Destanee Aiava - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 20th, 2014, 02:54 AM   #1
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Destanee Aiava

Destanee Aiava
Age 13
Born 5 October 2000
Birth Place Melbourne, Victoria
Lives Narre Warren, Victoria
Height 151 cm
Plays Right-handed
Coach Andrea Stotenberg

Destanee really looks like a great prospect, 13 years old and she will be into the top 100 of the juniors rank. She has already been signed by Nike, reached R3 of AO this year losing to eventual winner. W/L for the year is 16/2. Career W/L 19/3

Notable wins:
Maddison Inglis (beatdowns)
Nina Stojanovic
Baijing Lin
Katrine Steffensen

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3

Last edited by Kəv. : Apr 22nd, 2014 at 09:45 AM.
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 20th, 2014, 03:02 AM   #2
country flag jay holter

jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of
Re: Destanee Aiava

Very excited to follow her results.
jay holter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2014, 03:04 AM   #3
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

SPORT

Steffi Graf sings Aussie 12-year-old Destanee Aiava's praises
VALKERIE BAYNES IN PARIS THE COURIER-MAIL JUNE 11, 2012 12:00AM
Destanee Aiava
Young Australian tennis player Destanee Aiava has had her praises sung by tennis legend Steffi Graf. Source: Supplied
NOT many 12-year-olds have a 22-time grand slam champion singing their praises, but that's what happened to Australia's Destanee Aiava on Sunday.

Steffi Graf was "really impressed" after playing an exhibition with the Narre Warren youngster at Roland Garros, home of the French Open.

It was Aiava's prize for winning the Longines Future Tennis Aces tournament, an event involving 16 girls from around the world.

"We were playing against the wind a little bit on that one side but she wasn't bothered by that at all," said Longines ambassador Graf, who teamed up with Aiava in doubles.

"She was going for her strokes. She showed clever shots at the net. I was very impressed."

Aiava defeated opponents from Britain, Spain and Switzerland before winning the final 4-2 5-3 against Japan's Haruna Arakawa, who teamed in yesterday's exhibition with Germany's world No.13, Sabine Lisicki.

Aiava said Graf had told her to "keep working hard and enjoy every moment".

Aiava's speed and power are impressive, the result of working with father Mark, a powerlifter, and mother Rosie, a professional kick-boxer. She also works with coach Andrea Stoltenberg.

Tennis Australia's Todd Woodbridge said Aiava was "a fantastic little athlete".

"I don't think I've seen in women's tennis in Australia who has a physique as athletic and as fast moving," he said.

"We know she's going to grow and we know she's going to get physically stronger. And that's where the game has gone."

Old Apr 20th, 2014, 03:10 AM   #4
country flag Kəv.

She's coached by Andrea Stoltenberg who is Jason Stoltenberg's wife and Ash Barty's coach

Old Apr 20th, 2014, 03:17 AM   #5
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't remember the last time we had a 13 year old in the top 100. I don't even think Ash was in the top 100 at 13.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2014, 03:50 AM   #6
country flag Kəv.

Destanee will be the first player born in the 2000s in the top 100 and shes way ahead of the next player who is at #245

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Old Apr 20th, 2014, 03:58 AM   #7
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like such an exciting prospect can't wait to see her play.

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2014, 04:13 AM   #8
country flag Kəv.

Watching Destanee speak she sounds soo young and shy I guess she needs some more interview practice, I then watched Seones interview and she sounded really mature and free flowing.

Old Apr 21st, 2014, 09:06 AM   #9
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

She lives in the same suburb as me
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2014, 12:37 PM   #10
country flag Brett.
Rest In Peace, Elena

Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute

So weird to see up-and-coming junior born in 2000. I feel so old now! lol
Brett. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2014, 12:47 PM   #11
country flag Brett.
Rest In Peace, Elena

Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute

I love this video.

Brett. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 01:55 AM   #12
country flag jay holter

jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of

http://acelandtennis.com.au/news/927...-grounded.html
Quote:
Chores help keep teenage tennis star Aiava grounded

A THIRD straight junior ITF title will not spare Destanee Aiava from dishes duty at her Narre Warren home tonight.

Aiava’s father Mark said after her Victorian Junior Claycourt International title triumph today that regular chores were part of the plan to keep his 13-year-old daughter grounded.

“She still does dishes today and she’s still out there hanging washing,” Mark said with a chuckle.

“The more of those sorts of things we can keep instilled in her upbringing will keep her humble, in a sense.”

Aiava’s latest victory – a 6-0 6-2 success over last year’s Australian 18-and-under champion Maddison Inglis – improved her season record to 22 wins against just two losses.

Mark said her title hat-trick was something the whole family would savour.

It did not take him or his wife Rosie long to realise Aiava was a natural-born competitor.

“We knew probably before she even picked up a racquet,” Mark said.

“I was coaching teams at the time and she just wanted to get involved in every team aspect of training I conducted.

“She was out there with guys or with girls – it didn’t matter what sport – and it was just a matter of time before she chose the one for herself she was going to excel in.

“Tennis was definitely a sport we weren’t accustomed to or knew much about, but she’s certainly come on in leaps and bounds.”

Aiava is an imposing physical specimen for any age, let alone a 13-year-old schoolgirl.

Mark, a personal trainer and multiple world championship-winning powerlifter, said her build was a combination of genetics and hard work.

He also played rugby union and represented New Zealand in athletics and martial arts, while Rosie, who was born in American Samoa, competed for Australia and New Zealand in rugby.

“We’ve certainly been around the sporting fields, but tennis is something we’ve become accustomed to and come to love, more so because the daughter is involved now,” Mark said.

“We’ve always been in sport the majority of our lives and continue to be with working in the fitness industry and likewise with my wife, Rosie.

“Her mum still trains and competes today in the fighting game, so it was just a matter of time before she started to fill out and grow.

“We just don’t know how much more growing there is to go.”

A normal week in Aiava’s life involves twice-daily training sessions – morning and night around school – six days a week. Sunday is her recovery day.

But her education at St Francis Xavier College in Berwick, in south-east Victoria, is certainly not just something that fills in the time between tennis training.

“It’s funny because she said when she got off the court: ‘Back to school on Tuesday, dad – I can’t wait’,” Mark said.

“She enjoys both. She also enjoys the fact the school is very supportive.

“It’s not a tennis school as such, but they’re very supportive of her endeavours, particularly when it comes to travelling overseas.”

Aiava has a younger brother, Toriq, who has dabbled in tennis, but she said he was yet to make up his mind on what sport he would play.
jay holter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 02:22 AM   #13
country flag Zenith.

Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute Zenith. has a reputation beyond repute
Nice article

Didn't realize Ingliss was 18-under champion! That means Destanee could be in contention to play in AO qualies next year

Nastia Mona Venus

R.I.P. Bally - you will always be remembered
Zenith. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 04:34 AM   #14
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

You go gurl.
Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 06:19 AM   #15
country flag Kəv.

So school is why shes not playing the other ITF this week