Olivia Rogowska - Page 146 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How high can Olivia Rogowska go?

Top 50 59 43.38%
Top 100 43 31.62%
Top 200 20 14.71%
Top 400 10 7.35%
Other (please specify) 4 2.94%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 5th, 2011, 03:22 PM   #2176
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Olivia Rogowska

Olivia taking advantage of some dodgy umpiring
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 5th, 2011, 03:25 PM   #2177
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Pegs it back to 4-5

Flavia serving for the match for a second time now.
Old Jul 5th, 2011, 03:31 PM   #2178
country flag TS

5-5

Great effort here from Liv! Flavia seems to have fallen apart after that horrible line call serving at 5-2
Old Jul 5th, 2011, 03:39 PM   #2179
country flag TS

Loses 2-6 5-7

Certainly not embarrassed out there, she can take some positives out of this. Good tournament
Old Jul 5th, 2011, 03:45 PM   #2180
country flag tennismanno1

tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice tennismanno1 is just really nice

quite dissapointed in liv not to take that second set, let it go way to early and wouldve easily won it after her opponents brain fade

overall she showed glimpses of good work but i believe she has a long way to go

she certainly needs to tighten up her game. way to many unforced errors at cruicial times and in general, would benefit from being more conistent

another thing is her forehand. hit some brilliant winners off it but i fear its a aspect which when she is not on her game would fall apart

she needs to improve her game a lot to match it with the top girls (100 and below) and she showed she can do it 2-3 years ago but has done minor since

my last vent is on the throwing of her racket at one stage. i admit to doing it as a junior but i think its a sign of mental weakness and she should eliminate from her game (the throwing in that match is not the only time she has done it) players simply feed on that stuff

overall i think liv future is in her hands (sorry for the cliche) its up to her if she really wants to step up or simply be a future and satellite tour player

some people may despise what i have written in this post but i hope some agree and further contribute
tennismanno1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2011, 03:59 PM   #2181
country flag TS

I don't think anyone would "despise" what you wrote. You've just stated the truth really.

She did blow it at the end of that set, but putting it in perspective, this is a main draw of a wta level tournament so naturally she's going to tighten up. It's a good experience for her, but I agree with you in that she hasn't really stepped up to the plate since we saw her have that promising year in 09. Still very young and heading in the right direction at least.

Onwards
Old Jul 5th, 2011, 11:22 PM   #2182
country flag brendoboy

brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light

Well done Liv
By the sounds of it she shouldnt have gotten that close anyway.
So she has the fighting quality about her thats for sure......

Great tournament, who would of backed her to make the main draw anyway?

How many ranking points did she pick up???

Old Jul 6th, 2011, 03:00 AM   #2183
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Bad luck Liv i only watched the first set and she had chances to break but to many erros. Hope this gives her confidence to try quallies in more WTA tournments.
Chris93 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 04:40 AM   #2184
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

These are the type if results which create belief that she can compete on the main tour, and can move away from the 25k's in country Australia.

Nice job qualifying liv, an good effort in that second set.

DATE-KRUMM ERAKOVIC KUZNETSOVA BARTY SANDERS

ROGOWSKA ZAKOPALOVA PIRONKOVA JANKOVIC DELLACQUA
Keadz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 07:24 AM   #2185
country flag TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendoboy View Post
Well done Liv
By the sounds of it she shouldnt have gotten that close anyway.
So she has the fighting quality about her thats for sure......

Great tournament, who would of backed her to make the main draw anyway?

How many ranking points did she pick up???

16 points for qualifying.
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 11:08 AM   #2186
country flag brendoboy

brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light

nice!

where does she sit now in the rankings
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 11:42 AM   #2187
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2011, 05:17 AM   #2188
country flag Jason A.

Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold

So after a long, hard tour of duty playing 25k's all across Europe, Olivia turns her attention back to the WTA, and she qualifies for a Tour event for the very first time. That had to be pretty satisfying for her after fighting in the ITF trenches for the last few months. Well, having drawn Flavia in the first round, there was little time for celebration; out of the frying pan, and into the fire. But you know what? I think that she did a great job against Flavia. First things first, it looked like she was playing the match on tired legs, but Liv didn't let that cramp her style. She worked with what she had on the day, and she made the most out of it. In that same vein, when she found herself in a deep hole in the second set, she just stayed calm and focused. Before you knew it, she had climbed all the way back into that set. To cut a long story short, she looked like a veteran out there. Here I was worried that she might be nervous coming into this match, but instead she looked as cool as a cucumber. Her forehand worked; her backhand worked; her serve worked. Life is so much easier, when you don't feel any nerves. I haven't quite deluded myself into believing that she has suddenly turned into Michael Jordan in the 4th quarter, but this sort of performance was a heartening one to watch nonetheless. I've said it before, I'll say it again. As Liv gets more of the experience that she needs, good things will happen.
Jason A. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 11:16 PM   #2189
country flag brendoboy

slowly but surely climbing back up the rankings

Where is Liv at now?
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 04:21 PM   #2190
country flag Jason A.

Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendoboy View Post
slowly but surely climbing back up the rankings

Where is Liv at now?
O Canada!

Next week Liv is back in action at a 100k in Vancouver.
Jason A. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote