Sally Peers - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How high can Sally Peers go?

Top 50 10 24.39%
Top 100 16 39.02%
Top 200 12 29.27%
Top 400 3 7.32%
Other (please specify) 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 18th, 2008, 01:33 AM   #61
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sally Peers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimoo View Post
I can see her being like a Christina Wheeler player in the future, I have faith that Sally can crack the top 150, she is showing progress aswell as consistency in results this past few months which is very important and if she keeps heading in that direction I can see her being a good player. It is just a matter of her developing somesort of weapon to take the next step.

By the way congrats on making the semis, I hope she gives Grandin a good go and I think she will. Regardless I think Sally can crack the top 400 by the end of the year.
Agreed. She is shaping as a bit of a Christina Wheeler. I think her recent results will prevent her from being dropped by the AIS next year, so it would be good to see them continue to work on developing her game. Be good too if she can do some work with Mantilla over in Barcelona on the clay.

She needs to make the quarter finals next week in Port Pirie to 'offically' end the year in the top 400 as the official year end rankings are released at the end of November, before the WA 25k's. With a good draw she can do that. Otherwise, if she plays the 25ks in WA, she might even crack the top 350
Advertisement

Old Oct 20th, 2008, 01:19 PM   #62
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

$US25 000 Port Pirie ITF Women's Circuit Event - Port Pirie, AUS
Women's Singles, Main Draw of 32
Representing Australia, Sally Peers, unseeded

R1: versus Marinne GIRAUD (MRI) (2)

tough draw for Sally this week. But then again, she did draw and beat Jones last week. Giraud is currently ranked 291 but her form has been a bit patchy in recent times. Since July, she has only played in 2 events, losing second round on both occasions. I reckon this one will be close, but I think Giraud will get over the top in a tough one. Prove me wrong Sally!

She has 5 points to defend for the rest of the season, and is safely guaranteed of a top 500 ranking. If she can beat Giraud, she has a good chance of making the quarter finals. And if she makes the quarter finals, she will crack the top 400 for the first time and guarantee herself a top 450 year end ranking.

Good luck
Old Oct 29th, 2008, 11:16 AM   #63
country flag OZTENNIS

Sally achieved a career high ranking of World No.442 this week after her great run in Mount Gambier. For the time being, this makes her the Aussie No.10 and No.2 in Victoria.

Good luck for the rest of the season
Old Dec 2nd, 2008, 09:44 PM   #64
country flag OZTENNIS

Sally has dipped a bit in the rankings because she didn't defend a couple of points from last year on the SA Circuit. She didn't play on the WA Circuit this last few weeks either, so hopefully she will be fully fit and ready to go at the 18s Nationals next week where she will be the top seed, good luck
Old Dec 6th, 2008, 03:19 AM   #65
country flag Lennval

Lennval has a reputation beyond repute Lennval has a reputation beyond repute Lennval has a reputation beyond repute Lennval has a reputation beyond repute Lennval has a reputation beyond repute Lennval has a reputation beyond repute Lennval has a reputation beyond repute Lennval has a reputation beyond repute Lennval has a reputation beyond repute Lennval has a reputation beyond repute Lennval has a reputation beyond repute

I like this girl, will she get some WC for qualies AO maybe?
Lennval is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2008, 05:43 AM   #66
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say most likely...wouldn't be surprised if she got one. She's performed well at ITF level along with Rogowska, and she would be certain for a Q WC if she won the 18s Nationals.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2008, 06:08 AM   #67
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute

lol she will defidently get a qualies wc..
Harvs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2009, 01:33 AM   #68
country flag Brett.
Rest In Peace, Elena

Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute

Brett. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2009, 01:35 AM   #69
country flag Brett.
Rest In Peace, Elena

Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute

Brett. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2009, 06:19 AM   #70
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

Sally played very well against in her qualies match, she's aggressive, has some good power, I can definitely see her going top 200 in the next few years.
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2009, 02:42 PM   #71
country flag OZTENNIS

^^^^
Good to hear

And she has backed up her impressive form in AO Quallies with a 6-1 6-4 romp against Monique Adamczak, a player she had never beaten before.

Done enough to maintain her top 500 ranking now until September, hopefully she doesn't play anymore juniors and plays with some of the girls in Asia...
Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 10:51 AM   #72
country flag OZTENNIS

Sally is up to No.460 on the WTA Singles Rankings this week, making her No.11 in Australia and No.4 in Victoria.
Old May 7th, 2009, 09:00 AM   #73
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Sally will reach the top 400 in a few weeks time which is a great effort., Go sal. I just wanted to know if any one else feels that she is often overlooked in favour of rogowska, holland and wejnert. While i agree that she is not as promissing as those 3 i hope that she is given the same oportunities in the future as she is a consistent performer and it is only really those 1 or 2 flashy results that separates her from the others, plus she is ranked just above both holland and wejnert. If she decides to travel later in the year and plays some overseas itf's i think that she could end the year at around the 300 hundred mark and hoppefully be in the running for an AO md wildcard next year.
Keep up the good work Sally
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 10:40 AM   #74
country flag OZTENNIS

I agree with you. Sally is overlooked by many in favour of Moore, Rogowska, Holland and Wejnert. Just take a look at the number of views her thread has had compared with the aforementioned group.
Old May 7th, 2009, 11:38 AM   #75
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is because Sally hasn't done anything noteworthy as of yet. She is extremely solid and is a consistent performer but is overlooked for other girls around her age (Rogowska, Holland, Wejnert) because they have all done something more then Sally, Rogowska for obvious reasons, Wejnert won a 25k and beat Dokic, Holland was a runner up at a 25k and pushed a top 20 player.

If Sally makes a final of a 25k or something else more noteworthy rather then just being consistent then I'm sure she'll get a lot more attention.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote