Sally Peers - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How high can Sally Peers go?

Top 50 10 24.39%
Top 100 16 39.02%
Top 200 12 29.27%
Top 400 3 7.32%
Other (please specify) 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 18th, 2009, 04:46 AM   #106
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sally Peers

Yes this thread is dead. Hopefully with some more good results, she'll get more attention around here. She's been overshadowed by Rogowska, Wejnert and Holland in the past but I think she's ready to forge her own path now. She's certainly overtaken Wejnert and Holland
TS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 18th, 2009, 04:42 PM   #107
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

I think Sally's results have been overlooked as the prettier girls have been getting all the attention. If Sally does not win the playoff, and it is obvious they are not going to give the last remaining WC to either Soph or Mon, I think Sally should be next in line above Jess, Monika and Isabella.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2009, 08:25 PM   #108
Golovinjured.

Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute

Peers for MDWC! She's been performing so well lately.
Golovinjured. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2010, 07:19 AM   #109
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.brisbaneinternational.com...efies-the-odds

Comeback kid Peers defies the odds

Dynamic Victorian teenager Sally Peers overcame a 5-0 deciding deficit and saved two match points to produce a stunning first-round qualifying win at Brisbane International 2010 this afternoon.

The tenacious Peers overcame a slow start to post a rousing 2-6 6-2 7-6 (6) victory over 174th-ranked Andrea Hlavackova from Czech Republic.

A good crowd enjoyed Family Day at the Queensland Tennis Centre taking the opportunity to see some world-class tennis in the cut-throat qualifying rounds.

Peers, ranked 313 in the world, is the first Australian to advance to tomorrow’s second round of women’s qualifying and will be joined by Melbourne counterpart Olivia Rogowska.

Rogowska (145) enjoyed a 6-2 7-6(4) win over Anastasiya Yakimova (109).

Both players have showed form during the Australian summer in the last couple of months in the Pro Tour and the Australian Open Wildcard Play-off.

Gold Coast teenager Monika Wejnert (379) suffered a 6-3 6-1 loss to the powerful-hitting Ukraine Mariya Koryttseva (118).
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2010, 08:08 AM   #110
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing fight there! She's certainly putting her hand up for that final WC, and I hope she gets it
TS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2010, 08:53 AM   #111
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

^^ Same here. Unless they are hell-bent on promoting one of Moore, Holland or Wejnert regardless of results, she'd have to be first in-line.
Old Jan 1st, 2010, 10:36 AM   #112
country flag Sammy 4 eva!!!
GA GA OOH LA LA.

Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute Sammy 4 eva!!! has a reputation beyond repute

Sally played so well today. I am in awe of her. She hit two amazing winners to save match points. She has amaze lobs and her backhand is love

She had the whole crowed involved with her come on's.

Good luck nest round Sally (:

◊ Casey Dellacqua ◊ Olivia Rogowska ◊ Monika Wejnert ◊ Jelena Dokic ◊
◊ Laura Robson ◊ Sabine Lisicki ◊ Timea Bacsinszky ◊ Dinara Safina ◊
Sammy 4 eva!!! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2010, 10:37 AM   #113
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

Great win for Sally, shame about the lack of points from WTA qualifying. Hopefully she can put in a decent effort next round and continue this form for the rest of the Aussie season.

DATE-KRUMM ERAKOVIC KUZNETSOVA BARTY SANDERS

ROGOWSKA ZAKOPALOVA PIRONKOVA JANKOVIC DELLACQUA
Keadz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2010, 10:55 AM   #114
country flag hdfb

hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by louloubelle View Post
^^ Same here. Unless they are hell-bent on promoting one of Moore, Holland or Wejnert regardless of results, she'd have to be first in-line.
Moore must be old news after today's loss. Holland and Wejnert are still coming up.
Old Jan 13th, 2010, 05:40 AM   #115
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

AUSTRALIAN OPEN QUALIFYING DRAW
Darya Kustova BLR (10) v Zuzana Kucova SVK
Nina Bratchikova RUS v Tomoko Yonemura JPN
Elena Bovina RUS v Sally Peers AUS
Shuai Zhang CHN v Julia Schruff GER (19)

Old Jan 14th, 2010, 02:56 AM   #116
country flag Keadz

Sally lost 2-6 2-6. The match seemed to go for a lot longer though, kept a former top 20 player on the ropes for a bit...just couldn't win those points at 30-30 or deuce.

Old Jan 14th, 2010, 08:27 AM   #117
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

She did OK today, although she was playing Bovina's game, she needed to mix it up more and be a little craftier
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2010, 11:46 PM   #118
country flag Money Penny

Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice Money Penny is just really nice

i ran into a friend of sally's brother at the Open. He said that sally was thinking about going over to college in the US just like her older brother
Money Penny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 07:06 PM   #119
country flag Mana

Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute

Sally is into the quarterfinals of the doubles partnering Laura Robson.

For this effort they split $55k between them

Great for her ranking also
Old Jan 27th, 2010, 09:54 AM   #120
country flag Mana

Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute

Sally up next on Rod Laver

Doubles quarterfinal against Kirilenko/Radwanska.... no impossible!! C'mon Sal