable to capitalise.

A combination of unforced errors – 43 in all compared with Tatishvili’s 17 – and inexperience at critical moments counted against Barty as she fell 6-2 7-6(4).

“It was my first Grand Slam so, you know, I felt like I was able to compete with her pretty well in that second set, as well in the first. I just made a few too many errors,” Barty said after the match.

Mitchell fought valiantly against big-serving American John Isner but fell in straight sets 6-4 6-4 7-6(1). With Australian Davis Cup captain, former world No.1 and dual US Open champion Pat Rafter watching from the stands, Mitchell worked hard, but Isner made more of his opportunities, breaking Mitchell on three occasions to take the match.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...712752288.html

Quote:
“I didn’t feel like I played my best tennis today. I’ve been practicing really, really well and I didn’t feel like I played like that in my match today,” Rogowska said.
And I agree with her. She played a great match, but she didn't play her best tennis. That said, she didn't need it in order to get the win. A lot of the time, a great player doesn't need their best tennis in order to beat a quality opponent, because they're just head and shoulders above the other gal/guy. It's great to be able to say that when comparing Liv to the 75th-ranked player in the world. She's worked hard; she's just reaping the benefits. Slowly, but surely, she is getting there.
Jason A. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 12:57 AM   #2407
country flag Pebbles

Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute

nice words from liv I think she has a great shot at beating Li.
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 05:02 AM   #2408
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

First up on RLA tomorrow. Good experience for her, just means I can't be at the match...

DATE-KRUMM ERAKOVIC KUZNETSOVA BARTY SANDERS

ROGOWSKA ZAKOPALOVA PIRONKOVA JANKOVIC DELLACQUA
Keadz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 06:41 AM   #2409
country flag simonsaystennis
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute

If she goes out swinging freely and doesn't put pressure on herself, she could make a match of this. The crowd will be totally behind her!

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
simonsaystennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 08:15 AM   #2410
country flag brendoboy

brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all brendoboy is a name known to all

I think she was happy to win her first round
Attached Images
File Type: jpg olivia.jpg (94.6 KB, 12 views)
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 11:17 PM   #2411
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

Bit of a nervy start. Struggling to get the ball deep.

Old Jan 17th, 2012, 11:19 PM   #2412
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Not a good start Very nervous and pushing the ball back with nothing on it.

Hopefully she settles She's better than this.
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 11:19 PM   #2413
country flag TS

Break
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 11:25 PM   #2414
country flag Keadz

Playing a bit better off the ground, but really struggling with the serve.

When she gets a first serve in its usually pretty effective.

Old Jan 17th, 2012, 11:30 PM   #2415
country flag TS

Complete mis-match so far. I really hope Liv can settle down a bit. She needs to channel that US Open 09 form