Sally Peers - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How high can Sally Peers go?

Top 50 10 24.39%
Top 100 16 39.02%
Top 200 12 29.27%
Top 400 3 7.32%
Other (please specify) 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 8th, 2009, 01:26 AM   #76
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sally Peers

Sally's Upcoming Schedule:

18 - 24 May, 2009
- 50th Trofeo Bonfiglio Italian Open Junior Championships - Milan, Italy
- No.22 in Qualifying Draw

25 - 31 May, 2009
- $US25 000 Grado ITF Women's Circuit Event - Grado, Italy
- No.63 in Qualifying Draw

31 May - 7 June, 2009
- Roland Garros Junior Championships
- No.24 in Qualifying Draw

Don't really know why Sally is subjecting herself to playing qualifying for junior tournaments. She should (IMO) be with Monika in South Korea picking up more senior points.
Advertisement

Old May 8th, 2009, 08:25 AM   #77
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Great effort from sally, just wish she could have kept her momentum after the second set as this coud have been a breakout win for her and it would have been interesting to see her take on rogowska. Its just unfortunate that she will probably waste this good form on junior qualifying (yuk), still shaping up as a good year though. I assume the AIS does the girls schedules?

Last edited by jack21 : May 8th, 2009 at 09:31 AM.
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2009, 03:02 PM   #78
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the AIS does the schedules, or at least has significant input.

Not sure what Sally is up to but she skipped the junior tournament this week. She has cracked the top 400 however on the WTA Rankings now sitting at No.391 and she is the No.3 Victorian and No.10 Aussie.
Old Jun 2nd, 2009, 01:39 AM   #79
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Sally has quallified for a 25K in Italy. She had a bye in the first roundand a WO in the second. In the third she beat a player ranked in the 700s 60 57 61. Not exactly impressive but she was out for a couple of weeks and this is her first tournament on clay overseas. Unfortunately she plays an inform young Italian who pushed Ferguson to 3 sets last week. Good luck Sal, just do your best.
Old Jun 3rd, 2009, 04:33 AM   #80
country flag jack21

Sally lost her first round to Burnett 26 64 61. This isn't a bad effort considering Burrnet has been in great form looking at her last few matches. Sally plays a 100K next week She is in qualifying with Rogowska.
Old Jun 3rd, 2009, 07:30 AM   #81
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah Burnett (typical Italian name hey? lol) has been playing well lately, so I was a bit surprised at the score. Shame Sal couldn't put her away though.

An extra ranking point though Good luck next week
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2009, 02:03 PM   #82
country flag OZTENNIS

This is the girl Sally saved match points against in the Junior Fed Cup Semi Finals against Italy in 2007.

Good to see Sally was competitive in her first tournament back. Be good to see her make some waves soon.
Old Jun 8th, 2009, 11:54 PM   #83
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

Wow check this out!

$100,000+H Marseille 2009 FRANCE Clay

Doubles
R1: Sally Peers AUS / Laura Thorpe FRA d. Andreja Klepac SLO / Ioana Raluca Olaru ROU [3] 6/4 6/4
Old Jun 9th, 2009, 04:59 AM   #84
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute

haha wtf? wowzer..!
Harvs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2009, 11:43 AM   #85
Golovinjured.

Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute

She lost QR1 in singles.
Golovinjured. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2009, 01:39 PM   #86
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golovinjured. View Post
She lost QR1 in singles.
yeah but didn't get smashed 4n4 to halep is pretty decent....generally i like how sally seems to always be competitive in her matches even if she loses!!

that dubz win was pretty sweet....hopefully a boost of confidence for singles!!
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2009, 03:29 PM   #87
country flag OZTENNIS

^^
4 and 4 against Halep is impressive IMO.
Halep won the French and Italian Open Juniors last year and is great on the clay...
Would like to see Sally play some smaller events to build the ranking up a bit more first, however
Old Jun 13th, 2009, 03:33 AM   #88
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZTENNIS View Post
^^
4 and 4 against Halep is impressive IMO.
Halep won the French and Italian Open Juniors last year and is great on the clay...
Would like to see Sally play some smaller events to build the ranking up a bit more first, however
Agreed about Halep....yes and no about smaller events....i think Sally will learn a lot and be better off for playing some of these events where possible....show her where the holes are in her game against better players etc!!
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2009, 05:10 PM   #89
Golovinjured.

Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute

Wimbledon Girls MD is out, here is Sally's section (I didn't go past R2 for a reason, LOL)

Malou Ejdesgaard DEN v Sally Peers AUS
Katarena Paliivets CAN v Laura Robson GBR (2)

Hopefully she can reach R2, be good to have a go at Robson.
Golovinjured. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2009, 04:44 AM   #90
country flag jack21

Sally is through to the second round of Wimby juniors after she won her first round match convincingly (something like 6-2 6-3). She now plays Robson which will be a good experience for her.